1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pray, I'm about to take Boards

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Lab3003, Jan 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    It's 7:20am in downtown Miami. And I'm about to take my medical boards. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but if you could I need some divine help today. Pray for me because I'm about to take the hardest test of my life. I've worked singularly toward this goal for my whole life and I'm just about as anxious as anyone can be. HELP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphindebby and The Rev like this.
  2. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

From my teaching days at Pre-K

"Stop, take a deep breath, and relax"

I pray the Lord allow you to do to the best to your ability. May He clear your mind of all distractions and help you focus on the task at hand. Amen.

Whatever happens Doc, we are all proud of you!!

You know this stuff. Go show 'em. :wink2:

dolphindebby likes this.
  3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

You have my prayers and best wishes. You sound ready, go do it!!!!

The Rev likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Wow, incredible.
    The ratio of people that actually get to where you are is very very small.
    -
    I of course have said a silent prayer for you, and trust everything will go as is planned (Not planned by ud of course)
    You have spent your entire life following this dream, regardless of the outcome, find solice in the fact you were brave enough to chase your dreams.....something very few of us actually do. -
    PS: We of course expect an update when applicable.

dolphindebby and The Rev like this.
  5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I have faith you will do good.

Good luck.

The Rev likes this.
  6. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    1st let me start by saying thank you so very much to everyone who thought of me today. I'll always be grateful to this site and its community. It's definitely helped get me through the hard days in Med School.

So, today I took my NBME Comprehensive Basic Sciences Assessment Exam. Its the qualifier for Ross Med School students so we can sit for our USMLE STEP 1 exam. If I passed today, then my Medical School will sign my paperwork so I can get take the second test. When someone talks about medical boards, they're talking about these exams which are administered by the National BOARD of Medical Examiners, that's why they're called "boards." I've been working for the last three months singularly to pass this exam. I sit for the test, and it was a MONSTER! They alter types of concepts tested every time the test is offered. Some tests will be more renal system intensive, others more biochemistry, and others more pharmacology. This exam's "theme" was charts/graphs/lab result analysis. They gave us a few flow cytometry charts to read, which I've never seen before. They're used to differentiate the types of immune system cells present in a sample, that way you get a clue as to what a patient might have. E.g. Lots of B cells could mean Follicular Lymphoma, type of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. So for a few I had to W.A.G. it but I felt that God was there on my right hand today.

I'll know hopefully in ten days what happens, and I promise to post what happens here. :up:

And again, from the bottom of my heart, thanks to all of you!

7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    The very best of luck to you.
    My prayers continue for you.

8. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    10:31am here in Miami Beach. I just found out I failed my exam. I have no idea what exactly I'm supposed to do now. I need those prayers now more than ever.

9. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

sorry to hear you didn't pass.

a lesson perhaps as hard as that may seem.

when can you take the test again? study more and don't give up.

to remember things easier associate the memory with a picture in your head and vice versa. make it a story and view the image. i swear it works. you'll never have to remember it again, but you HAVE to have it both ways.

example

buttress - any external prop or support built to steady a structure by opposing its outward thrusts, esp. a projecting support built into or against the outside of a masonry wall.

it has the word "butt" in it, so I think of it like if you didn't have your butt you'd slide off a chair.

the more novel or disgusting for your brain the better. this can work with anything. if i can explain more let me know.

10. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Don't give up.
    You'll get there.
    And you know my prayers and thoughts are there with you.

11. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

My prayers likewise continue.

I am guessing that there are second chances and perhaps even study aids for those chances. Find a group and keep working at it!

dolphindebby likes this.
  12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    try again bro. you can do it........... and don't feel bad. everyone fails and anyone that hasn't isn't trying hard enough. YOU CAN DO IT!

dolphindebby likes this.
  13. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    You've come to far to stop now, just stay with it. You wouldn't have got this far without the drive to get this done. It'll happen...

14. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    So I've spoken with some counselors for advice about what to do now. Check this out, I NEED GLASSES! Never even considered that. I went for an eye exam after explaining the trouble I was having studying. I kept getting tired and fatigued after long study sessions, an it was because I have astigmatism (thanks Dad).

I'll let you guys know what happens next. Thanks to all for all the support, it's been a big help.

15. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    This passage has helped me:

Psa 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.

Ohiophinphan and dolphindebby like this.
  16. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Sorry I missed this until now and even more that you didn't pass. As for prayer, in the past, I've been advised that Psalm 24 is read for career advancement.

17. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Psa 24:3-6 "Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, who seek your face."

Psa 24:7-10 "Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up your everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts. He is the King of glory."

Ohiophinphan and dolphindebby like this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I also have slight astigmatism, in fact both my parents do, dont you just love genetics?

Good luck bro I wish you the best.