1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Football Prospectus Dolphins analysis

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    2008 team:

Phillip Merling: “An all-purpose defensive end with bona fide Pro Bowl potential. … A great size-speed motor prospect who hasn’t matured as a pass-rusher yet.”

Chad Henne: “A bona fide young prospect at quarterback.”

Channing Crowder: “An adequate run defender who never developed as a big-play threat or as a coverage linebacker.”

Anthony Fasano: “A perfect fit in Sporano’s (sic) system and is better than all but one or two of the tight ends available in the draft.”

Joey Porter: “Could thrive in the 3-4 defense.”

Will Allen: “Graded out as one of the best cornerbacks in the league according to our metrics, but he’s not as good as his numbers

Jake Long: “Great power, toughness and work habits. He just needs to refine his technique.”

Ted Ginn: “Flashed potential as a return man...His greatest attribute is his long speed, but it takes him awhile to gather up speed, making him a better long-term prospect as a kickoff returner than a punt returner.”

PFP tabulated the odds of each team winning a certain amount of games. They say the Dolphins have a 14 percent chance of winning 0-3 games, 58 percent chance of 4-6 wins, 21 percent chance of 7-8 wins, a 7 percent chance of 9-10 wins and a 0 percent chance of being a Super Bowl contender.

2007 team:

Miami was the worst defense in the league against three-receiver sets.

The Dolphins called the third-most “Max Protect” plays - obviously, in an effort to help out inexperienced quarterbacks Cleo Lemon and John Beck. They also called the sixth-most roll-outs and bootlegs.

The general assessment of the team: “By midseason, they were worse than an expansion team. … The Dolphins always seemed to commit back-to-back penalties when they entered the Red Zone.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...of_the.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

calphin and mullingan like this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Interesting take on things. I like it. :up:

mullingan likes this.
  3. Jamester23

Jamester23 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    How can any team in today's NFL be a 0 % chance of being a Super Bowl contender?

How many teams have gone from worst to first?
    The Rams did.
    The Patriots did.

Not saying that we're going to do it but it isn't impossible.

mullingan likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    back to back red zone penalties.. yep, that's us.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  5. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Gotta think that this year we will be a more disciplined football team. I know it did not show in the first preseason game, but, I think they will get that worked out. Just pray we don't start the season with a false start. Man that was a bad omen that year.

Perhaps 1 in a million (so your telling me there is a chance!)

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I would add Langford to that list. He can play DT, DE and continues to improve by day.

7. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    C'mon, not even a 2 percent chance? :shifty: