1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Props to the trifecta

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Apr 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    OK guys, I think we need to give some props to the Trifecta... Was the draft perfect? NO. Did we address everything we needed? NO. Does the three-headed monster have a plan? YES, of course they do. Last year they did AMAZING things with the draft and FA. Obviously they see needs that we don't see as well as maybe seeing developments with veterans.

I, for one see Matt Roth coming on strong this season. He has a full year under his belt at LB now with the full off-season to further develop. He has always been serious about training and can lineup in multiple positions.

JT would be a great addition but regardless I believe we'll be ok.

Obviously WR is the one spot that we need to get a lot better but already have a solid core with Camarillo, Bess, Ginn and London. I think the 4 of them are sure to make the team! Wilford and the rest are the questions and with Hartline and Turner they obviously have info we don't.

Our secondary is going to be MUCH better this year! Excited to see that! Merling and Langford will undoubtedly be much better this season.

PROPS to Ireland, Parcells and Sparano! They've proved there intelligence last year in Miami and the rear before in Dallas. They'll get it done...

2. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I wish we could have pulled a deal like New England did.They drafted down to #26 one draft pick below us...I would have to say that there's a good chance that this deal could have been offered to us as well BY Green Bay.Green Bay traded there #41,#73,#83 PICK TO MOVE UP TO #26!!!

How would that have changed our draft if we were the team that took the deal vs New England?

Our first pick at 41 COULD have been D. Butler
    instead of Davis

Our second pick at 44 could have been the same White

Our third pick at 61 could have stayed the same or we could have drafted a M.Johnson and used one of our inherited picks from Green
    Bay at 73 or 83 or our own at 87 to pick a corner

Our 4th pick would have been one from Green Bay which at #73 we could have had players such as R Brewster OT,Dandre Levy OLB,L Vasquez G,

Our 5th pick from Green Day at #83 could have been used for
    R Bardin WR,M Wallace WR,B Tate WR

Our pick at 87 could have been for J Cook TE,R Johnson S,T McKenzie OLB

Our pick at 108 could have been used for V Martin NoseTackle,
    TJ Lang OT

Our pick at 161 could have been D Robinson G/OT,H Johnson OT

Our pick at 165 could have stayed the same withC Clemons FS, OR
    J Ringer RB

Our pick at 181 could have been A Brown RB,

214 SAME

Our draft would have turned out very different if we could have moved back as New England did and gather the extra picks at #73 and #83...Either way we will never know if we could have made this deal and I had a bunch of free time this morning ...so thanks for letting me vent a bit

3. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Come on now people... Let's try not to judge to rashly, these guys are proven talent evaluators.

jason8er likes this.
  4. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    And I think it was more than evident that they had a plan, and were sticking to it. Especially when they said they were done in the beginning of the 7th round.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Who's to know? Maybe Green Bay didn't contact anyone else, figuring thats as low as they needed to go or maybe they made the decision after Miami made their pick at 25? Could be Davis was a player they targeted and didn't want to take the chance of missing him? I kind of find it hard to believe that Parcells and Ireland would have passed on the chance to make that deal unless they had a definite pick as part of their plan at #25, or unless they weren't offered the deal at all. Either way we got two of the best CBs in the draft IMO and it was a serious need that we addressed and turned it into a position with the big question mark removed.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    they might have called, but there were reports that Parcells was enamoured with his #1 pick ... so he was probably unlikely to move down.

would have been a good move though