1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Madden 10 Players Wanna Play or Start Online Franchise Mode?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Bpk, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That doesn't change as much when you are older. Sometimes you "have" to break your word and sometimes when that happens you have consequences.

I do not see it as punishment. If you are going to see everything that does not go your way as a punishment, then you are going to be living a very punished life.

In the giant scheme of things missing out to play in the superbowl in a madden league isn't that big of a punishment if it was one.

I also cannot wait for the draft. I am so interested to see what it is like.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Of course in the grand scheme it's not a punishment :lol: but it doesn't exactly seem fair when the other person has been available much less than you, and you just miss one meeting.

Of course if it doesnt get played by a certain date, it's fine. I'm personally in no rush.

Anonymous likes this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    eh...bpk said its 2 or 3 times this has happened now. soooooooo :lol:

Alex44 likes this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    IDK I'm just going by whats been said here. :lol:

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    for the record what iam going by

Alex44 likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    guys not to sound like a mother hen here but i think raf has leanred the point and we should back off of him a bit now.we are just beating a dead horse here and we are talking about him like he isnt an avid part of the league. like sick said we`ve been smooth sailing until now so sometimes hiccups happen. not like raf is constantly doing this all year. and besides we dont want to make raf feel like crap and unwanted so he leaves the league. just my bit.

SICK, Anonymous and Alex44 like this.
  7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

Hey he's my co-gm in the 2010 GM league we do here, so I'm just sticking up for him :lol: :up:

I agree though. Next topic. Any takers for Calvin Johnson yet?

Also Sick I have a question about trades.

Anonymous likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    agreed. this is done. get the game played.....

whats your question alex?

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Madden only lets you offer three players on each side in a trade.

Lets say I want more than three players for Calvin.

Detroit Sends:

Calvin Johnson

Team x Sends:
    1st Rounder
    3rd rounder
    5th rounder
    Joe Blow
    Bob Smith
    Billy Joel
    Ringo Starr
    Cam Clark

That won't fit in a trade box. Can we get the trade confirmed by the commish, and do the trade for the picks, then have the extra players cut, with the stipulation that the trading team gets to sign them? Like they are untouchable by the rest of the league, because they have been traded?

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    first of all. no way calvin johnson is worth that much....:lol: thats like the herchal walker trade...

and yes i dont see a problem with if that happens....then to agree apon, ill let everyone know. and if someone does **** up and sign those players "cut" for trade purposes....i will talk to the person. if they dont agree with everything and cut the player for you to sign. ill boot them, cut the player myself....then let them rejoin (maybe)

thats not a problem at all

Alex44 likes this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    :lol:
    Those guys I listed dont even play football! How is he not worth them!

SICK likes this.
  12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Just to throw my two cents in here. If two people are having trouble finding a time / date to play then that's one thing but if there is a circumstance where a person gets stood up multiple times then I think in the interest of the league then the person who no-shows repeatedly get the game simmed so that it's human/cpu instead of human/human. It wouldn't be fair to sim the game completely and punish the person who has showed up for the designated time.

This isn't designed towards Raffie & BPK mind you just the circumstance that is in front of everyone. With as many people as we have now it's going to require a lot of human coordination to get through the next season.

I will say that personally I have a job where it may at times completely bone my availability and if that happens I fully accept that my game may be played with my team as the computer against a human.

Bpk likes this.
  13. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Yea, but I think a 6 to 1 trade might result in some objections as well :lol:

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It depends who the players are. If they are a bunch of 75 overall guys, I dont see why.

15. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I think even six 75's would upgrade the average roster to fill in 2nd stringers.

Really depends on the roster they are going to I guess, I would love six 75's lol

SICK and Alex44 like this.
  16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    My trade was fake anyway, geeze :lol:

BTW Raffie, I'd take:

Kenny Phillips
    1st
    Nicks
    3rd

For

Calvin Johnson

If you'd be interested in that...pending ratings. I have to check them. Also I'd say no third, but your first rounder is like a second rounder...

17. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

don't worry about me I'm just being antagonistic because I'm bored waiting for the next season to start :lol:

18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    jesus christ....calvin johnson aint that good dude....:lol:

19. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    He's rated like 93 or 95 overall. Yes he is.

Kenny Phillips is like a 78
    Nicks is SLOOOW
    His first is like a second.
    Third third is like a 4th.

20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    no hes not lol

one 95 WR (to a predominately run team) for a potential "A" rookie WR.....a young very good DB in phillips.....a 1st round pick and a 3rd.....thats really ridiculous

21. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Nicks is extremely slow. His value to me is very low regardless of his potential rating. He's basically a fast tight end.

His first is extremely late. His third is late as well.

22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    its one player. #1 WR is honestly over rated in madden....i get more production out of my #2 and slot WR....but to each his own i guess.....you'd have to throw in a player or 2 for me to approve it.

(based on the league as a whole approving) you still may get majority approval. but that proposal is wayyyy lopsided imo.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I understand where you're coming from.

My production in the way I play now, comes from the #1 and #3 receiver. I'd probably be willing to drop Nicks from the deal honestly, if it would help gain approval, because like I said his value to be is extremely low due to his speed.

At leats let Ashraf be the one to say I'm lowballing him :lol:

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    hey iam the commish. iam allowed to chime in :wink2:

but seriously...a lopsided trade could have a trickle-down effect for the entire league.....ballooning up other trades to meet the same package you receieved you know?

Alex44 likes this.
  25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No trust me I understand. I have no intention of making a lopsided trade, just getting back value for my best WR.
    :up:

SICK likes this.
  26. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Trust me, when you play with Nicks, speed doesn't matter. The man catches EVERYTHING. Literally everything. He catchesw it in traffic, gets popped by three defenders, and still hangs on to the ball. Beast.

And no on the trade lol. I really want to do it, but that's alot of players. And I need to fix up my defensive.

27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I need to fix my entire team :cry:

28. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I played my cousin once and Nicks made one of the most amazing catches I have seen in Madden.

29. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    It's how he is. When you need the crucial third down catch, Nicks will always come through.

30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Mark Clayton is like that to a lesser degree.

31. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

So, as an update, Raffie and I are supposed to play tomorrow at noon (monday), though he is not 100% sure he can make it. I have asked him to let me know by text in the AM so I have some warning.

I do appreciate that Raffie's been getting in touch with me directly via phone now, which helps immensely.

I think this game will get done tomorrow and the playoffs can move on. Then alllll the trade talk can finally result in real trades.

p.s. - to Alex/SICK or whomever, yes my sched is busy, but I have always been clear about when I am available, set dates/times and stuck to them. Just needed to say that to stand up for myself here. And yes, there have been 3 times we were supposed to play and didn't because Raf couldn;t be there but didn;t let me know. I think we've sorted out the miscommunication now and Raffie and I should rumble tomorrow.

Get your popcorn ready??

32. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I think as we get more people in this league and as they are spread through the U.S we could have issues getting games played. But I think as long as we keep trying we should be good. Can't wait until the offseason.

Bpk likes this.
  33. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I would like to add, "I wish I can watch games"

Crappy Tipper and Bpk like this.
  34. Bpk

Oh, I SO agree!!! lol.

The highlights help a lot though.

I just wish we could all settle in to 'spectate' the Superbowl. Well, except for me of course. I'll be playing in it.

;)

LOL!>!!!!!

35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I look forward to you fumbling on the 5 yard line while you are up :tongue2:

36. Bpk

lol!!!!! You f&%#r!!! Lol!!! :)

37. Bpk

I guess Raffie couldn;t make it. I asked him to call or text if he couldn't, but he didn't

Another wasted morning.

I can;t do this anymore. I mentioned I was free all day and evening Wednesday and he still said he can't set a time at all, til the last minute. Look, I can;t keep a 12 hour block of my time unbooked to be on call for this. It's just not resonable. I already rescheduled a paying client this morning who is grumpy at me.

Sorry, but I'm done trying to play this user match. SICK, figure out how ya wanna move forward.

For the record, I'm not mad at Raffie (I love ya, bro), but your lifestyle seems to be one where you can't commit to any meeting until literally the second you become free. Most of us can't wait around just in case your sched opens up. I can;t even imagine what kind of chaotic life you must lead where you don't get to decide where and when you want to do things in advance. Are you on call or something?

Not sarcastic. Seriously. I just don;t get it.

By the way though, I *did* ask you to email, text OR call me if you couldn;t show up today. And you didn't. That was pretty disrespectful of my time. Especially after we've already had this discussion. Just saying "I can't promise I'll show up" before every single meeting isn't enough.

All that's enough for is for me to know I don;t want to plan yet another meeting you can't and probably won't be able to show up for.

Anyways, maybe we can play out-of-league sometime if we're both online. I'd still enjoy playing a game against you if we both happen to be online at the same time. Seems like the only way it'll work.

Cheers,
    Barry

38. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    If you ask me (not that you did,) but i feel that since raffie has failed to show up four times now that his team should be disqualified and bpk should advance.

39. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I couldn't email and tell you earlier. I'm at school. That's why everything is last minute for me. Right now is the only chance I really have to go online.

40. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Btw, I emailed you BPK.