1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Jets game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by azfinfanmang, Oct 13, 2009.

1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    So,

Last night we watched as Chad Henne hit Ginn deep, and Ginn ran nicely under the ball. You all with me so far?
    On the ensuing kickoff, Car-Painter kicked it entirely out of the endzone!

This of course was because of a 15 yard penalty.......anybody remember seeing or hearing what or who the penalty was? :shifty:

Yeah, me neither. I rewinded and played over and over, but nothing.....I find that very interesting.

On that note, while the Jest Defense wasn't as good as Jest fans thought they would be, they were one thing, and that is very very dirty.

That being said, sure wish somebody could shed light on this penalty that was convienently swept under the rug by EVERYBODY, unless I just flat out missed something :up:

2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Sethdaddy8, azfinfanmang and jetssuck like this.
  3. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    I missed it too. I don't remember any penalties & didn't realize it was a short field kickoff. I remember think holy crap, this guy has a bionic boot

what makes you say the jets played dirty? I just thought it was a hard fought physical game.

I do remember either harris or scott getting absolutely clotheslined on a blitz though. a flag was thrown on that one.

4. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Lol. Pace how fitting :).

5. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    From what I could tell, it was an unsportsmanlike on the jets. They refused to believe they got beat on a post pattern with 3 of their DBs on the play.

Now that you've mentioned Ginn, I wanted to put thios somewhere and it is a good a place as any.
    It's no secret that i have been pretty critical of him. i've been on him mainly for piss poor route running [not getting open consistently] and dropping catchable balls. Anyway, let me be the first to say that that route he ran last night was absolutely TEXT BOOK. This is the thing I've been harping on him about. he can be a great WR IF he is more consistent running his routes like this. I could see the route perfectly from where I was sitting. About 10 yds or so, Ginn does a sharp step out. then, I think it was reviz on that play, turned the DB out as well but still had control of his direction. Then Ginn does it again to the inside on the next step and Reviz was so turned around, I'm surprised he's still not screwing himself into the ground right now. But when reviz cut back in, it was all over. On the 3rd step, Ginn just took off leaving the DB. the safety came over the top to help but didn't matter. but I wish that I payed more attention to the coverage on that because I don't recall Ginn being doubled on that. Anyway, Ginn catches the ball about 2 strides away from the endzone with the 3 DBs trailing about 3 strides back. That was as classic deep ball as we'll see. henne threw that ball about 55-60 yds on the fly with apparent ease. gawd, if we can hit more long ballers like that, then the WC will get wilder!! but it's all about execution and ginn did it perfectly on THAT play. he ain't out of my doghouse yet and has a way to go. Cocnsistency is all i ask for. Be consistent with your talent potential and few will be able to stop him.

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Henne's awesomeness caused the jesters to snap

7. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Its interesting cause they never even announced it across the booth or the Referee via Microphone.

I am gonna re-watch tomorrow night, but it mustve been well after the play was over from what I can tell......

I honestly dont remember them ignoring a 15 yarder before...but I am kindve new to watching football :shifty:

8. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Excellent analysis DD. And, I agree with you 100%. About the play. The way he ran his route. Ginn in general. All of it. Great job! :up:

AZ, I believe it was announced. Both on the field and in the booth. But, I could be wrong. IIRC it was just before they cut to a commercial. Maybe that's why you missed it or don't recall it? :confused2:

DeDolfan likes this.
  9. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I recall them mentioning it very briefly in the booth. They didn't show the referee announcing it though from what I recall. Too busy showing the celebration and highlights of such an awesome throw :yes:

10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Like I mentioned, I did rewind and rewatch last night. For whatever reason, I didn't record the game (but I will tomorrow) and I do remember thinking "Crap a flag on the play" and they went into the analysis of the catch and beating the secondary.
    Gruden then very briefly mentioned it was a penalty on the Jests, but they then cut to commercial.
    I am making much about nothing I imagine, I just find it very very curious they never showed the referee announcing it, never showed any footage of what happened and never made comment of it again other than Jaws saying "And because of the penalty, the kickoff is a touchback" after Car-painter kicked it into the stands.

11. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

I love how Pace said he couldnt respect us because of our "gimmick" offense. well how can the NFL respect a person or a Team that plays dirty???hmm answer that Pace!

12. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    thats the way i remember it.

i remember hearing them mention a penalty being placed on the kick off before they went to commercial but they never showed the ref announcing it.

13. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Good info, i was wondering the same thing

14. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I figured D Thomas starred at the ref to give them a penalty of unsportsmanlike in advance for the Jests upcoming comments at the post game press conference.

15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Oh crap When I read this I remembered this:
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

DeDolfan, Clipse and The Aqua Crush like this.
  16. DeDolfan

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach

Keep on watching. Ken. You'll get the hang of it after awhile!! ;) :lol:

17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, thanks Earl :pity:

EDIT: BTW, I re-watched the first half this morning, and the ref was announcing it in the background, but it was almost completely drwned out by Jaws.

18. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    lol new to football, i have beach front proprty you may want. And yes I understand at 14 i was snatching panties and watching Marino lol

19. DeDolfan

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Apparently, the flag came a little late and everyone was cheering loudly. When the ref made the call on the speaker, I couldn't tell what he said but the only thing i thought I could hear word the word, "unsportsmanlike". I could be wrong but i think that's what it was tho. Anyway, doesn't make much diff. It was a big one and on the Jets.

Now, the puzzling part of the kickoff was, Carpenter put the ball out of the endzone. Hell, if he'd kick like that all the time, the ball would land about 5 yds deep everytime. as it is, returners that avg just 20 yds are able to get the ball out to the 30-35 regularly. That there ain't real geed either! ;)

20. DeDolfan

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    14 ? :sidelol: ;)

21. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007

The kicks would be line drives and set up good returns. When you kick for hang time you lose distance. When you're that close you can just kick it past the endzone and not worry about out kicking your coverage.

EDIT: and it's just a matter of time before we agree to agree about Ginns improved route running... ;)

22. DeDolfan

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    But my point is that if he kicked like that a lot more, a lot of them will carry thru the endzone.

Anyway, I gave Ginn props for the way he ran that route. That has been my problem with him. He CAN do it, just not consistently enough to strike fear in many defenders. He's going in the right direction but 1 good route doesn't get him out of the doghouse just yet.