1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prehistoric building found in modern Israeli city

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by NaboCane, Jan 11, 2010.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100112/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_ancient_building

PhiNomina, jetssuck and gafinfan like this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I am not surprised/

There is a valley south of Beersheba called Ein Avdat which has signs of "human" habitation back to the days of Homo Neanderthalis . There are natural out croppings of flint, plentiful water, and abundant game. A regular prehistoric WalMart! Jericho, also within a short distance of TelAviv has been a "city" for at least 10,000 years.

You can not dig a foundation or a well or hardly anything in that part of the world and not hit some earlier inhabitaed layer!

Thanks for the read.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    i wonder if its surprising because they though man hadnt spread out that far yet........or if they think its too advanced for that time in that area?

4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I'm not sure why they would be "surprised" unless it has something to do with the micro topography of the Tel Aviv area. In other words, "yes we knew they were in the area but surprised to find them in this particular spot"???? Curious

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm...to my weird way of looking at things, it appears to be 8,000 yr old Urban Sprawl.