1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB's Ryan, Henne, will be put under the draft microscope

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Mar 22, 2008.

1. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

QBs Ryan, Henne will be put under draft microscope

Not a whole lot of new info, but info nonetheless.

Article

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Assuming Brendan Albert isn't there (and he won't be), I am perfectly comfortable with Henne at 32. Ryan at 1....uh, not so much.

3. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Chad Henne has better leadership skills than Matt Ryan. He took a team that was annihilated emotionally and by the media after losing to Appalachian State at the start of the season and managed to lead them to victory over the defending champions with the Heisman Trophy Qb. He showed great character by getting that win for Lloyd Carr .

Give me Chad Henne over Ryan any day.

(actually, I'd rather spend picks on support players. We have a starter, named John Beck. FWIW)

cnc66 likes this.
  4. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I agree; my affinity for Henne is based more on my belief that there's a good chance he'll be the best player available at 32 than my belief that John Beck is a stiff. I think Beck will be a fine NFL starter, but I've yet to see a team that's unhappy about having too much talent at QB. If Beck's the real deal, we simply trade Henne next year. I seriously doubt that failing to get a second round pick that contributes immediately will mean the difference between the playoffs and sitting home in 2008.

Trackstar likes this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Dont draft a QB. Nooooooo. Why draft a QB early when you drafted one last year? We drafted a QB that high for the first time since Dan was drafted.

6. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    I would prefer that we draft a Qb in say Rd 6 or 7. My fav at that rd would be Matt Flynn of LSU, as a developemental prospect.

7. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    That would be my preference. numbers matter, flyn had good ones, maybe not the best but did not throw a ton of picks at least. He showed up big in the biggest stage, that counts alot, so he represents great value with upside at that point in the draft.

8. phillyphinphan

phillyphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Jan 8, 2008
    With the two qbs that we already have on the rosters it tells me that Beck will get a thorough evaluation this upcoming season.....

9. Trackstar

Trackstar Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    What about Eric Ainge? He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and seems to be a good all around QB. Do you all think he's a possibility in the mid rounds?

Btw, I'm so excited to see what you all come up with in terms of a new web site. I'm here for the ride and will follow you all wherever you go. :wave:

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Why dont we just select Kyle Wright if they want a QB? He has all the tools , just needs to learn on decision making and settle down.

11. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    Exactly my thoughts, also. Matt is a proven winner and has some good ability, he just needs a little fine tuning by a GOOD NFL QB coach to make at least a very good back-up. The kid has good nerves and is highly intelligent, he's also a student of the game and constantly works to improve his play.

12. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    You have no idea how much I am mystified by Kyle Wright's inconsistency. That guy should have been a 1st overall pick he was so hyped coming to the U. If you can, take a look at what he did against Colorado his sophomore year. He threw the most beautiful pass I've ever seen. It looked like a punt; flew into the stratosphere and landed perfectly. The camera fluidly followed the football fly all the way into the stands. I saw that, and thought to myself, wow...this guy is going to be special. The Wake Forest game also was spectacular. Watch the Texas AM game last season, guy was on fire.

This guy has the arm, the feet, the physical body to handle the pounding. Just have to wonder whether or not he has the noodle.

13. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The Dolphins will probably take a QB from the second round on. Not because there is anything wrong with Beck, but because QB will be taken seriously and not as an after thought as in the past. At least I hope so

cnc66 and sgtphin like this.