1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A with Miami Dolphins Coach Tony Sparano Q&A

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, May 5, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Pretty good read:
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-tony-sparano-s050509,0,7476718.story

etc. etc. etc. :D

SICK likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i am loving the chris clemons pick!!! cant wait to watch this guy play

Sceeto likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree with this comment above. This years cornerback class was frustrating to watch because of a couple of reasons. Watching the DB's this past season in college football, I couldn't believe how many of them playing loose/off coverage. They almost never played bump and run. Further, I was disappointed in how many were not (great) contributors when playing the run. I saw that Sean Smith was one of the few that actually did both of those well, which is why I had him rated higher than other CB's. Vontae Davis I was skeptical about. I knew he could play the run well but it was a matter of doing it consistently; there were games where he would make several plays in run support and really help that Illini defense out but then other Saturdays where he made one play and then jogged as well as made circles around the ball carrier like he did in the Ohio State game. I thought that the reason Vontae Davis played very little bump and run coverage was because he lacked the long speed to run with wide receivers down field. I figured Ron Zook's coverage protected Davis' lack of long speed. I still feel that way.

Sceeto likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    They have done better this year than ever about getting up the transcripts for all the pressers and interviews at Miami Dolphins dot com. They are going up with the videos, not the next day like in years past, which I like because I can never hear the questions to Coach. Just go to the toolbar at the bottopm of the header and click "news" a dropdown will offer "news archives" on the right, the pick your month when the page opens. Or, just bookmark this link; News Archives. This is an excellent resource that I use daily when the news is active.

It is the source of the Sun Sentinal information.

Sceeto likes this.