1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: Sunday Ticket offers outside of Direct TV in 2014?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by DrAstroZoom, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The last two times Ive bought a car, I've researched every dealer with a 50 mile radius, found the best price, gone for a test drive, and bought the car.

Paul 13 likes this.
  2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    UPDATE - 'NFL Sunday Ticket' to provide out-of-market games to fans....EVEN IN THE USA. (give apartment-condo-dwelling die-hard NFL access)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...y-ticket-to-provide-outofmarket-games-to-fans

For the first time, DirecTV is widely marketing its exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket online/mobile streaming service, NFLSundayTicket.tv, to multi-unit residents across the country, specifically targeting select buildings that don't allow satellite dishes.

NFLSundayTicket.tv allows consumers to stream live out-of-market NFL games every Sunday afternoon to their computer, tablet, smartphone or game console, including XBox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, depending on which level of package they buy. To subscribe, consumers go through an on-line screening process at nflsundayticket.tv/ to see if they're eligible for the service.

The Laptop/smartphone package is only $199 ($11.71 per 17 weeks of regular season games)...woot!

3. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Rogers recently bought out Shaw here. So I got the Super Sports Pak (NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL, NBA, OHL etc) for $36/month that streams from their on demand website (we don't even have cable hooked up ;p)

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I finally called DTV for my annual price discussion :lol: A month ago, mind you, they couldn't offer me any discounts and told me to call back (I'm currently serving year two of my contract, due to expire next August). I figured calling on a Friday night might be a good idea... I was transferred thru three different service reps. From the regular customer service (India) to Discount department (nice girl) to Loyalty department. I went in full guns blazing. I really let the discount department have it. I told them all my friends are getting deep discounts on Sunday Ticket. And that on their Compare Packages screen online, it says the following:

At which point she went from offering me no discounts to transferring me to the Loyalty Department. I went thru the same thing with him (he must hear this stuff 100 times a day) and that it seems you are breaking your promise to customers if OTHER customers are getting sunday ticket for free... That I know they give different deals to certain customers based on their built up credit system (from being loyal and ordering lots of extra stuff, which I told him I have a solid history, always pay on time, order lots of extra crap...etc etc...)and even went so far as to tell him that NFL.com offers the games for $30 albeit at a delay after NBC airs their games. It's funny because he just let me keep talking for minutes... it was about four minutes of my spiel that I thought to myself, I hope he's still on the line!

He then came back and said, let me see what I can do for you... after a few minutes, he came back with two options:

A. Upgrade from Xtra to Ultimate package at a cost of $1 per month, Sunday Ticket Max for free ($330 value), and three premium channels (HBO,Cmax,Showtime) for three months. He then said be sure to call back after three months if you want to cancel the premium channels, you can also downgrade back to the Xtra package for free (otherwise it's an additional $8 monthly)

B. Essentially this option was Sunday Ticket Max for free, no questions asked...

I went for option A... why not get the free channels for three months and just for the hassle of having to call back and cancel them three months down the line.. Now I have Boardwalk Empire and HomeLand to watch this fall and I'm happy :wink2:

All totaled an hour and 17 minutes on the phone.. thats the lone drawback. But I think calling on a Friday night (likely a peak time) for them had something to do with the wait.

Like schmoo said, Sunday Ticket is a loss leader for them. They are smart enough to know that the main reason you subscribe to DTV is for Sunday Ticket. That if you're not going to get Sunday ticket, then you can go somewhere else and get a better deal. This time I didn't even have to threaten to cancel my subscription.. I actually got a better deal than I usually get. happy...