1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding print/sale

Discussion in 'Graphics Forum' started by GISH, Aug 16, 2008.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Does anyone know what steps would need to be taken to obtain the right to produce printed items for resale that contain NFL players/content?

2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    hmm thats a good question, i would assume you would need permission from the team or player or NFLPA but im not sure. Also you might need permission from the photographer of the pic used

GISH and like2god like this.
  3. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Yeah gish, you would need consent from the NFL and they would want a piece of the action I'm sure. But I'm not sure about getting permission from the photographer though, doesn't he work for the NFL? That is another thing to consider though.

GISH likes this.
  4. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'm pretty sure you can purchase the rights to use a photo from content providers and photog's...places like "Getty Images" will sell you content that you can then use anywhere but it is STEEP, cost wise.

GISH likes this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    My company sells NFL licensed product and also has an account with Getty. You're right on about steep, we debated on whether or not to continue using them because of the high cost.

My suggestion Gish, if you decide to go with Getty or become a licensee of the NFL, go ALL OUT or don't go at all. I don't think it'd be worth your time or money to only do it as an occasional thing.

peastri and GISH like this.