1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post news about Browns..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 15, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Must look at the game in those field goal misses to see whether we hung physically with the other team or did we get lucky to get into that position.

I would think that Vegas folks look at all the games during the offseason to find out which teams kept games close.

2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Just for giggles...ESPN updated their Power Rankings:

20 - Dolphins - Last Week: 18. Ryan Tannehill has a new toy. No player has more receiving touchdowns at least 20 yards downfield since 2009 than new Dolphins wideout Mike Wallace.

28 - Browns - Last Week: 28. Brandon Weeden had the fifth-worst Total QBR on throws at least 15 yards downfield last year, but new offensive coordinator Norv Turner isn't shy about throwing deep.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go deep often w/o your #1 receiver on the field...

SICK likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    We have posted a lot about developments within the Cleveland Browns' roster, in terms of health and whatnot. Barkevious Mingo is most likely out and Josh Gordon is suspended, Dion Lewis is obviously out and so are the two right guards Lauvao and Pinkston, which forces Oniel Cousins into the role there.

However, we've not said anything about the Colts' health. We play them only one week after the Browns and they've had some real issues. Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen are both ailing, as are Anthony Castonzo and Ahmad Bradshaw.

But I guess it looks like all of them will be ready to go by Week 1, so they'll probably be lathered up for Week 2.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/04/colts-getting-healthy-in-time-for-opener/

4. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Mingo was in pads today but no status on whether he'll play on Sunday has been given as of yet.

5. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

If they're ready for Week 1 then yeah we're not gonna catch a break. Gotta figure they'd rest anyone who needed it vs Oakland. Castonzo is the guy to watch IMO. If he can't go their OL will be slap your mama bad.

6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That would be a big break for Miami. At that point you'd really wish Cameron Wake could rush the passer well from the right side.

7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Rookie cornerbacks Will Davis (toe) and Jamar Taylor (groin) and third-string quarterback Pat Devlin (ankle) did not practice today. Rookie tight end Dion Sims (groin) was limited and rookie defensive end Dion Jordan (shoulder), linebacker Jonathan Freeny (shoulder) and safety Jimmy Wilson (hamstring) practiced in full.

For the Browns, guard Shawn Lauvao (ankle) was the only player that did not practice. Defensive lineman Desmond Bryant (back) and linebacker Barkevious Mingo (lung) were limited. Tight ends Gary Barnidge (shoulder) and Jordan Cameron (groin), wide receiver Davone Bess (knee), offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey (shoulder), defensive lineman John Hughes (knee), linebacker Eric Martin and defensive back Chris Owens (foot) all participated in a full practice.

Miami Dolphins

DID NOT PRACTICE

CB Will Davis (toe)
    QB Pat Devlin (ankle)
    CB Jamar Taylor (groin)

LIMITED

TE Dion Sims (groin)

FULL

LB Jonathan Freeny (shoulder)
    DE Dion Jordan (shoulder)
    S Jimmy Wilson (hamstring

Cleveland Browns

DID NOT PRACTICE

G Shawn Lauvao (ankle)

LIMITED

DL Desmond Bryant (back)
    LB Barkevious Mingo (lung)

FULL

TE Gary Barnidge (shoulder)
    WR Davone Bess (knee)
    TE Jordan Cameron (groin)
    OL Garrett Gilkey (shoulder)
    DL John Hughes (knee)
    LB Eric Martin (foot)
    DB Chris Owens (foot)

It's your birthday, it's your birthday, we gonna part like its your birthday..

The freestyler is practicing full pads baby, spread the news.

dolfan22, cuchulainn and SICK like this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Bump :shifty:

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Desmond Bryant plays for the Browns now? Perfect opportunity for me to post this pic:

[​IMG]

Bumrush, Bpk, TiP54 and 2 others like this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Cam wake talking about Jordan.

Can't wait to see him play, he's been making a lot of big plays out here, all over the place, (he said it with an evil smile) that's why I mention it..

Maniacal laugh..maniacal laugh..

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yo, Dion Jordan is a GO mother grabbers..

Bpk, TiP54 and maynard like this.
  12. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Interesting that the new DC for the stains was the same DC for the Cardinals last season that Tannehill lit up for 480 yards passing and a TD. Wallace should take care of Hayden and keep the safety's honest for the other guys. Can't wait...

Bpk likes this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Pissass, I have a wedding at four, that I'm in, groom wants me to hang out in the morning and take pics all day, haven't missed a game in years, on the west coast, 10 o'clock start time, how am I gonna get to that damn game.

14. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    hmmm... that sucks. But then there are bridesmaids at weddings... weddings always bring out the hor... er, best in them... /happy thoughts

Bpk likes this.
  15. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    seriously i would tell them to **** off....wedding date on the season opener....unreal

Bumrush, Bpk, maynard and 5 others like this.
  16. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    yeah, what a freaking jack wagon

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll figure out something.

Bpk likes this.
  18. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Weddings on Sundays are common or semi common your way? Very rare here.

19. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Same here, but I hear over on the West Coast it's really Saturday when it should be Sunday. :yes:

dolfan22 likes this.
  20. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I have a buddy getting Married on a Sunday because its a lot cheaper, but hes smart and not getting married until April. No important games on then

21. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Also this game is a Pickem game on the lines, has been for a while too

22. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

And that's taking into consideration the 3 point home bonus for the Brownies.

23. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah, we can wish can't we?

I think Wake will be disruptive anyway, Gosder Cherilus is pretty bad. Mike Reitz is even worse as their backup LT. Their interior linemen will have trouble with or DTs. Castonzo is the one guy on the line who figures to have an advantage over his guy. If Luck wasn't so good at evading pressure and making plays I'd be a lot more confident about the game.

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    GM, go check out Paul Solai's presser today..

This teams identity will be defense..They All have seen Jordan in practice and you can tell, they know he's a stud, they know they are better this year on that side of the ball..

We're going to run read option in this game..

SICK, Alex13, Bpk and 1 other person like this.
  25. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Good ish, dead on.

I keep sayin it but I don't think these mofos understand Deej. Our DLine (defense in general) is going to destroy game plans, especially for teams like Cleveland who use the run game to set the table. Teams that don't have a QB who can consistently evade pressure and make plays in obvious passing situations are going to be stuck in neutral. Jordan is just icing on the cake IMO but it's great to hear Soliai mention him right off the bat. It shows how much respect the vets have for his ability and how excited they are about finally being able to show what they can do.

Can't wait to see them go out and mash on fools...

SICK and cuchulainn like this.
  26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    IMO the Dolphins have big potential to have a front four that can bring pressure without blitzing in Odrick, Starks, Jordan and Wake. Then they have Vernon who can do both inside and outside. That is dangerous. Especially if Derek Shelby improves to the point of being useful in the pass rush.

SICK and Bpk like this.
  27. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Agreed. Throw in improved rushing LBs in Wheeler and Ellerbe along with R. Jones and hopefully Jamar at some point and we could be seeing some crazy pressure. We need to sweep the Bills and Jets this year in the worst way. I hope this D plays the way we're hoping.

Bpk likes this.
  28. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    IMO if Miami's offense can improve from 27th in the league to 15th, Miami has a pretty good team

SICK likes this.
  29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Jamar is an excellent blitzer off the edge...btw.

30. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Yes, agreed, that's why I mentioned him. I think a lot of our own fans will regret complaining about the pick for the past 4 months once he shows the speed and swagger on the field. I think he and DJ have some similar qualities on and off the field. Our D might finally have an identity.

31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm diggin you notice some similar things about Jamar, I talked about it a lot predraft, that boy plays with a swagger that we haven't seen in the secondary in a while..he's cool as sh&$... Nothing like that fake *** sh&8 Sean smith use to do.

SICK and Bpk like this.
  32. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Deej will be yelling "UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!" as his buddy kisses the bride (and DJ watches Wake sack Weeden on his iPhone)

djphinfan, SICK and GMJohnson like this.
  33. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Absolutely. Rafael said it best a few pages ago. The Dolphins seem intent on overhauling their coverage philosophies in an effort to generate more TO's. Last year it was a lot of press-man to force the QB to hold the ball so the pass rush could get there. This year it will be more off-man with pressure designed to force the QB to throw early, allowing the DBs to jump routes and create INTs. The multitude of rushers we have, the 6 you mentioned, plus Wheeler, Ellerbe, Jones, the slot CB, etc. Coyle can literally send pressure from just about anywhere and he has guys on the back end that can play a variety of coverages behind it. What I like most is that as you mentioned, Coyle doesn't need to blitz to generate pressure, he can pick his spots.

34. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Have any buddies with the Sunday Ticket streaming? I was able to catch a few games on my phone last year when I was away (not sure if you'd be blacked out if you live in Miami, though.)

Nomina76 here on the board planned his entire wedding around the NFL draft. Refused to get married that weekend so he could watch it haha.

djphinfan likes this.
  35. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i did watch that, why the heck is he still wearing that old gear.....

36. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Gosder Cherilus is not bad. I've been watching a lot of his tape. I don't agree with that at all.

37. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Cuz the new gear sucks? Just kidding... But no, seriously.

38. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Blitzing is a part of Miami's defensive identity. No matter how good the defensive front is they're usually not going to sit back with seven men in coverage all day just waiting for the defensive front to get after the quarterback.

They like blitzing defensive backs. They LOVE blitzing the linebackers and every time they've talked about acquiring Ellerbe and Wheeler their ability to blitz has been one of the key talking points. A big part of the reason they love Olivier Vernon is ability to drop back into a zone pass defense, and that was also a big part of the reason the coaches loved Dion Jordan so much that they moved up to #3 overall and grabbed him.

SICK likes this.
  39. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i agree, i think for him its always the health factor, when he was healthy he was a good RT in this league

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Thats where the Dolphins in the 90s-early 00's were succesful. JT, Bowens, Gardener, Armstrong/Ogunleye/wake were able to get pressure without blitzning, taking away hot routes in coverage, and thats why we had so much success against the Pats and Colts in those years. We were constantly splitting with NE and beating indy. Brady and Peyton despised playing us.