1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qb competition in the nfl a farce?!?!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mullingan, Jul 29, 2008.

1. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Interesting read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/07/28/qb.competitions/index.html

The guy brings up alot of points about QB competitions going on in the NFL, not only this year, but in general. I agree that a team with a QB competition is behind the power curve to the teams that have an established starter, no doubt about that. I don't agree with his points that there is never really a competition and that nothing can really be learned in practice/preseason. I think our staff, as knowledgable as they are, will pick the best guy we have on the roster for the job. Will any one of them be successfull? We will know shortly.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Well it depends on the offense. West Coast its a complete joke. I can make those reads.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think practice and pre-season are just as important. They may not contribute to your win total in pursuit of a championship ring but it lets you see what you have on your team. Btw, I think this thread will be moved to the 'Other NFL' forum by a mod.

4. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah probably should have put it in there, just got in a hurry and it did mention the QB competition in Miami. I think, at least here in Miami, there is a true QB competition going on. I think they probably have an idea of who brings what to the field and maybe even have a "fluid and changing" depth chart in thier minds for the QB's. They are going through a very diligent process and I think, in the end, we will have at least a servicable QB behind center to start the season.