1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for all you American's regarding the liquor laws

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by brandon27, Nov 24, 2010.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hey guys... Im positive some of you can help me out here. Tomorrow, I'm heading over to Detroit for the Patsies/Lions game. I won a pair of tickets at a friends stag. Anyways, I've done this whole Thanksgiving day game in Detroit twice in the past (I saw the phins/lions a few years back, then the titans/lions just the other year), this will be my third time over. Of course, I usually end up quite drunk because its such a great party atmosphere in downtown detroit for this game, any game really. Lions fans, as miserable as their team has been, still come out in full force and tailgate bigtime.

Anyways here's the question... we're planning on just hopping into a bar close to the stadium, and partying it up there. What time do bars normally start serving beer/liqour in the US? I know here, most places won't serve you till at least noon. I know they serve earlier in Detroit for this game, but I dont know when, and I can never remember. Any one help out?

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    With it being a holiday, it's possible you may not end up being served until after noon. However, I can tell you that most places, even here in Kansas, you can get a beer as soon as your place is open. Here in our state (and others like it) you can't buy liquor on holidays, so most folks have to go to the bar if they haven't planned ahead.

I'd say as long as your establishment is open, you should be able to drink. Enjoy the game man!

brandon27 likes this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

Thanks man! That's what I figured. When I went over the the phins/lions game back in.. 06 or 07, I know I was sitting in a bar around 9 or 10 am drinking nice cold beers. Just trying to plan ahead, I don't want to have to sit there and wait to be served :lol: It's never been an issue before, just wondering if anyone knew the deal for sure. My guess is because its a holiday, and a big game day, everyone probably just looks the other way and serves anyways.

My seats are right down in the corner of one of the endzones of ford field where the visitors warm up. Its where JT gave me the thumbs up when he was playing with the Redskins when I was at a lions game there... so you can bet your last dollar that I'll be down there harassing Brady with my phins gear on :lol:

Vengeful Odin likes this.