PS3 Madden 10 Players Wanna Play or Start Online Franchise Mode?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Bpk, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    very good game.....i have a very good running back tandem (deangelo williams and jonathan stewart) i made some clutch throws with delhomme.....the one that comes to mind, was the crossing pattern over a linebackers head to steve smith on 3rd and long....that was gigantic....and literally won me the game (i kicked a field goal that drive) and won 20-17...awesome game bro, that was fun

i need to get a headset.....they are 12 bucks at walmart.....me and bpk's friend are in the same division, as are most people have atleast one man controlled team in their division which means (2 games) vs eachother. this should be fun!

remember everyone, tuesday....i will simulate the week, so please play your game by then.....if you have played and finished your week 1 game please post here that you have, so i know who hasnt....and i can contact those people. i know this weekend will be packed with football to watch....so find an hour to play one game.

thanks everyone....

Bpk likes this.
  2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Dude, I had my headset muted a few times, that crossing pattern to Smith was one of those times, the expletives FLEW. I could see it happening as well. For some reason, I played cover 2 (you probably noticed I play a lot of man) and only rushed 3....you had all day and made me pay for it.

Yah, that tandem is a horror show. They both have the speed to get to the corner and the Eagles linebackers are pretty mediocre, that did not help me.

You're pretty unpredictable. As soon as I thought I had some sort of pattern on you I'd get murdered by playaction. I was royally sucked in a few times. That was great though, online is a WHOLE new ballgame.

Bpk likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

PLaying SICK is fun.

I had him down to the final play, me losing 14-13 and I went for the two-point conversion and didn't get it! lol.

The game before that I was horrible and lost 101 to -3

Big E likes this.
  4. Bpk

My games vs. Sick were not league games though. They were unranked games.

I think buying a $12 USB headset is an AWESOME idea. I wanna talk to people while I play. You sure it's only twelve bucks, sick?

By the way, my friend's name is Romeo. He's a Rams fan, but decided to use the Falcons. I told him to start going into practice mode to prepare for you, Sick. ;)

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ya bpk a basic logitech gaming headset should be around 12 hopefully no more than 20

Bpk likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ok bpk, and everyone else.....if you propose a trade, then decide you dont want to go through with it.....its simple to cancel it....

go to easportsworld.com

click madden 10.....online franchise, sign into our franchise go to trades, it will show you any pending trades you have......and you can click "reject trade offer"

and there you have it :up:

Bpk likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Finished playing right now. Spanked the Redskins 42-28. 1-0 baby.

8. Bpk

I can't wait to play my second game.

I play the Lions.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    finsane is the only one who hasnt played :shifty:

i am advancing the week tomorrow.....so get it done homie!!!!!!!

Bpk likes this.
  10. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    that guy sucks

wtf is he deal holding everyone up

Bpk likes this.
  11. Bpk

lol. You crack me up Finsane. Do we play this year? I hope so.

Hey, anyone wanna get some practice games in online? I hate waiting six weeks for my first human opponent!!!

FinSane likes this.
  12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Week 1 Results

[​IMG]

Titans-9 @ Steelers-13 (Finsane)

Texans-30 Jets-23
    :lol:

Ravens-34(DolFanDupree) Kansas City-0

Colts-24 Jaguars-23
    Broncos-16 Bengals-0
    Cowboys-28 Tampa Bay-21
    Saints-5 Lions-3
    Seahawks-17 Rams-10
    Bears-20 Packers-14
    Patriots-24 Bills-13
    Vikings(Bpk)-20 Browns-15

Panthers(SICK)-20 Eagles(unifiedtheory)-17

Falcons(rvmartinez64)-3 Vs Dolphins-38
    Giants(Ashraf1992)-42 Redskins-28
    49ers-37 Cardinals(amenart)-17

Raiders-17 Chargers(Tone_E)-14

Awesome week everyone, congrats to everyone who picked up a W. We have a few human Vs human games for week 2, lets get together and find out everyones schedule, so we can get those games played. and moved onto week 2.

Good luck everyone.

Big E and Tone_E like this.
  13. Bpk

Awesome. Thanks lots, Sick. Hope you feel better today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

SICK likes this.
  14. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Wtf, I gave up 123 yards rushing. I didn't even know that.

Btw, thanks Sick.

SICK likes this.
  15. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, it is me and you DolFanDupree.

I can play later evenings, what about you?

SICK likes this.
  16. Bpk

I play Dupree in week 6, and given how badly he beat the Chiefs in week one (shutout) I will be very curious to see how he does against you, Tone_E.

By the way, I played my week two game yesterday against the Lions. It was fun! lol.

Hey Sick, did you send out that update as league news online too, or should I e-mail it to my buddy?

17. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007

Uhhh Bpk, don't expect much. I am not a worthy opponent yet. I throw picks like they are going out of style. :sad:

VEGAS LINE:
    DolFanDupree -19.5
    Tone_E + 19.5
    Over/Under : 48 (all Ravens of course :lol:)

Bpk and SICK like this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i posted when to play wk 2 in the league news....but i need to get in touch with martinez cause hes the falcons, and that is my opponent for week 2.....if you could have him friend request me, or ill do it....and see when he can play that would be great!!!

Bpk likes this.
  19. Bpk

The you best run all over his arse...

oh wait, it's the Ravens.

Hmm. Yeah, you may have issues. lol.

Best of luck though!

Tone_E likes this.
  20. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I was playing last nigh, and wanted to get into the franchise to try and orchestrate a trade (not sure yet for who, just want to trade :)) but I was unable to log into the franchise, it said try again later. But, the normal online lobby worked for me, so I was logged into EA. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Yes I do know I can trade online. Just worried that I cannot connect to the franchise.

21. Bpk

Yeah, I have this problem every night around 10 or 11pm PST.

I think it's when EA services their servers or something.

That's my guess.

Tone_E likes this.
  22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i noticed with me that if i quit the game and go back in it works.....try that :up:

Bpk likes this.
  23. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    2-0 Baby. Ran for 200+ yards with Jacobs, and scored two TDs. My Defense needs work, though.

SICK likes this.
  24. Bpk

Yeah, I've been watching your stats, Ashraf... you look like a team I'll need tyo beat down the stretch.

I have to be able to stop that run. Of course, you and I both have the same blessing/curse since I have Adrian Peterson and you have Brandon Jacobs. Both are amazing, but will both be healthy by the time the playoffs arrive??

25. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    You're luckier than I am, though. You have Chester Taylor to spell AP. I really can't play with Ahman Bradshaw. He is too small for me.

26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    bpk gotta get your friend online sometime.....me and him need to get our game done!!!! the only chance is tonight late, or tomorrow before the dolphins game......please let me know via pm if he can make it

27. Bpk

Hey dude.... he says he has PSN mailed and e-mailed you or something trying to figure out a time?

I don;t know man.

Try calling him, I;ll PM you his phone number...

SICK likes this.
  28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if me and him play or not.....ill fast forward to week 3 tonight sometime

Bpk likes this.
  29. Bpk

So.. this raises a question... if two human don;t play by the time the deadline hits... what happens?

I think the person who is delinquent in attempting to set up the match should forfeit. It wouldn;t be fair to sim and have the slacker win the game.

Moving forward, I have a suggestion for future weeks...

In order to track 'who tried harder' to actually set up the match, maybe each user should be expected to contact their opponent with 3 possible days and times that work for a match. If one of the users doesn;t do this, it's pretty clear they didn;t try to set up the game and that they should forfeit.

I think if two people come up with 6 possible days/times between them... at least one of those times oughta work.

Also, if a person deson;t show up for their agreed time, it should be on them to reschedule it.

lol... we're gonna need a code of behavior here to avoid nasty fights later in the season over derelicts who don;t show up for matches.

(not you Sick)

30. Bpk

by the way, very entertaining show last weekend, Sick. the ending, where you guys can;t hear each other is hilarious.

Big E and SICK like this.
  31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    all on purpose :lol:

im gunna text your friend, see if he can play tonight.....

Big E likes this.
  32. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    dupree and tone_e......got plans to play your game tonight?

its been a week and a day now....we need to move along with week 3. so finsane (again)

and dupree vs tone_e......try to come up with a time you guys can play, if not....its best man wins via simulation. thanks :up:

Bpk likes this.
  33. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Tony_E and I are set up to play tonight at nine pacific, midnight eastern

SICK and Bpk like this.
  34. Bpk

Good work, Commish! Keep it movin along!

Best of luck to both Tone)_E and Dupree.

I'm curious to see how Dupree and the Ravens do against a human after drubbing the Chiefs like 89-0 in their opener.

Also can;t wait to check out the league stats after week two is complete. See who's lighting up that stats board. lol.

Come on week three! I'm rarin' ta go!

35. Bpk

By the way... I REALLY wish there were a way we could watch these games!

I'd totally LOVE to sign on and watch the Tone_E vs Dupree game. EA should add that ability to league.

Or mabe we can at least run the superbowl through a video capture card at season's end so we can watch it?

36. Bpk

By the way, if you go to the website... you can view any video highlights ANYONE has saved, I think.

So, at the end of the game, people, go to the thing to save highlights (scroll through the play-by-play of the game and pick which big plays you want to save a highlight of).

It'd be AMAZING on a Wednesday to be able to see everyone's highlights from the weeks games!!! It takes less than five mintures to do at the end of a game and would be a really great way to add more enjoyment to the league.

:) Highlight reels.

37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Good game Tone_E. I just couldn't get over the 5 interceptions.

Tone_E likes this.
  38. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Great game Dupree. Your 100 yard Pick 6 (1 of 2 pick 6s) put me in a tough spot bro.

I don't know why I went for the two point initially, i just clicked the x button after the TD, only to realize during the act that it wasn't on the default FG, instead stupid Madden picked a play for me. That almost cost me the game.

Either way, great job. I thought you were gonna run in Flacco for the TD on the final play.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  39. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I didn't think he could make it so I went with a desperation throw. He was nice enough to throw it out of bounds. ;)

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    advancing to week 3.....please play your game by next weds!