1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preseason 2013 Defensive End Watch List

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ckparrothead, May 16, 2012.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've read about that. I don't find it to be an issue.

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I did not either. Maybe too simplistic but I was impressed with the results especially considering he didn't really prepare for it, other than his usual workout routine the football team does.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It bothers me.

It also bothers me that after having played football for 3 years he's still trying to slide tackle players on defense and doesn't know what a 2-point, 3-point or 4-point stance is. Three years is enough time to graduate law school, yet he's still stumbling on the concept of "due process". My nephew has been playing pop warner football for 2 years and he knows what a 3-point stance is, and he damn well knows it's illegal to try and slide tackle someone on the field.

It bothers me that the Senior Bowl suggested he's a "look mediocre Monday thru Thursday, ball out on Sunday" kind of guy.

And it bothers me that he's faced with the biggest test in his life where he's to show off for clubs that he expects to pay him millions of dollars to play a game, and all these other guys are out there sweating buckets to shave a hundredth here or there and look the best they possibly can, and he's on campus attending class and figuring he's a good athlete, he's got this.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

What was word from Indy on his interviews? SOMETHING must have come up and leaked.

I mean, if he is really HIGHER rated now, how badly could his interviews have gone? You'd think the whiteboard would have killed him.

Or is he benfitting from the old belief that 'if he's dumb put him on defense'. (I don't think he's dumb, but smart yet ignorant is pretty close)

5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think the teams are generally tickled about his potential enough to where standards have lowered a bit. I've heard nothing, other than the blurb about a team asking him if he's ever seen lions or elephants (mildly insulting question, if you ask me) and he said he's only seen them at the San Diego Zoo.

Bpk likes this.
  6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    https://twitter.com/willbrinson/statuses/304616007287324674

Daniel Jeremiah generally killed him a lot on his week of work. He said he texted a couple of GMs and one said he's a top 10 pick and the other said he's 2nd round and doesn't like him. There's the PFW quote floating around. There's some other scout quotes talking about how he doesn't know how to rush the passer, etc.

7. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    IMO he has no idea how to rush the passer. But he's an athletic freak.

Bpk likes this.