1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predict Pat White's Fate

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Aug 28, 2010.

Predict Pat White's Fate

1. Makes Miami's 53 Man Roster

37.9%
  2. Cut

47.0%
  3. Traded

15.2%
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is what you think will happen.

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I'll say makes the team. The only one's hating on him is the press. Besides ,Jason Allen is still around, so anything is possible.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Don't care at this point. Guy likely can't help us win games, don't need to worry about him...just another 2nd round waste, I guess.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think he will be traded and they go with H/P/T.

The teams I can see him going to:

Atlanta
    Detroit
    Texans
    KC

He is a #3 Qb, all of those teams have solid #1's, but Atlanta has nothing after Redmon and Detroit and the Texans play on carpet and they could see a role for Pat White.

KC simply because Pioli is an idiot and we could package White and Donald Thomas.

5. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    He stays because Thigpen gets traded.........?

6. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    can i retract my retraction. Wait scrap that, it already cost me one girlfriend and a guy the presidency. I will know longer be a flip flopper. Just waiting:shifty:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

No clue anymore.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If someone offered us a 3rd for Pat, I'd take it. If we were offered a 4th for Tyler, I'd take it...... so what I'm saying is we probably keep 4 QB's on the roster. :lol:

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    IMHO it's too soon to give up on a guy whom you initially thought so highly of a year ago that you spent a 2nd round pick on him. If he were a bad apple I could see it, but Pat's far from that.

eric likes this.
  10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, we shall see, with Tuna publicly disowning the pick, White is closer to being off the roster than on it.

Big week of practice for White.

11. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I have to agree. They havent sold white up the river just yet or he wouldn't have played but i think he is missing a paddle. Big week for White. I hope that he blows everyone out the water against Dallas but i have slim hopes. I love a comeback story

edit: can you refresh the memory when Parcells disowned the Pat white pick?

12. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    The polls pretty divided so far. I think it says that its truly up in the air. I think he'll stay but honestly who knows at this point.

13. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    explain yourself, sir

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Vic Carrucci reported this week that Parcells was never in with the White pick....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...81a09a52/Around-the-league-Comings-and-goings

siciliansith likes this.
  15. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    you had me lol last night during the game.:lol:

16. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I think he'll be traded.
    Next week we should see a whole bunch of Pat White.Every play will be designed to his strengths and some team will pull the trigger.This is strictly opinion, but I have bee on a roll lately. Ha-ha

17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I think he gets cut, only because he has not demonstrated on an NFL field that he can play QB in this league, why would someone want to give up a player or pick for the guy when they can likely just wait it out and pick him up when we cut him.

18. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
  19. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I think he makes the team, we'll carry four qb's if we have to... although down the road, I can see either Pennington or Thigpen being traded IF the price is right. How do we raise the asking price of either one of those two without raising the price explicitly? Imply that we are going to cut Pat White. Personally, I'd like to see White play a half vs the Cowboys. John Beck saw more action with the previous regime but was retained for his second season, why wouldn't Pat White be afforded the same opportunity?

20. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Think that's got more to do with Jason Allen becoming an ace on special teams coverage units.

21. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Ive gone for the minority vote with the trade but what value he will be is anyones guess. Hes shown me nothing to say hes worth any value but im going trade because it means we may at least get something for him from a Dolphin perspective. You can also ask the same question regarding Thiggy. Its a difficult one to answer. Too many possibles. Interesting though.

22. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    And at what point does that not become enough to garner a spot? You either step up your game or you're out. Can't see Allen making it any longer with just ST as his strength. He's been given plenty of time to develop and last night proved he is what he is.

23. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I call bull****. Everything we heard last year leading up to the draft was that this WAS a guy that Parcells himself wanted. So I think it's an invalid report. Lets assume for a moment though, Parcells wasn't on board with the pick. Do you think he would publicly air that in the media? Not only does it make his team look bad, but it makes him look weak. Until I hear from Bill Parcell's own lips this drivel that Carrucci is reporting, I call bull****.

siciliansith likes this.
  24. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    That's not 100% true...............it was only after we already made the pick that Bill's friends were saying he wanted Pat White for a long time.

Again it was only after the draft their was not no word about it before we picked him.

25. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Well did we ever hear anything about a pick we've made with Parcells before a draft? He did sit with Belicheat in the stands at the senior bowl that yr and there was rumors the Patsies wanted the guy. Rumors also had it that Bill was also interested in Pat. Bill doesnt have friends anyways lol

We did spend a second round pick Parcells had to at least sign off

26. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If I had to guess I'd say we see White in the same role as last year. I'd also guess that Thigpen doesn't make the team. But those are just guesses.

27. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Here's my logic-

1st, ignore everything the media says about a player's chances of being traded until there's actually sources behind it.

2nd, if we were going to trade Pat White, it would have been before preseason when his value would have been slightly more. Rosters are basically set across the league, and barring injury somewhere it's much harder to trade a 3rd stringer at this point.

3rd, if we were going to cut him or even thinking about it, he would have MORE playing time so the coaches could make that decision. They're not going to make the final call over one or two series, and that's all White has seen so far.

4th, we're keeping Chad Pennington mainly because he's a great motivator and QB coach (plus he's a solid veteran). For evidence, look at Henne....nuff said. Why keep him as 3rd string when this is prolly his last season? Makes no sense.

5th, The Wildcat, the Wildcat, everyone loves the Wildcat!

6th, add 1-5 together and you'll get the impression that White is a pet project. Obviously we haven't shown too much as far as offensive strategy goes, and there were bunches of secret, behind closed doors practices where they were going over the playbook. Pat White passed a number of times plus took off running a few times, and I'd bet a dollar he's going to run the Wildcat with Ronnie as his 1st option this year....or Ronnie taking snaps and White lining up as tailback/receiver.

siciliansith and ToddsPhins like this.
  28. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I say he makes the team and in week2 we unleash the Pat Cat

29. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I wish we would have had this poll before the last game. Seemed like last week pretty much everyone had written him off, now it's about even. I think everyone knows my thoughts.

30. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I think that Pat White should make this team because he was just a rookie last year and a 2nd round pick.

RickyBobby likes this.
  31. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I think the waiver wire from here on out will be loaded with guys that have more of a chance to play in the NFL than Pat White does....... I can't see how he has any value at all. Especially after this pre season......

Wasting a roster spot on him will give this FO a black eye...... time to own up to the mistakes made in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of that draft and just move on. We have better players to fill those roster spots and we're gonna need everyone of them.

32. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    My gut says he'll make the team as the #6 WR and be active on gamedays. Naturally, the #6 WR will basically be a #4 QB

Marshall, Hartline, Bess, Turner, Moore, Pat White

Inactive guys on the 53 will likely include an extra linebacker to make up for the extra wide receiver. That's one of the reasons why I think we are practicing a 4-3 look (in case of injury)

ToddsPhins likes this.
  33. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I say he plays in Tampa's farm system in baseball by next season.

34. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    He makes the team because this front office cannot admit they made a mistake in drafting the bum, and everyone will anticipate this package where he will make plays. He will once again fail to make any plays and fail to show any semblence of quarterback ability.

35. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Gold glove outfielder