1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Press conf. time????

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATLFINFAN, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Does anyone know what time the press conf. is scheduled for today?? I might actually get to watch one.

2. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    I think it's at 1:00, but I could be wrong. Coach Tony has some explaining to do... Like why Patrick Cobbs was in on 3rd downs :no:

3. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    I'll take care of that one for you Armando. It's very simple. When they are bringing more rushers than you have blockers, you leave an eligible receiver in for protection. Similarly, when you are not capable of stopping their four with your five, you leave a sixth in for protection. It's very simple math.

The TE is an IMMEDIATE passing threat. When given the choice of a pass to your TE versus a pass to a man out of the backfield, you take the TE. That's just plain old football schematics. The fact is that they were giving our TE a free release (no chip at all) and the area in front of the safeties and behind the linebackers.

It becomes a simple equation Armando. You either have the power to enforce your will versus what they are trying to take away or you take what they are giving you. As was clearly displayed in the first half, we didn't have the power to enforce our will (running the ball). So we took what they gave us (the pass to the TE) as was evident by the TE's 12 receptions.

Now given the fact that we taken the pass to the TE, he wasn't staying in to block. Therefore a back would be staying in to block. Patrick Cobbs repititions in the backfield are almost exclusively in 3rd down situations. He has practiced picking up the blitz MORE than any other back that we have. That fact is multiplied by the fact that Ronnie Brown was injured during half the preseason. He certainly hasn't seen the blitz as often as Patrick Cobbs.

I give the staff credit for even getting our backs involved in the fourth quarter. They motioned our backs out to an empty backfield just to get Ricky and Ronnie on the field. That was the only way to make the Jets defense pay for what they had on the field. They game planned to take our running game away. They did.