1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preston Williams Getting In The Work

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

"
    Since the offseason program ended, Williams has been taking steps to improve.

Fitzpatrick set him up with former Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall, and Williams and Marshall (the former Dolphin and six-time Pro Bowler) have worked together in the past month, both on conditioning and on-field football work.

Williams has been working out at a training facility in South Florida, determined to capitalize on this opportunity.

“Really, I didn’t have any expectations coming in; I just came in ready to work,” he said last month. “I’m really proud of myself. Coach is always pushing me to go past my limits. … I’m growing. I’m evolving.”

There have been plenty of Dolphins receivers who flashed in the offseason program and ended up footnotes — from J.R. Tolver to Roberto Wallace to Drew Morgan (the former Arkansas receiver who recently retired).

For Williams to avoid that fate, “we have to find a consistency there,” Fitzpatrick said, noting he mixed “great plays and boneheaded plays. He’s definitely a guy that, as a quarterback, you take notice at some of the plays. He certainly has enough talent to do it.”

Rosen said he’s “a really talented guy with great hands, and I’m really looking forward to developing with him.”

Williams, at this point, is competing with Brice Butler, Isaiah Ford, Stanford rookie Trenton Irwin and long-shot Reece Horn for a fifth and potential sixth receiver jobs.

“Undrafted, drafted, first round. It doesn’t matter,” Williams said. “Everybody’s equal.”"

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I am happy with his talent and am glad to give him a fair chance. At what point might the league step in and make a determination of any potential suspension/penalty for his 2017 behavior? Or does he just get a warning for that since he was in the NCAA then?

3. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Before ota’s, I had heard the knock on him is he can't get off the line and create separation. I am excited to hear he’s working hard so maybe he will improve in that area. :-)

4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    If Preston Williams doesn't make the team over Isaiah Ford or Brice Butler, I'll be upset. He'll only continue to develop, and offers more long-term potential than either of those guys. That should be what we're prioritizing for the next year or two.

djphinfan and resnor like this.