1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A with draft pick Jalen Parmale

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 1, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Q: What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?

A: "My strengths are my ability to run with power. I have good power when I run, an explosion. As far as what I need to work on, my consistency, my technique in blocking. It gradually got better through the years, it's just one thing that I need to improve on."

Q: What did the Dolphins say about why they were looking at you as a player?

A: "They told me they were looking for a player with some versatility. They liked my character and they were looking for some quality player that can contribute to the team whether it's special teams or being a backup running back. That's what they told me."

link to story

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-parmaleqa08,0,6365505.story

2. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    versatility eh? i wonder what exactly they mean by that... play on S/T as well?

i don't understand the RB pick, but i guess with LoBook being traded away (i'm still pissed about that), we needed the depth. PLUS with Ronnie as our bruiser and unable to stay healthy, i guess we could use another bruiser.

3. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Parmele made some sense to me, while coming back with Hilliard didn't. I felt you could have Hilliard undrafted and get another guy too.

Brown has injury issues, Ricky is Ricky, and now Booker is gone. Booker wasn't a 3 down between the tackles type of back anyway. So you almost have to plan like your 3rd back is gonna be a starter at some point, and imo, Parmele or Chauncey Washington are good bets in the 6th, but Washington comes with an attitude.

4. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    yes you're right... i meant Hilliard was the question mark for me. I can live with Bernie... err, Jalen. :D