Prayers Needed Please

414 replies

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 09:27 AM

"njfinfan wrote:

The only reason I saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua was because of Bean. She keeps me company every day, sitting next to me in the chair. I think she thinks she's people instead of a dog - she's a sweetheart. She's pretty upset though that she hasn't been able to have her weekly bath and perfume treatment. She gets her nails clipped, her ears cleaned, bath, perfume and a bow or bandana for $20. The groomer always tells me one day she's going to keep Bean. When I drop her off, everyone shouts out "Bean's here" they love her so much.

Nice! At our vets office Chorizo is a bit of a star, he stayed there 10 days when we went to Canada and became fast friends with the staff, they loved him, even let him hang out in my vets office when she was working in there.

Now Rusty is a little SOB at the vets. Last time they had muzzle him, due to him attempting to nip everyone, and he sprayed that skunky anal gland spray all over the tech when she tried to weigh him. :pointlol: What a stench.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 09:45 AM

Jimmy - what kind of dog is Rusty?

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 10:00 AM

"njfinfan wrote:

Jimmy - what kind of dog is Rusty?


He's the Black and Tan, a miniature dachshund, weighs in at 15 lbs, Chorizo is a standard weighing in at 18 lbs.

And for the record, there is something that smells delicious on the table, that's why they're so attentive.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 10:11 AM

Oh - they're adorable.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 10:18 AM

"njfinfan wrote:

Oh - they're adorable.

:chuckle:

That's what everyone says.....until they end up running from them, screaming.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 10:41 AM

"opfinistic wrote:

until they end up running from them, screaming.

:sidelol: Yeah, Bean thinks she's about 100 pounds and barks like crazy when someone rings the doorbell. I always tell them (especially the meter reader) to watch out for my vicious police dog and they crack up when they see her.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 20, 2009, 10:48 AM

"njfinfan wrote:

:sidelol: Yeah, Bean thinks she's about 100 pounds and barks like crazy when someone rings the doorbell. I always tell them (especially the meter reader) to watch out for my vicious police dog and they crack up when they see her.

When I'm walking them after work, we usually end up terrorizing at least 6 ducks (although there is one big old bird that doesn't back down from them) a squirrel or two, a couple cuban lizards, several hundred anoles, and the occasional Iguana, weather permitting. Then there's the neighborhood children, dogs, and adults that are also treated rather harshly by the 'twin terrors' as they've been anointed.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 12:03 PM

Bean got her cast off this morning. Here's a pic we took of her in her favorite outfit afterwards. Isn't she a doll?

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 12:49 PM

This needs a caption too!

"njfinfan wrote:

Bean got her cast off this morning. Here's a pic we took of her in her favorite outfit afterwards. Isn't she a doll?

Alright Ma! Enough with the Paris Hilton BS!

Hubby doens't want her pic up - says he doesn't want her getting too famous. Now I have to remember where all the other ones of her are.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 01:03 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

Alright Ma! Enough with the Paris Hilton BS!

Funny you should say that. I have to disappear the outfit before hubby comes home from work. He would literally kill me if he saw her in it - he wants her to be a boy so much because the girls and I love to dress her up and I swear when she wears her hoodie, which is her most favorite outfit, when we go to put it on her, she's jumping for joy. I promise - I had baby dolls when I was little :lol:. I'll show it to him anyway and he'll say his usual "oh brother." The girls and I just go to the dog section in Walmart and there's all this ooing and awing. :up:

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 01:31 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Funny you should say that. I have to disappear the outfit before hubby comes home from work. He would literally kill me if he saw her in it - he wants her to be a boy so much because the girls and I love to dress her up and I swear when she wears her hoodie, which is her most favorite outfit, when we go to put it on her, she's jumping for joy. I promise - I had baby dolls when I was little :lol:. I'll show it to him anyway and he'll say his usual "oh brother." The girls and I just go to the dog section in Walmart and there's all this ooing and awing. :up:

My wife likes to put Christmas gear on them and Halloween gear during the Holidays. :pity: I apologize to them.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 03:50 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

My wife likes to put Christmas gear on them and Halloween gear during the Holidays. :pity: I apologize to them.

:lol: Sounds like us! Girls. What can you do?

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Feb 26, 2009, 07:23 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

:lol: Sounds like us! Girls. What can you do?

:dunno: Indulge?

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Mar 27, 2009, 06:07 PM

Okay everyone - I have a not so great update for you. I was too ashamed before now to post it here, but Pastor Keith gave me the strength to do so. We lost our home. Before the historical society could buy it, it was sold at auction back to the bank. Despite all the work I did, including the wonderful Assemblywoman who got us as many adjournments as she could, the house was sold on February 18th. I lost touch with the businessman who said he would buy it so, that's it. It's now on the market. The woman who is handling the sale for the bank has given us a little bit of time to find somewhere else to live. We were supposed to be out of the house on March 16th. Suffice to say when someone rings the doorbell, I cower behind the door and turn off all the lights because I'm terrified it's going to be a sheriff telling me to get out. Please pray that we find somewhere pretty quickly. Thanks everyone.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

HolliFinFanHolliFinFanLuxury Box
Mar 27, 2009, 06:27 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Okay everyone - I have a not so great update for you. I was too ashamed before now to post it here, but Pastor Keith gave me the strength to do so. We lost our home. Before the historical society could buy it, it was sold at auction back to the bank. Despite all the work I did, including the wonderful Assemblywoman who got us as many adjournments as she could, the house was sold on February 18th. I lost touch with the businessman who said he would buy it so, that's it. It's now on the market. The woman who is handling the sale for the bank has given us a little bit of time to find somewhere else to live. We were supposed to be out of the house on March 16th. Suffice to say when someone rings the doorbell, I cower behind the door and turn off all the lights because I'm terrified it's going to be a sheriff telling me to get out. Please pray that we find somewhere pretty quickly. Thanks everyone.

You got it, Mary. All my best.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Mar 27, 2009, 06:37 PM

Thanks so much Lisa. We appreciate it! :up:

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Mar 27, 2009, 06:53 PM

Dangit Miss Mary.

The thought of you being distraut each time the doorbell rings kills me. :pity:

I will continue my prayers for you and yours.... I think some good news is due to come your way.....

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Mar 27, 2009, 06:59 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Okay everyone - I have a not so great update for you. I was too ashamed before now to post it here, but Pastor Keith gave me the strength to do so. We lost our home. Before the historical society could buy it, it was sold at auction back to the bank. Despite all the work I did, including the wonderful Assemblywoman who got us as many adjournments as she could, the house was sold on February 18th. I lost touch with the businessman who said he would buy it so, that's it. It's now on the market. The woman who is handling the sale for the bank has given us a little bit of time to find somewhere else to live. We were supposed to be out of the house on March 16th. Suffice to say when someone rings the doorbell, I cower behind the door and turn off all the lights because I'm terrified it's going to be a sheriff telling me to get out. Please pray that we find somewhere pretty quickly. Thanks everyone.

Will do. I hope you can get a good place quickly.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Mar 27, 2009, 07:13 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Dangit Miss Mary.

The thought of you being distraut each time the doorbell rings kills me. :pity:

I will continue my prayers for you and yours.... I think some good news is due to come your way.....

Thanks Kenny. We love you. I hope something comes our way.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Mar 27, 2009, 11:10 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Okay everyone - I have a not so great update for you. I was too ashamed before now to post it here, but Pastor Keith gave me the strength to do so. We lost our home. Before the historical society could buy it, it was sold at auction back to the bank. Despite all the work I did, including the wonderful Assemblywoman who got us as many adjournments as she could, the house was sold on February 18th. I lost touch with the businessman who said he would buy it so, that's it. It's now on the market. The woman who is handling the sale for the bank has given us a little bit of time to find somewhere else to live. We were supposed to be out of the house on March 16th. Suffice to say when someone rings the doorbell, I cower behind the door and turn off all the lights because I'm terrified it's going to be a sheriff telling me to get out. Please pray that we find somewhere pretty quickly. Thanks everyone.

Mary we love you and we know something good will come from this. Trust that its for the best. You will land on your feet. :up:

ALalen1New Member
Mar 27, 2009, 11:32 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Okay everyone - I have a not so great update for you. I was too ashamed before now to post it here, but Pastor Keith gave me the strength to do so. We lost our home. Before the historical society could buy it, it was sold at auction back to the bank. Despite all the work I did, including the wonderful Assemblywoman who got us as many adjournments as she could, the house was sold on February 18th. I lost touch with the businessman who said he would buy it so, that's it. It's now on the market. The woman who is handling the sale for the bank has given us a little bit of time to find somewhere else to live. We were supposed to be out of the house on March 16th. Suffice to say when someone rings the doorbell, I cower behind the door and turn off all the lights because I'm terrified it's going to be a sheriff telling me to get out. Please pray that we find somewhere pretty quickly. Thanks everyone.

:sad:

I was thinking of your situation a couple days ago but then forgot to ask about it. Sorry mrs. Mary. I'm very sad to hear this, I wish you guys the best of luck and safety.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Mar 28, 2009, 01:44 PM

You hang in there, my friend.
You, Chris and the girls know you're in my prayers constantly.
I'm here, anytime you need me.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Mar 28, 2009, 02:04 PM

Ah dammit. I was really pulling for you guys to get through this mess and come through smelling like a rose. Don't ever forget that when one door closes, another opens. Find that door Mary, I know you will.

Mar 28, 2009, 02:12 PM

You remain in my prayers

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Mar 29, 2009, 05:57 PM

We love you guys. Thanks for all your prayers. Not really an update but I talked to the Realtor handling the sale for the bank yesterday. Number one - she said that no-one will be showing up on our doorstep to say get out - thank goodness. That's the first thing I was terrified of. Number two - she said for her even to be able to show the home, which has not even been scheduled yet, because she's so backlogged with foreclosures, the house needs to be in "broom sweep" condition. Not that it's a good thing but when we had our tenants on the second floor they left it in far from that condition and I can't climb up and down the steps to clean it and carry out the garbage. We've been doing it little by little as we can but it may take awhile. Our floor - the first - is in great condition, but not the second and third. This may be our saving grace until we can find somewhere else.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.