1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projecting future Hall of Famers for the dolphins.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by number21, Aug 3, 2016.

1. number21

number21 Active Member

Sep 1, 2015
    North Miami
    I just read this article on ESPN and I want to know my fellow fin fans thoughts about some Dolphins players chances getting into the hall.
    Dolphins:

Under 10% chance to make it: Mike Pouncey, Cameron Wake, and Mario Williams.
    75% chance to make it: Ndamukong Suh

Do think should couple of other players should be on that list for us, like Landry and Jones?

And if you're interested in the other 31 teams here is the link to see it: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...carolina-panthers-make-pro-football-hall-fame

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I don't think that any player who's been in the league as short a time as Landry can even be in the conversation. Jones would have a huge uphill battle even if every season for the next 5+ years was like last year, due to being a safety.

Wake's late start was his undoing, unfortunately. He's tied for 4th in the league in sacks since he started in 2009, and tied for third starting with the 2010 season when he broke out with 14. But he was basically a 27 year old rookie. His 70 sacks are only 80th in NFL history. Had he been a rookie at 22 and averaged about 10 per season prior to 2009, he'd have a shot were he to continue playing at a high level. That theorhetical number would put him around where Dwight Freeney is today.

Beyond that, current members of the team are either too young or haven't accomplished enough to warrent even being talked about. Lets get Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas in, and then see where the other guys are at in a few years. If RT has four more years similar to his last two, then he would be in the top 40 all time in passing yards, around the spot Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are today, entering his age 32 season. If Jarvis Landry were to have four more years like his first two, that would be amazing and he might then be the Dolphins all time leader, but he would still only be about 75th all time in receptions, and nowhere near where he'd need to be for consideration to the HOF. Now a WR is going to have to get close to 1000 receptions to even get talked about.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I would say no chance for Pouncey, Wake and Williams, if Williams explodes over the next few years and gets a DPoY then he has a chance, but that is highly unlikely.

I think that 75% for Suh is way to high, DTs have a rough time getting in the HoF, and he has a lot of competition.

JT and Zach are going to get votes, I think JT will get in, not sure about Zach, but he may get in as an old timer.

4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Hopefully Adam Gase is a hall of fame coach..

ChrisKo and number21 like this.
  5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I think both JT and Zack have a lot of respect around the NFL, so I think both have a shot. Like you, I think JT has the upper hand in those 2.

6. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I think Zach deserves it, I think he at different times was the best or 2nd best MLB in the league for a decade, with Lewis, Lewis was overall better, but I think there was a couple year stretch where Zach was the best.

JT should get in, he checks every box, sacks, FFs, FRs, INTs, TDs, PDs and tackles, he was a game changer and also the very important, DPoY.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Zach deserves it. JT should be a shoe in, first ballot, no question. Not saying it'll happen that way, but it should.

Finster likes this.
  8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I know, and thats a shame unto itself. He deserved to get in quicker. However, Jason is not only #6 all time in sacks, he had exactly twice as many forced fumbles as Green did, twice the fumble return yards, and is the NFL's all time leader in fumble return TD's with 6, while Green had 2. Jason also had 8 INTs and 3 TD, compared to Green's 5 and 1. Jason ranks 4th all time in fumble return yards with 246, and is T-21st in league history for non-offensive TDs. (that includes kick and punt returners, as well as defense). Every single player on the list ahead of him is a return man and/or DB.

In short, JT is absolutely one of the most disruptive playmakers in the front seven in NFL history, while Kevin Green was a great pass rusher.

Finster likes this.