1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince of Persia - 360

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Dec 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Not sure when it comes out, but it just leaked a few hours ago. Guess I'll get it later. What's you guys take on this game?

2. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    Thanks for the tip, Mor. I'll grab it.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Played through the intro and two levels last night. It amounted to about an hour (maybe a little more) of gameplay. My initial reaction:

Graphics - Ubisoft is not as good as Namco is at Cell Shading... Not even close. Not saying the game looks bad. It actually looks great. I just don't see why it had to be Cell Shaded. It has a great unique art style that meshes well in it's universe. Cell still seems a tad gimmicky... Which scream EA, not Ubisoft.

Sound - The music and sound effects are clear and awesome. Subtle differences in the different types of floors make different sounds. Very cool. One thing bugged me... The voice acting. Not that it's bad, it's actually very good. It's the choice in voices that pisses me off. For some reason this guy born and raised in Persia sounds like he grew up in the suburbs of Orlando, Florida. Beats me, maybe I'm being too picky.

Control - The control scheme of jumping around walls and running upside down actually works very well. it's the combat that's suspect. It's like a long dance. you go into a combat mode where you can attack (sword, agile, gauntlet, or magic - the four face buttons) or block. But everything has to be tied into a timing based visual attack spree that looks a lot cooler than it is fun... Mostly because you can beat people with using anything but the face buttons and block occasionally.

Concept - Besides the fact that the Prince of Persia is the strongest, fastest, and most agile man on planet Earth, it's a pretty cool game. I plan on continuing it when I get home. The princess is probably the sexiest character in years. The story seems tight enough to keep an action adventure platformer going. I'd also like to comment on the inability to die... They're making games WAY too easy these days. If you miss a jump or get killed, the princess simply revives you and the enemies get a little bit of health back.

Phinz420 and CitizenSnips like this.
  4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Yeah the combat looked unique, to say the least. i guess it's a new idea anyway.

I'm interested in this game because it's getting so well reviewed, but I really haven't stuck to any of the Prince of Persias in the past.

Would it be wise to purchase this one knowing that?

5. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I wouldn't buy it. It's worth a rent because it's fun, but after you get over the cool acrobatics, you'll probably never pic it up again.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea I was wondering about that can't die aspect when I was looking up the game. I have it on pre-order with the free upgrade so hopefully it'll be good. How's the story?

7. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Got in a discussion about how easy video games are now-a days. There's quite a few NES games that were are as hell and I still haven't beaten....

Ninja Turtles 2
    The Goonies
    Simon's Quest

And others that were hard if you didn't know what you were supposed to do
    The Goonies

Zelda (I found the last dungeon without help, others still think they've beaten the game when they haven't)

Link (Had to be told to use Thunder on the final boss)

Who framed roger Rabbit (anyone else not realize until years later that you actually had to call Jessica Rabbit on a REAL phone?)

8. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea, I remember the days when I could figure out Psycho Mantis until I found the solution later. The latest MGS4 was a complete cakewalk though I didn't mind unless you went in Big Boss Extreme mode. I still haven't even beaten the T-Rex on Jurassic Park Rampage Edition.

But in a business way of thinking, it makes sense. Games these days are really story-driven and they want players to see the endings. Plus, it allows games to reach a mass audience not unlike what the Wii is doing with all those kiddy games and shovelware.

9. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Gotta add that one in...along with Super C.

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    alright so i decided to buy it anyway last night, and I gotta say I'm digging the game. I can definitly tell it's short cause I feel like I'm already half way done in one night, which is fine. I only paid 40 for this and when i beat it this week i'll jsut trade it in for 30 so it's all good.

The art style is fantastic. I'm playing this along with Dead Space, so it's nice to see colors. I really like the dialog and the humor of this game is spot on.

The acrobatic stuff is really neat. Ultimately, This game strives where the other PoPs lost me. The combat is fun, and not nearly as frustrating as the trilogy. The level design is perfect IMO. The way you progress through each level is obvious and you don't need to stare at 7 pillars for 20 minutes to figure out how to get across. The auto adjusting for your jumps helps immensely, and keeps the game fluid. This is what you want to see a franchise do, take a good game and make it great.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I just beat the game this weekend, I thought it was pretty good, although its too easy, although some of the platforming relies on trial and error.

I like the art style, especially the designs of the corrupted.

I thought that the Prince and Elika talked way too much at times.

I thought the story was great and Ubisoft has balls for ending the game the way they did, I know that might have pissed some people off, but it beats a chessy ending.

12. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Do a spoiler tag and tell the ending.. I wanna know. But I don't wanna finish it.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I just got this game yesterday. I'll get to it eventually, but at least I know now that the ending will be interesting.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Here you go Mor

lrn 2 google BTW

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5es0S7uzBw"]YouTube - Prince of Persia 4 Ending (Part 1) - Games32[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2YGOu5YpiQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Prince of Persia 4 Ending (Part 2) - Games32[/ame]

I dont know why the dude who uploaded it called it an alternate ending, but whatever.