1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Training Camp Bubble Players

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, May 13, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-players-0516-20100514,0,4064157.story?page=2

Omar Kelly's take on who may find their names written on the pieces of paper on "Dolphins Survivor Island".

Agree with most of them, and love that K Sheets and Tristan Davis have a shot at unseating Pat Cobbs as a Rb/ST player, I like Cobbs, but he cannot return kick offs.

Pat Turner as well, to me the dude looked like a typical USC Offensive Draftee, waaay under developed physically, he is 6'5 220 and s-o-f-t in his build..it would be nice if some Beast Time shows him what he has to do to stay on Dolphins Island.

HULKFish and the 23rd like this.
  2. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Murtha has been a bubble player his entier college and proffessional career. Teams have taken a chance on him for one thing, his size and his output at the combine. Lydon Murths's useful purpose when it comes to the term football is, Blocking Dummy, thats about it. He MAY make another hard up team for Olinemans, Practice squad. His performance while at Nebraska was less , far less, then stellar.

padre31 likes this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sort of, Murtha does have those measurables, who knows whether or not he can turn into a Tackle whose athleticism is unmatched?

I'm a Andrew Gardner Fan though, to me his college production along with the coaching and weight training makes him our Doug Free at least.

4 yr starter, All ACC in two totally different offensive systems, and with a injured shoulder as a senior, dude has the raw materials there is no question about that imho.

Puka-head likes this.
  4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I liked what I saw out of Moses last year in preseason. Hope he can surprise people this year, we sure have invested enough time with him...

padre31 likes this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    One seems like a informed chap, meaning examines evidence one way or another about a player, so for one's digestion:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um8wPIfmWBc"]YouTube- Universal Draft Presents Miami Dolphins OLB Quentin Moses[/ame]

Omark has a man crush on Charlie Anderson, for myself he is sort of the invisible man:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDV6y4E7Z9g"]YouTube- Universal Draft Presents Miami Dolphins OLB Charlie Anderson '09[/ame]

Do try not to fall asleep watching the awesomeness that is Charlie Anderson's game...:wink2:

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. Marshall_15

Marshall_15 New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Dolphins players on the bubble and other tid bits

Sun Sentinel's Omar Kelly opines the following Miami Dolphins are on the bubble: CB Jason Allen, WR Patrick Turner, ILB Reggie Torbor, QB Pat White, OT Andrew Gardner, OT Lydon Murtha, OLB Erik Walden, OLB Quentin Moses, DE Lionel Dotson, DE Ryan Baker, RB Kory Sheets, TE John Nalbone, DE Ikaika Alama-Francis, ILB J.D. Folsom, and CB Evan Oglesby.

• -- Sparano Pleased with Richie Incognito --​

Thu May 13, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com
    • The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano raved about OG Richie Incognito's fast-twitch power. "He's knocking people down with his hands," said Sparano.
    • -- Brian Hartline Expected to Start --

Thu May 13, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
    • Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly and Miami Herald's Armando Salguero believe Dolphins WR Brian Hartline win the team's starting receiver job opposite WR Brandon Marshall. Hartline's primary competition will be WR Greg Camarillo.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    moses is going to be gone :lol:

8. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for reminding me how horible that Buffalo game was. :(

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i think we keep 5 inside linebackers this time around......crowder, dansby, dobbins, edds, and possibly spitler/folsom based on special team ability.

10. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Where do you get that about Patrick Turner? He's soft in his playing style, not in his build:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=1&ct=image&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAA

MrClean likes this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i dont know where any softness comes from. we havent seen his playing style in the nfl to say its soft. and in college the guy was always making leaping catches, over the middle stuff, slants, diving in the end zone. so i dont see it.

12. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

It comes from the talk out of Dolphins camp that a 6-5, 225 lb WR can't break free of the press off of the line. That's kind of a head scratcher to me, given his size.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i guess your expecting him to run a corner over? he just needs work on his burst, his release, his hand and hip movement.....not soft imo....just technique. hopefully he gets the work from dorrell and gets some help from marshall.

14. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    No, I'm expecting him to be able to gain release off of the LOS, especially given his size advantage. He's a 6-5, 225 lb. WR who can't break off of the line of scrimmage. There are reasons why he's considered a bubble player, and that's one of them.

15. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The guy in these pics is your definition of waay under developed physically and a soft build? Please get a grip. :no:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onehondo, jim1 and dolfan22 like this.
  16. MrClean

Even given the man crush a few seem to have for Moses, he'll be cut before Anderson, unless a light comes on and Q surprises most everyone and wins the starting SAM job. If both are backups, Anderson is a core special teamer and Moses is not. Simple to surmise which has a better chance of sticking around.

17. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'm hoping Quentin Moses, and Patrick Turner can step it up. I'd also like to see Kory Sheets speed used. I'd even like to see Nalbone live up to the athleticism we said he had. Otherwise, that list is dead to me:lol:.

18. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    on M&M&P:
    1) Murtha will stick as the RT backup to Carey. he can also play H-back & TE. Lyndon is big, strong, fast, as well as versatile. (excellent hands, has played TE before)
    2) I believe Moses will stick. he offers experience in the system w/ talent. he has come up short on game -time opportunity to prove himself, this will change. he is ready to contribute
    3) watch Pat Turner move to TE in REdZone packages. they will find a spot 4 a #2 pick.

19. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Ehhh, you're right. Looked pretty so so to me. Doesn't really have any suddenness to his game, slowest out of his stance when the ball is snapped. I like his size but that's about it. Thanks for the video. I was in India for 5 1/2 months beginning November 11th, so I really never got a better look at him. To be honest I was watching Charlie Anderson half the time until I went full screen:lol: He really looks like he's a DE in a 4-3, not fluid enough to play out in space.

20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you say this about anderson yet you want to keep moses?
    i'm not defending anderson because i think he and moses are both scrubs but moses has nothing at all to offer. the guy barely hits the field on defense and doesn't play special teams. there is no upside with moses at all. he gets cut. no brainer.

21. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Murtha, Moses & Turner stick

22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    please give me one good reason why you keep Q Moses and if youu say so he can develop i'll scream. if moses were going to develop we would have seen it already. unless by some strange miracle moses wakes up one morning and the light comes on and he turns into a starter which is highly unlikely he is good as gone.

23. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    What I meant was that I thought Anderson was Moses in the small screen format on my computer (hell, I really couldn't even locate either player until I went to full screen). Like I said I only saw Moses in preseason and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was wearing a number in the 50's. I'll try to be more clear in the future...

24. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Moses w/ a very high draft choice in 2007
    because of Taylor & Porter
    like Anderson & Wake, he took a back seat
    even w/ minimal play time in 2009
    (played as a reserve 11 games & was inactive four times)
    he still managed a sack & six yards in losses ...

opportunity has evaded him up until now
    the guy knows the system & the NFL game
    @ 6'5" & 250 lbs w/ strength, quickness & speed
    he is a force to be reckoned with given the opportunity
    I believe he will finally be given the opportunity

25. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I meant to post: moses, murtha & turner not white

26. Shoes

Shoes Junior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    "He's knocking people down with his hands"

Is this a good thing? He is knocking down Dolphin defenders.....

27. bryan324

bryan324 Holla, Purple Drank!!

Oct 20, 2009
    hmmm I wonder what this means for Taurus Johnson, RGM, and Julius Pruitt? Maybe one of them has a shot, hopefully Taurus!

28. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    How is Pat White on the bubble after 1 year and barely even playing?

29. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Your not going into the season with 4 QB's and Thigpen nor Pennington will be cut, so unless someone trades for one of those guys things arent looking good for Pat White.

gunn34 likes this.
  30. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Because, at the moment, he's the least of 4 QBs on a team that will carry 3.

31. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He won't be kept at QB for sure. Not with the other 3 we have here.

32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." - The Dude :lol:

33. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Sorry again, Murtha should go to church for LIFE if he even makes our practice squad. TE????? Lydon Murtha has a hard time walking and chewing gum, he has not caught a football in his life. At least his years at Nebraska he was never even used as a blocking TE. Like I said, Murtha worked hard to make a good showing at the combine, thats it. The kid has been injured, you pick an area, since he arrived in College. Murtha is not making this football team, IMO. If he does, that does not spell out we have enough good backups.

34. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    the window has closed on moses he is a backup LB
    where does he fit really besides depth
    he better get to it quickly or he is gone
    feel the same about merling now. love the depth up front
    but you know it is about production
    merling has one notch in his belt big play. not enough imo
    moses has none
    anderson has the blocked punt in a big game

35. MrClean

When Moses first joined the team, IIRC he was wearing #74. I'm pretty sure it was a 70s # anyway.

36. MrClean

While I would not hold my breath on any of those 3 sticking, listed in the post you responded to, between Murtha, Moses and White, I'd guess Moses has the best chance of sticking. Even though I don't really expect him to. Just less likely do I expect White and especially Murtha to not make the roster.

37. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    pat white is our new & developing jim jenson :yes: white sticks