1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice tonight

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Butters, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Henne has played 32 games in the NFL, in which he's thrown 33 INTs and 27 TDs. All we are seeing thus far is exactly what we've seen since he was drafted.

Being the 4th practice of the year isn't an excuse to underthrow or overthrow balls. The defense isn't doing anything other than the most basic things out there. This should be the time where he plays well.

Phins28 and ckparrothead like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I say let the morons boo, I wanna see how the man reacts like you said, He battled thru a lot of sh%$ last year, more the the ignorant fans even understand, so boo your *** off , if hes the right guy, it will elevate his play and bring the best out of him, if he folds up shop and goes into the fetal position, either way were really gonna know what we got..

People who are projecting this teams failures before they play a game, you better be right...I'am a talent evaluator, not a team nostradamus, and when you have such negative conviction about the teams future without seeing them play, once again, you better be right..There is a difference, especially when you don't know wtf is going on inside, nor how players are going to come together once they wear the uniform under the lights..

Boo your *** off, support the boo'ers, its all good baby, if we got grown men on our team, they will make you eat your words, and your conviction.

Alex13 and JMHPhin like this.
  3. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    well to each their own. Be pessimnistic and unhappy. The expectations for practice is irrational.

Leyts hope we suck, The Dolphins will stink but we will be proven right correct? That is what this all feels like.

I will wait to see how he plays in a game before I judge the play. Practice is where you make the msitakes and learn

ToddsPhins and slickj101 like this.
  4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So, Burnett wasnt an upgrade? JT isnt an upgrade over Moses???

ToddsPhins and padre31 like this.
  5. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    it just feels liek everyone is panicking already and frankly, it just makes deprressed for the season. It is what it is, booing wont making Ireland consumate the trade. Period

ToddsPhins likes this.
  6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    of course this is important, apparently he played the whole offseason with his offense only, defenders rarely showed up, so now all of a sudden he faces the 6th best defense from last year, with both T missing, a rookie center in his 2nd practice ever as a pro, the new additions not even allowed to practice yet and struggles after 4 practices in the books...come on give me a break

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I should show up to their bedrooms when they're having sex and point and boo. For the guys I'd chant She wants Orton, and for the girls....I'd chant He wants Orton.

ToddsPhins and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I disagree. Every training camp has the offense years behind the defense in the beginning. You cannot cite the defense doing "the most basic things out there", and 4 practices into a new offense is sort of a big deal.

ToddsPhins and slickj101 like this.
  9. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I guess both are upgrades, but not major ones. Burnett really has had only one good year, which was last year and SD didn't make re-signing him a priority so I question how good he really is.

I just don't have a good feeling about this team or this season. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if not I'm mentally prepared for it.

10. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Unless those fans that were booing are pron stars, the analogy doesn't fit.

Chad Henne performs in public for his job. It's his profession. Part of the job is taking some boos that go along with cheers and praise.

11. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Have you been at practice?

This is part of the problem. You speak as if you know for a fact that he's not going to get it done. Your attitude is "well, the regime didn't give me what I want so there is no way in hell that we can possibly succeed this season." I just think that is a poor attitude to have. But hell, if that's the way you want to be, fine. But I think it's ridiculous to take that attitude to the first couple practices of the season. It accomplishes nothing. It's a distraction to the team while they are trying to get ready. I'd have a lot more respect for this attitude if people held their tongues and just waiting for the moment they can legitimately say "I told you so." That is hardly the case at the third or fourth practice of the season after an extended offseason. But people are so pissed off that they didn't get exactly what they wanted that they've decided to act like children. And I'm not talking about people on here. This is an appropriate venue for airing those grievances, whether they're premature or not. But it is childish to do it at a practice when guys are trying to prepare for a season.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  12. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    He can't be Kyle Orton either, Chad Henne is Chad Henne. He has one last shot to prove himself, it's sink or swim time.

13. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I haven't. I'm reading the same reports you are.

14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Great solid move right there.........they will just boo louder Week 1 when Tom Brady and the Traveling Blowtorches comes steamrolling into Miami....

15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't agree with booing this early either, but if this helps motivate Henne further then let it be.

16. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    You just shut your mouth Guru alright!!! You sit there and pay top dollar for tickets, parking, food, beer/soda.water, maybe a kids tee for the little one, toss another 400+ dollars on DIRECTV for the games you cant see live or on regular cable (like up here).....and do nothing.....just sit there Guru fingers crossed like a good boy, and voice no displeasure because your opinions mean nothing...I am really? You folks down here should come up here to where the Celtics, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets play if you think that because they are chanting a little displeasure the fans are somehow the worse fanbase in America....just midblogging........good for them, show your displeasure you expect more, I expect more, we as fans deserve more than 7-9 8-8 idling, otherwise take the team and move the f$ck out of Miami....

Year 4 guys of this experiment....year 4, if something isn't done positively, the roof is coming off....The Jets did it, hell the LIONS are doing it....it isn't that difficult with the parody in the NFL these days...make it happen...

ckparrothead likes this.
  17. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    My apologies I expect the QB to be accurate in practice.

I'm also not sure how you reached the conclusion I want the team to stink? If I wanted them to stink, I would be content with the current QB situation.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  18. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    And that's fine. I still think it would be a bit premature, but at least it wouldn't be a distraction during our preparation. That's the point.

19. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Is it appropriate to cheer at a practice?

I'm seriously asking. It's the same distraction to the players dilligently preparing for the season right?

20. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    And nobody is complaining about the offense not producing.

21. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    BOOOOOOOOO to this thread

22. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well if positive energy is a bad thing than just try to have 16 road games then, seems we are better on the road anyways

23. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Yeah lets go chant "We want Orton" again today that way ireland will hear you and come directly to you and call you a guru and make the trade, yeah thats it thats the ticket! Cause this regime loves what the "experts" on this site say cause they listen to them all the time!

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And isn't Bush an upgrade over Ronnie? Hilliard over Cobbs?

Garner over the menagerie we had at RG?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  25. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I'm not sure about either of these. And Garner hasn't even stepped on the field yet and we have no idea whether or not he's healthy.

You're stretching bro when you've latched onto Hilliard as an upgrade

26. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    No, it's not the same at all.

27. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    What is the Lord's name are you talking about, you missed the point.....

28. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Should a politician ever be confronted by dissapointed/angry citizens at events? Or should they all pack their town halls with only people who they know are supporters and have their questions screened in advance?

Point being, when you are in the public eye, you need to be prepared to take some barbs with the praise. Is it nice to boo Chad Henne after a practice? Probably not and it's probably not something I would do, but Chad Henne needs to get over it and so do the fans who are criticizing the fans who are booing

ckparrothead likes this.
  29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You are correct sir imo, really nothing else to say, except check yourselves, your only creating more distance between our team and its fanbase.

I will say this, even though they bood, and thats pretty stupid imo, at least they were at the practice...

ToddsPhins likes this.
  30. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    And Pouncey over Berger? Odrick over Merling? DThomas over Ricky?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  31. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I am as unexcited as anyone about going into the season with Henne/Moore as our starting Qb's, but booing Henne and cheering for Orton during the 4th pratice is just not called for. People need to remember this is their 4th practice all year. Give him a little slack people cause like it or not, he's more than likely going to be the guy this year.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  32. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Because you and others made up your mind before last night and went in looking for validation of what you believe.

I am not saying I think you or anyone truly want this team to stink, I just think the desparation is getting thick. I think Orton means nothing, I think there was noone in this offseason that improves us. If henne doesnt turn it around, then we go into the draft and get that guy, a Luck, Barkely or Jones to name a couple that have the franchise calibur tag. I dont think orton or anybody else was going to take us any further than Chad will.

But either way yes I would love to see chad be accurate in practice, and yes it makes me weary. But until I see it in a game, I dont know if they were working something special were the receivers off on routes. was it a checkdown drill? I just dont know. I also expect that improvement is made as camp gets further along, if it doesnt then we have worry. but chanting last night was just wrong, not the booing, the chant of Orton

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  33. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    When you have a fan base that boos a young QB at practice but welcomes back Jason Taylor then you have to know they are just classless as they come.
    I already knew Dolphin fans sucked but to make asses out of themselves like this just proves it.
    What a pathetic, clueless show of support.
    To anyone here who was part of it. :plzdie:

34. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    No I got the point. My point is this, boo all you want, criticize all you want. Chanting we want orton makes you look childish and angry that they didnt pick whio you chose. IMO it is ridiculous to chant that yes you have every right to chant if you choose, but it then makes it look like your not mad at teh bad play, you are mad you didnt get your guy

Donohue likes this.
  35. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    MCD over whatever chump would of been there if he wasn't resigned..Huge upgrade keeping that beast, noone cares about that though..

Reggie, an explosive playmaker that can line up anywhere on the field, upgrade?, why most def ComPadre..

Kevin Burnett, upgrade, but of course fine sir, anyone care to debate that one, I'am ready..

How bout the addition of 2 first round picks added to a roster that went 8 and 8 last year..Hong kong phuey I hear is looking like the dude in Raf's avatar.

JT AND the Kracken comin off the edges...

I heard a report from a dude that I trust that says, Gates is the real deal son, he can adjust to the ball, and has blazing real speed..we had the slowest offense in the NFL i believe last year, Whatta you have to say about that Podster?

Clay has that football intelligence I think, that ability to find the zones, create that separation, and catch the football, {just think beyonce right now shakin her ***}, sing it Pod!!!! can I get an upgrade!!!.

Pouncey over Royal with cheese...yessur supersize me, I believe that will be one of those upgrades.

JMHPhin likes this.
  36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...now thats the kind of killer I love...lol

finyank13 and Killerphins like this.
  37. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What I think, Sir Deej, is we play in the toughest division in the NFL.

Sparano was talking up a guy I knew they liked on Armando and the Amigo this morning:

Nolan Carroll

We are deep in the defensive backfield, but I really want this Oline situation settled ASAP, and I want to see crazed Dolphins downfield on kick coverages, ST is my other area that needs to improve.

My vision for the team is Aggressive Athletic Players Making Plays Win BallGames.

JMHPhin likes this.
  38. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    The only thing I made up my mind about was that Chad Henne hasn't been a good QB in his first 3 NFL seasons. I don't need anything to validate or prove me wrong, because his previous performance isn't going to change. Whether he turns it around or not, I can't predict. But to rest the team's season on Chad Henne turning around isn't encouraging.

And I'm saying thats not acceptable. You don't say "this guy very likely could fail, but lets just try it out anyway". Sending that message to the team is disastrous, and sending that message to the fans is disastrous. You don't do that and expect to keep a young team motivated. Everyone has been happy with the way a lot of young guys have developed. But if you tell them their hard work isn't going toward anything this year, why would you expect them to continue working hard?

Not to mention the odds of Barkley or Jones become franchise QBs is very slim. Luck has a much better chance, but the chances of us getting the #1 pick are just as slim. So potentially, you end up with a top-10 pick, in the process.

I wasn't at the practice, so I don't know. But the people that were there didn't seem to care for what transpired.

39. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    ****. And. Yes. Post deserves a two-handed Tony Sparano mega sledge fist pump.

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    SirPodalot..I agree, if we can get 9 wins in this tough *** division, I like our position for next year,...whoops, did I just say that...you damn strait I did, I believe in long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain a championship..Especially when you are one of the youngest football teams in the league.