1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quentin Groves surgery

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DonShula84, Apr 12, 2008.

1. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    FL Network's Adam Schefter reports Auburn DE/OLB Quentin Groves underwent surgery to treat Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome in his heart on March 27.
    Groves had a rapid heartbeat. Anytime a heart needs to be repaired it's concerning, but Schefter says teams still project Groves as a first-round pick. Groves sent a letter to all 32 clubs informing them about the procedure. Still, this is something teams will have to weigh on draft day. Apr. 10 - 7:19 pm et

They say he's still expected to go in round 1 but I imagine some teams might be a little afraid of taking a guy coming off a heart surgery.

Larryfinfan and alen1 like this.
  2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    My bad, saw it at the top of rotoworld and assumed it was new info.

3. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Hard to believe. I've been reading about the condition, and noticed that having the procedure done once doesn't necessary end it. Read one story where a person had it done 3x over a 16 yr period. He and others feels okay most of the time, but occasionally, feels palpations and a skipped heartbeat or two, the heart kicking into a strange rhythm, getting panicky. And so far as using drugs to control it, apparently it makes some sluggish and jittery.

I can certainly see that if he had another episode, he might just decide to retire. How much does a team gamble on that not happening?

If he's still on our draft board, I can't imagine that he'd be on it before the late, late rounds, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's been taken off of it completely.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Its ok, thanks for posting it anyways, news is news.