1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prisco Ranks the QBs.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, May 15, 2013.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...brady-peyton-and-brees-are-elites-eli-almost-

More Prisco!

I think it's a fair assessment / spot to put him based on the rookie campaign. I was surprised to see him ahead of Schaub and Dalton. Especially Schaub.

HULKFish, SICK and inFINSible like this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Actually that is where I was hoping he would show up

MonstBlitz likes this.
  3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Ranking the 27th rated QB at 20 is too low?

His rating drops him low but his potential raises him. This is a pretty good position.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, I was first surprised to see him at 20, and then even more surprised to see Prisco say that might be too low. I guess those who said Prisco is usually high on the Dolphins might be right. I've never really thought Prisco was a Dolphin hater type guy, I just kinda thought his analysis was not too insightful. But lately I've been enjoying his pieces. Maybe it's just my homerism and the Dolphins accolades...

But all in all, pretty rare for a somewhat objective guy to rank a team's QB in a spot (other than top 5, maybe top 10) where the fan base will agree, but I think Prisco kinda nailed it here.

Bpk and SICK like this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    He belongs right around 20. Hopefully hes closer to 5 AFTER the season...

Sceeto, ToddPhin, ASOT and 3 others like this.
  6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    20 is about right for Tannehill. I have more of a problem with the fact Prisco's got Matt Ryan ahead of Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Stafford all the way down at 11 when hes a better QB then Romo. Romo is a numbers QB who sucks in big spots. Stafford is a numbers Qb who hasnt had much of a chance to show what he can do in big spots because of a horrid team. Im not a huge fan of Stafford but hes better then Romo. I absolutely would not want Romo on my team.

Oh, and Eli IS elite. I would unequivocally take him over Tom Brady and Drew Brees at this point. To me hes the 2nd best QB after Aaron Rodgers right now. His numbers dont back it up as nicely as the tape does. He shines in the biggest moments.

FanMarino likes this.
  7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    LOL some of these are ridiculous.

No way should Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, or Tony Romo be in front of Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Griffin. Hell, I have a tough time seeing how Matt Ryan is ahead of those guys.

8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Huh? Those guys have only been around for one year. Stafford and Romo are damn good.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  9. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Shocked to see Tannehill ahead of Schaub and Dalton as well, great to see others saw as much potential in him, despite the poor supporting cast, as we did last year. Sorry but I still don't think Eli is elite, much like Flacco he is a very solid QB on a very good football team. Both Flacco and Eli are gamers though and do bring out there best when it counts but they look much better than they are in those situations being aided by great supporting casts IMO. Big Ben still doesn't get enough respect in this either.

10. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    also they over ranked the Jets, they should be 32nd and the Bills should be 30th....I know its nitpicking but I hate the Jets so much it annoys me not to see them at the very bottom

11. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Stafford is not a good QB. Romo is decent, but not better than those guys. Who cares how long they've been around?

cuchulainn and djphinfan like this.
  12. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    I'd stick Romo in the "last chance saloon" group if there was one. Im not sure i'd take Eli over Brees. Same group maybe. Im just amazed Peyton Manning put up those stats with his age and his surgery. Broncos have superb Offensive weapons. Grabbing Welker can only help Manning this season. Im fine with Tannehills ranking there. He's amongst a few decent QBs.

Boik14 likes this.
  13. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    what? I guarantee one of those four - Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson or Griffin will have a sophomore slump and look crappy this season (my pick is Griffin). Stafford is ahead of all of them. Newton is at least on par with Luck (for now only).

14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Pretty sure Matt Schaub would have a legitimate gripe about Ryan Tannehill ranking ahead of him. I'm inclined to agree.

But then, there are several aspects of this ranking that are questionable.

But it was useful to see them all stacked like that so that I could see for myself where about I would rank Ryan. I think #21 is probably about right.

15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    It appears to me that many Dolphin fans dish on Ryan because they somehow want to justify the Dolphins not selecting him in 2008. The fact is that he is one of the top ten QB's in the NFL and he has been a very good QB for a number of years. Parcells and Ireland made a serious error in judgement when they passed on Ryan and instead selected Long with the first pick in the draft in 2008.

I would take Ryan over Tannehill right now and not even think twice about it. Ryan is a proven quality NFL QB and Tannehill at this time is still a player we can only hope develops into a quality NFL QB over the next few years. Hopefully Tannehill will eventually be as good a QB in the NFL as Ryan has become.

Starry31, SICK, ASOT and 1 other person like this.
  16. inFINSible

inFINSible Bad ministrator

Nov 26, 2007
    Back in the Feidler days, Prisco was a staunch Dolphins hater (at least in Dolphin fans' opinion), his nick-name at the time was Pricko, iirc.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  17. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    ????? Who dished on Ryan? I just said I think Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and RG3 are better. I don't see that as any type of justification for anything.

18. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm sorry, but I can't agree. I don't think Stafford is a very good QB. His footwork and fundamentals are awful. He hasn't improved any of his weaknesses so far. He's another Jay Cutler IMO.

cuchulainn and Anonymous like this.
  19. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

dished means gossiped. I think y'all mean dissed?

Boik14 likes this.
  20. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Agreed. Ryan right now is ahead of all those names listed. Top 10 for sure, maybe right outside of Top 5.

21. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    "You can dish it out, but can't take it."

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    His tiers are really strange.

Tannehill should be listed as a Young Gun or "Ready for a leap"

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  23. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Placing THill at # 20 is fair at this point. This is a season for him to prove himself, and I personally think he will. The team may not as a whole have a lot better record this season (because of the crappy schedule) but I think THill will give us a lot to look forward to in 2014 and that is when I think this team (with a WCO GM and Philbin will explode on the NFL).

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    No.....he wasnt.

25. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Cam Newton
    2011: 60% completion 4051 yrds passing 21 TDs 17 ints, 55 qbr 14 rushing tds
    2012: 57% completion 3869 yrds passing 19 TD 12 ints 54 QBR 8 rushing tds

26. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    They're not up on the slang game mang! :)

27. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Not to sell Cam short, what he has done with average players around him is fantastic. I would still take him over luck, rg3 and russel wilson. Disagree with Stringer there.

Killer Bees likes this.
  28. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    20 is fair, Newton was ranked higher than he should be to me.

29. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    No he wasn't. I'd actually call it a slump.

SICK likes this.
  30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

First bold: I actually didn't know anyone still thouight he was good. Honestly he's ALWAYS been overrated by many.

Second bold: Sarcasm or are you being serious? Honestly.

Phinj likes this.
  31. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Respect for taking a bold stance....but I think you're insane. Well honestly I'd take him over RGIII who I doubt will end up a true franchise !QB and MAYBE Wilson. But Luck?

32. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Yes he is. He's quite impressive actually. Gotta go back to 2011 when he last had a healthy receiving corps. Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Griffin have yet to display the type of QB ability Stafford did in 2011 when he threw for 5000 yards (only the 4th QB to ever do so) and 41 TDs (one of 7 QBs to break 40 TDs) with just 16 INTs, and until they do so they don't deserve to be ranked higher.

Last year Stafford had a revolving door at WR with his number 2 through 4 targets & #1 TE all ending up on IR, plus no Jahvid Best. Those lost receivers were replaced by practice squad guys and midseason acquisitions, making it nearly impossible to be effective in the redzone with defenses throwing all but the kitchen sink at Calvin Johnson. Wilson, Griffin, and Kaepernick were aided by a strong, consistent ground game and great oline play, something Stafford has yet to see.... and Stafford has also yet to have a supportive defense like Wilson & Kaepernick were afforded all last year.

Sceeto likes this.
  33. 17isOurSavior

17isOurSavior New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Tannehill has a lot to prove this year. I said it before and I'll say it again... he is going to have a BIG year....

34. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    First bold: If you didnt know anyone who still thought he was good, meet new people to talk football with. We will be lucky if Tannehill ends up as good a football player as Ben Roethlisberger.

Second: Dead serious. Eli is the opposite of his brother. Hes as clutch as they get. I havent seen a QB that good in pressure situations since Favre/Elway/Marino. He dominates the last 2 minutes of halves. If the Giants ran an offense like New England or New Orleans, his stats would be just as good as the other elites. Ive watched every game of his career...he is proof why you have patience when developing a QB. I never thought Id be writing this half way through year 3. Year 3 he started to turn it around. 2012 was his jump year from good to elite.

35. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Is best statistical season now the measuring stick? I could go through a list of bad QBs that had great statistical seasons.

Alen does a good job summing up Matthew Stafford:

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2012/...ies-the-frustration-that-is-matthew-stafford/

36. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    We have different definitions of elite, and that's ok.

But to me, elite is tops. There is no classification higher. To call Eli elite, is to put him even with Rodgers, Brady and Peyton. Is Eli just as good or on the same level as Rodgers?

Elite to me, means you can will your team into the playoffs despite shortcomings in the oline, defense, WR or running game or anything else. Rodgers teams get into the playoffs. Brady, Peyton, same thing. I put Brees right outside because he doesn't get in every year. Matt Ryan's been in the playoffs but I'm still wait and see with him.

He's good, and he's clutch. More than enough to win a superbowl. But Elite? That leaves no space between him and Aaron Rodgers. You're likely to go 8-8 or 11-5 with Eli, and a lot of that has to do with his inconsistent play. Robert Horry was clutch but his play the rest of the game was good but not Kobe/Jordan/Lebron.

37. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I would take Cam over Kaepernick and Wilson all day, and maybe even Griffin. I'm not sure about Luck though, Cam is a freak and IMO going to be a top 5 QB in the league if the team helps him out.

SICK likes this.
  38. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Matt Stafford is as overrated as it gets, honestly Jay Cutler is better.

Schaub is decent, but I don't mind him being ranked anywhere from 17-25.

Big Ben is a fantastic playmaker he improvises as well as any QB in the game, but from the pocket?? Meh..

Eli is in my top 5 "QBs I wish we're a Dolphin" he's a beast.

Cam Newton is intriguing, this year will say a lot about what his career will be. He was outstanding as a rookie...then teams got some tape on him and he digressed.

I really believe Tanny will elevate his play to top 12 discussion this year, or maybe I'm just a homer.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  39. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Not in this regard you can't, String. Dan Marino, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford. That's it. Only 3 QBs to ever top 5k yards + 40 TDs..... and Stafford did it with only 16 INTs.

With one of the league's weakest running games (Kevin Smith was pulled off his couch midseason), a mediocre offensive line, and the 23rd ranked defense (both scoring & yardage), Stafford carried Detroit to a playoff birth, the 4th best scoring offense, and was in the Wild Card game with New Orleans until Detroit's defense allowed 21 4th quarter points. Of Detroit's 10 wins on the season, 4 were thanks to Stafford game winning drives.

Sceeto likes this.
  40. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Kaepernick ranked 14th...ridiculous!!!

Whether it was against Chicago in Kaepernick's first start on MNF when he threw a TD going through his progressions and finding the fourth option, the record setting performance against GB, the discipline to hand the ball off 21 out of 21 times the following week making the correct read on the read-option against the Falcons or the ability to throw the ball 30-40 yards down the field on a dime in bazooka fashion against any opponent including the Super Bowl leads me to think Prisco is on drugs.

I would say Tannehill belongs right behind Ponder on this list....leading your team to a 6-9 record with a 76.1 QB rating and more Interceptions than TDs doesn't deserve to be any higher.

djphinfan likes this.