1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About what Madden said in Tonights game...

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ASUFinFan, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I flipped the tv on right when they started talking about the saturday quarterback meeting breakfast started by aikman and garrett. Something about texas toast and eggs. What all was on that? did anyone catch that. Random I know, but I love meaty breakfasts' so I might have to make it. IT was like texas toast, eggs, bacon, sausage,...and what else. Fill me in, I missed half of what they were talking about and what the converstion was. I would appreciate it.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

It was just the bit on the food and how they had it stacked. Just pile a whole bunch of that stuff together with three pieces of texas toast in a sandwich and to me it looks like you'd be good to go.

ASUFinFan likes this.
  3. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Yah. THanks for the response. I was just trying to figure out what all was on it. And figure out more of the details of the converstion regarding Aikman and the history of the quarterback breakfast.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    From what I got I think you listed most if not all of it. Texas Toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, maybe some ham if your so inclined. They showed a bunch of them cooking at a kiosk or something, looked awesome!

5. anlgp

Yeah that was really it. They said the QBs started it that's the whole thing about the history. Troy wanted it. Said it was named after someone, but I forget who. Texas has the recipe down pretty much. It's basically texas toast, ingredients, texas toast, ingredients, texas toast.

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I think it was called the Nate Newton after one of the OLinemen who "invented" it so to speak.

ASUFinFan and anlgp like this.
  7. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Hey, thanks for the reponses guys! I really appreciate it.

8. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Found stuff on it actually. Here are a few links if you guys want to watch it. Pretty cool.

Top Right video...

http://www.coppelldeli.com/new/video/1994madden.htm

Bottom of the article Madden talks about the sandwich...

Newszine -- Sports 1

Aikman would go to that deli, pick up 15 of the stubb sandwiches and take them to their sat qb meeting for people to eat.

9. anlgp

Madden told him a Stubbs sandwich, a concoction perilously high in cholesterol that is made of sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon on toast.

god, I can feel my heart tightening up right now.