1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPR league Team, rate!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by pennphinfan, Aug 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    This was my first time in a PPR league, i was picking 4th out of 10, let me know what you think:
    Our league is QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/FLEX/TE/K/DEF

QB: Matt Ryan
    WR: Roddy White
    WR: Terrell Owens
    RB: Maurice Jones Drew
    RB: Steven Jackson
    FLEX:Reggie Bush
    TE: Chris Cooley
    DEF: San Diego
    K: Nick Folk

Bench:
    QB: Eli Manning
    WR: Santana Moss
    WR: Jericho Cotchery
    RB: Derrick Ward
    RB: Ricky Williams
    DEF: Chicago

I love that I got both mojo and jackson in a PPR league, and although bush is a risk at fle, i think having ward as a backup there is good. WR's are good, probably didn't need so much depth with only 2 starting but crotch was staring at me there in the 10th and i took him. I wanted cutler but he was taken right before me so i had to go for ryan. eli can fill in for ryan's rough weeks.

thoughts? criticisms?

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I would try and deal owens and ryan or eli for a qb. I don't like owens as much as in the past because I don't think his situation is nearly as good. Your depth with cotchery and moss is better then I think owens will be this year. I love the backs but jackson and bush are high risk high reward because of the injury past. Mjd is my #1 player this year in ppr leagues...yeah even ahead of A.P.

pennphinfan likes this.
  3. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    good team

cant believe MJD went #4 in a PPR league :eek:

Glad he went to a Bruin Fan :D

pennphinfan likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Strong team. I wouldn't trade of your starters. I would look to try and bolster your back ups a bit. I really think Caddy is going to be the man in TB this season.

5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    In a ten team you can always play the QB match-up game. Can't say I like Eli.

Agree don't like Owens at #2 but your core group is good enough to survive that.

Bush is the Flex is nice on paper but its actually about him seeing the field. Risky but very high reward potential.

I don't think Williams is worth a roster spot.

6. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I picked up Eli mostly because on Ryan's bye week the giants are playing the Chiefs.
    I agree theres some people on the team that could bust out, but I couldn't say no to Steven Jackson late in the 2nd in a ppr league.
    Other RB's available if I drop Ricky: Rashard Mendenhall, Shonn Greene, Earnest Graham, Corell Buckhalter. I basically chose between ricky and rashard, figuring ronnie has a higher chance of getting injured than willy p.
    Other QBs available: Orton, Delhomme, Favre, Pennington, Hill, Bulger, Russel, Anderson/Quinn, Collins

7. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    from a buddy who is a Browns fan, i am hearing some rumors that rookie James Davis will, at the least, be stealing a ton of carries from Jamal Lewis, and a couple whispers that Jamal Lewis's roster spot might even be in jeopardy.

Lewis is old and health risk. i'll bet Davis is available on your waiver wire. could pan out big, could be a waste.

pennphinfan likes this.
  8. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    interesting. thanks for the heads up i'll keep an eye out

9. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Don't worry about Eli yet but be ready to make the quick switch for a QB that starts out hot.

As far as Ricky I would dump him and look for someone with some upside. Watch the situation with Caddy in TB.

10. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    yea i think i'll be dumping ricky shortly

as far as the eli thing, i did a breakdown at work today and on the weeks where matty ice goes up against a 'tough' defense, eli is like 5/7 going up against an easy defense.. so i may do some switching back and fro if ryan isn't working out. i looked at the other FA qb's and at this point eli is the best backup i can have situationally for matt ryan.

11. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I just don't get the Matt Ryan love I'm seeing all over the place. Did I miss something or did the guy only throw 16 TD passes last year? He's an excellent real life QB, but that does NOT necessarily translate into fantasy success. (Exhibit A: Troy Aikman) Ryan still plays on a run-first team, and he's still a young QB with one good wide receiver and one good, but aging, tight end. And yet, he's going as a starter in every damn league I've seen. I don't get it.

BTW, I second the James Davis suggestion. I am buying that kid's stock like crazy.

For the most part, it's a solid team, thanks to the RBs and White. I'd move TO, though, I think you're going to be disappointed. Calling that Buffalo offense out of sync is a gross understatement. Firing the OC a week before the season starts probably wasn't a good sign. I think TO is going to have a few big weeks and a whole bunch of unimpressive ones.

I'm not loving Derrick Ward, either, though there's no harm in having him on your bench.