1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quentin Moses get's his one shot in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 21, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...tunities-await-for-quentin-moses-joey-thomas/

"Q" was all the rage in offseason 2008, when we hired Tuna, us phinfans figured that Q and Rod Wright were two young building blocks in Miami, and instead of building block, Q Moses was buried and deeply on the dpeth chart.

Now JT may not, and probably should not, play Saturday, and Matt Roth's quarantine, and Quentin Moses has his shot to shine in the preseason.

He's an athletic OLB, he is smooth dropping into coverages, and he is powerful at the point of attack, if he wishes to remain in Miami, it would seem to me that he must shine tomorrow in replacement of Roth and maybe JT.

2. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I would love it if he could make an impact. You can never ever have too many talented AND young players on a team.

Silverphin likes this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Let's see what he's got, I'm pulling for him.

Silverphin likes this.
  4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't know about Q. He's had flashes, but that's it. I just hope, if he does get cut, that he doesn't end up as killing us in the future at NE...they have a tendency to do that with some of our cast offs...

5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The longer Roth stays off the field, the greater the lielihood the regime finds a way to carry an extra linebacker.

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To me, it is difficult to see Roth being the backup to JT as he has just missed so much time and 30 practices, but we also need someone to spell JT or better put, to free him to roam.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    was initially a big fan of Moses
    big upside, don't know ho he got buried in the roster
    like to see him do well & stick w/ the team

8. calfishman

calfishman Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Moses will be on a 53 man roster this year. If not in Miami, some other team by trade or free agent pick up. If picked up off the wire, it will be a team with a high waiver order priority, not New England.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'm watching Q for the third time and the guy just sheds blocks, the panthers ran three guys at him on a running play and he just manhandled all three.

He also has a really nice speed/bullrush combination he hits the blocker at a run and just earth moves him to the left or right and has the quickness to play off them afterwards, he is really something to watch.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I kept a running total of the times Q hit the Qb and stopped at 3, he also had a couple of run stuffs, if anyone watches the replay Q got to the Qb at 4:13 in the 2nd qtr, 7:40 in the third, and 7:18 in the third.

11. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    if this was moses' one shot then he made it count imo, very hard to let this guy go.

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I know i want Moses in there more than roth at this point.