Prayers Needed Please
414 replies
"njfinfan wrote:
We love you guys. Thanks for all your prayers. Not really an update but I talked to the Realtor handling the sale for the bank yesterday. Number one - she said that no-one will be showing up on our doorstep to say get out - thank goodness. That's the first thing I was terrified of. Number two - she said for her even to be able to show the home, which has not even been scheduled yet, because she's so backlogged with foreclosures, the house needs to be in "broom sweep" condition. Not that it's a good thing but when we had our tenants on the second floor they left it in far from that condition and I can't climb up and down the steps to clean it and carry out the garbage. We've been doing it little by little as we can but it may take awhile. Our floor - the first - is in great condition, but not the second and third. This may be our saving grace until we can find somewhere else.
See Mary, its not as bad as you thought. The Lord is working for you, and giving you some time. You'll have something soon :up:
Thanks Kev - hoping so. :up:

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
"njfinfan wrote:
We love you guys. Thanks for all your prayers. Not really an update but I talked to the Realtor handling the sale for the bank yesterday. Number one - she said that no-one will be showing up on our doorstep to say get out - thank goodness. That's the first thing I was terrified of. Number two - she said for her even to be able to show the home, which has not even been scheduled yet, because she's so backlogged with foreclosures, the house needs to be in "broom sweep" condition. Not that it's a good thing but when we had our tenants on the second floor they left it in far from that condition and I can't climb up and down the steps to clean it and carry out the garbage. We've been doing it little by little as we can but it may take awhile. Our floor - the first - is in great condition, but not the second and third. This may be our saving grace until we can find somewhere else.
Keep on Holding Fast.
My church is praying for you and you know I am.
I'm like Kev, The Lord has given you some more time. Who knows what He may do next!!

hope everything works out for you and your family Mary :)


Hang in there my friend. God isn't done with you yet. :wink2:
Someone please tell me why my mother always told me "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." I was served eviction papers today from a very haughty sheriff. He said we have 6 weeks to leave, despite what the real estate agent said. Thanks everyone for all your prayers. Just talked to Chris on the phone and he said the real estate agent can clean the upstairs herself. I'm trying to be strong, but it's so hard.

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
"njfinfan wrote:
Someone please tell me why my mother always told me "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." I was served eviction papers today from a very haughty sheriff. He said we have 6 weeks to leave, despite what the real estate agent said. Thanks everyone for all your prayers. Just talked to Chris on the phone and he said the real estate agent can clean the upstairs herself. I'm trying to be strong, but it's so hard.
I suppose God likes to give us a challenge once in a while to keep us honest. I know you will get through this and we're always here. Chin up!
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"njfinfan wrote:
Someone please tell me why my mother always told me "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." I was served eviction papers today from a very haughty sheriff. He said we have 6 weeks to leave, despite what the real estate agent said. Thanks everyone for all your prayers. Just talked to Chris on the phone and he said the real estate agent can clean the upstairs herself. I'm trying to be strong, but it's so hard.
pm sent.
HOLD FAST my Friend.....

"njfinfan wrote:
Someone please tell me why my mother always told me "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." I was served eviction papers today from a very haughty sheriff. He said we have 6 weeks to leave, despite what the real estate agent said. Thanks everyone for all your prayers. Just talked to Chris on the phone and he said the real estate agent can clean the upstairs herself. I'm trying to be strong, but it's so hard.
I'm sorry Mary, that sucks. I am always here if you need a shoulder.


I hope everything works out for you and your family. One day you'll be telling your grandchildren about the hard times and tell them you're thankful you went through them. I hope they end soon.
Okay just got off the phone with Mary.....its time for action folks. What can we do ????
I just got off a very emotional (on my part) phone call with Kev. He advised me to see my parish priest. That's one avenue I had not explored since I got a very nasty phone call and letter from a girl Catholic Charities. I will try to hold fast, but I worry for the girls.

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
Dangit Mary,
I agree that a parish would be the first avenue to venture down
Don't give up hope and scour the internet for options
I promise to keep praying on this end
"njfinfan wrote:
I just got off a very emotional (on my part) phone call with Kev. He advised me to see my parish priest. That's one avenue I had not explored since I got a very nasty phone call and letter from a girl Catholic Charities. I will try to hold fast, but I worry for the girls.
I'm there with you in spirit Mary.
I'm sending you a big hug and prayer.
Need to talk or vent, remember I'm here.
Love you, girl.

"azfinfanmang wrote:
Dangit Mary,
I agree that a parish would be the first avenue to venture down
Don't give up hope and scour the internet for options
I promise to keep praying on this end
Trying Kenny. Thank you so much for the prayers.

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
:(
Thoughts and prayers for you and the family still. I wish I had the means to help you out, I truly do. I hate the fact that you and so many other good people are suffering during these trying times.
Thanks Jimmy. I'm devastated, but trying to deal with it without upsetting Chris and the girls.

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
"njfinfan wrote:
Thanks Jimmy. I'm devastated, but trying to deal with it without upsetting Chris and the girls.
You seem to be made of steel. With all of us pulling for you something's got to give.
I'm sorry to hear about this. Everything is ultimately for the best. You will emerge from this crisis stronger.
ירושלים, בירת עמי
Hang in there my friend. You have a lot of people praying for you and a miracle.
"The Rev wrote:
Hang in there my friend. You have a lot of people praying for you and a miracle.
Thanks so much Raul and all my dear, dear friends here and there are many. It's almost 2 weeks since we were served with the eviction papers and I feel like I can let my guard down since Chris is at work and the girls are at school. Realizing that we are so close to being in a shelter hit me hard just now. I can't stop crying. I know God has a plan for us. I don't know what it is yet. With him, we made it through both my health crises. We have to get through this. I'm terrified. I've heard really bad things about public shelters. But I'm determined to persevere. I have the real estate agent handling the sale of the house for the bank looking for an apartment for us. I'm tired. Sometimes I feel like I just want to lay down and not deal with it anymore. I will be seeing you guys for at least the foreseeable future, and will keep you updated, but just really wanted to thank you all for your support and your prayers and your continued prayers are appreciated by us all.
Mary, Chris, Megs and Michelle

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
I'm afraid the long, sad, drawn out journey has come to an end. A sheriff came to my door this morning with papers and instructions to secure the property and put us out. He gave us one week to be out with all our belongings or they will be locking the doors and we'll be out on the street. What's more terrifying is that I contacted our State Welfare Worker and he said before we can be eligible for state-sponsored TRA we must go to a shelter and said that, unfortunately, we can't choose where that will be. It could be down in South Jersey or way up at the top. This means, barring any miracle that transpires in a week, Chris will lose his long sought after job. Also, won't allow the girls to finish school and Megs to lose her promising educational scholarship. I can't allow my children to be exposed to that type of environment so I'm making the extremely painful decision to have Megs stay with my mother in law until such time as we get back on our feet. Michelle is already in Florida and will stay there. I want to thank you all very much for your prayers, love and support. I think it's unfair and unconscionable to allow a loving, responsible and happy family to be torn apart like this. Please pray for me and Chris. I don't know what will become of us if we have to go to a shelter. I've heard some pretty bad horror stories. We love you all for your support. I'll be online for the next couple days pretty much 24/7 but then will have to pack up my computer. I love you and will miss you all here and hope, if you don't see me online again, I will at least receive your prayers, blessings and love. This site has been so important to me and I will miss it greatly. Thanks also to all the staff and members who have reached out to me personally. I love you.
Mary

Maxine's back! :up:



THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.
:( Dammit Mary, I am still praying for a miracle for you and your family. You made a tough decision on the kids, but the right one, IMO. Good luck with everything, we are all pulling for you here.
Wow....I'm speechless......I wish I could help Mary. You and your family are in my prayers.


"njfinfan wrote:
I'm afraid the long, sad, drawn out journey has come to an end. A sheriff came to my door this morning with papers and instructions to secure the property and put us out. He gave us one week to be out with all our belongings or they will be locking the doors and we'll be out on the street. What's more terrifying is that I contacted our State Welfare Worker and he said before we can be eligible for state-sponsored TRA we must go to a shelter and said that, unfortunately, we can't choose where that will be. It could be down in South Jersey or way up at the top. This means, barring any miracle that transpires in a week, Chris will lose his long sought after job. Also, won't allow the girls to finish school and Megs to lose her promising educational scholarship. I can't allow my children to be exposed to that type of environment so I'm making the extremely painful decision to have Megs stay with my mother in law until such time as we get back on our feet. Michelle is already in Florida and will stay there. I want to thank you all very much for your prayers, love and support. I think it's unfair and unconscionable to allow a loving, responsible and happy family to be torn apart like this. Please pray for me and Chris. I don't know what will become of us if we have to go to a shelter. I've heard some pretty bad horror stories. We love you all for your support. I'll be online for the next couple days pretty much 24/7 but then will have to pack up my computer. I love you and will miss you all here and hope, if you don't see me online again, I will at least receive your prayers, blessings and love. This site has been so important to me and I will miss it greatly. Thanks also to all the staff and members who have reached out to me personally. I love you.
Mary
wow....i just saw this thread for the first time, and just read this post...im so sorry mary, i dont really know what else to say. youre to good of a person for this to happen to you and your family,,
:sad:


