1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premature Celebratulation

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by PhinFan1968, Sep 9, 2013.

1. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Does it bother the living hell out of anybody else when these WRs/RBs/TEs/etc celebrate a TD with special moves, dances, etc, when they're STILL losing by 19 points in the fourth quarter (particularly the Philly-Wash game tonight)? Everybody knows you scored jackass...big F'n deal.

Pretty damn self-serving if you ask me...I guess it's what the game is, I just think it looks pretty silly to celebrate when you're still getting your a** kicked! If a defender showed up and pointed at the scoreboard, he'd probably get a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct!!

And when somebody gets a sack on a QB that's already lit you up for 4 TDs and has a big lead that you KNOW you won't overcome...get some perspective idiots!

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Yes.

It also bothers me when they showboat before they get into the endzone for the actual TD...

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    As someone who actually enjoys it when players celebrate, I do think its silly to get excited when you're losing.

I love Wake's release the Kraken celebration but I don't like it if its a garbage sack in garbage time after a game where we played like garbage.

Garbage.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Play to the last second. Kraken does as the Kraken pleases. We cheer on.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fin D likes this.
  5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It bothers me a bit, yea. But at the same time touchdowns and other big plays aren't easy to come by, and these guys put in a ton of work in order to make those things happen (even in a losing effort), so I can at least understand why they do it.