1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about next years defense and Moses?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Biggtyme13, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Biggtyme13

Biggtyme13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

IF we switch to a pure 3-4 defense could Quintin Moses convert into a linebacker and be that standup edge rusher? I remember how relentless of an edge rusher he was in college that with a solid senior year would of solidified him as a first rounder.

2. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    same question about abraham wright. I think we have some good designated rushers that's why I hope we don't strictly go 3-4 and that we also bring in rex ryan he knows how to use them well.

3. Funkymonks

Funkymonks New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    i really wish that we could go back to what we had last year where Jason was able to move around the field and do whatever he though was best. I think that was why we had such a good defense and why jason did so well, no one knew where he was gonna rush from or if he was gonna rush.

4. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    Co-sign, I loved that defensive formation so much. That's why we got Joey Porter to be on the side. Thank God they fired Capers.

5. Passrusher

Passrusher New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    In the draft war room
    Abraham Wright is already an OLB

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Capers goes from genius to idiot in one season. Feel bad for the guy.

Fact is anyone would have struggled to run a defense that was plugging in new safeties every week, was missing Zach Thomas most of the season, then missing Crowder, and some injuries on the defensive line.

It really limits what you can do on defense, not an excuse for Capers because after this year he probably should have been fired, but I don't think the man is a bad coach.

7. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Keep in mind, when JT roams around, the other players (DL, LB, safeties, CB) have to cover whatever gaps he leaves behind. With Porter taking a long time to become comfortable with the defense, plus playing rookies, first time starters, poor backups and street free agents...I don't see where free lancing would have helped much...plus, so many of his rushes ended up being a gapping hole for the run game when he guessed wrong.

As for Moses, if he makes the team, he's going to have to get a whole lot stronger and improve his technique because he's a major liability against the run when it's coming at him. I really wonder if he makes the team next year...just my opinion of course.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's possible. We already moved Abraham Wright from defensive end to outside linebacker, and Quentin Moses seems to have a nose for the quarterback... let's see how it goes in the future.