1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question,just wondering...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 54Fins, Oct 9, 2009.

1. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I'm watching all the NFL shows.ESPN,NFL Network,etc.
    Now they are breaking down how the Jets will beat us because they can blitz us,we have no receivers,no proven QB. That's all fine and good but "they" keep mentioning how they shut down Drew Brees and that high powered offense to only 10 points last Sunday,blah,blah,blah.

My question is: Didn't the BILLS also shut down Drew and that high powered O?The stats say so....
    As a matter of fact,the Bills did a better job then the jets.Why don't they mention that? Is the jets defense as good as advertised? I personally don't think. The so called experts can't even get the facts straight !!

at cp yd td int fmb
    16-29 172 0-0 1 vs BILLS

20-32 190 0-0 0 vs jets

Is the Jets D that impressive to you?
    No need to worry about our passing game or Henne.
    They will have enough trouble with our power running game.......:yes:

Go Dolphins !!!!

gafinfan, TiP54 and dolfan7171 like this.
  2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    In both instances, Drew wasn't shut down. The running game was just working for the Saints in both games and neither team had the offense to compete with the Saints. They had over 200 yards rushing in Buffalo and another 150 against the Jests. If I can run for 150+ on a team, I'm going to be doing that instead of passing any day of the week.

dolfan7171 and Clipse like this.
  3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Personally, I don't care what any of the talking heads says about us. Whether they're underestimating us, or just don't think we're very good. It doesn't really matter (to me). Matter of fact, I kinda like being the underdog. Just remember...it's ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Bring it on baby!

4. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Well I hope the amount of times Henne was sacked by the bills is not a sign of things to come against the jest. Henne needs have better field presence and make fast good decisions, he also needs to learn to look off his receivers instead of locking in. Here is how Miami is going to win this game they will pound the ball and control the clock just like what they did to the colts but this time pull out the victory. The Jest aren't 4-0 for no reason they have improved and they do have a good defense, but they are vulnerable against the run. I believe the Jests will put 8 men in the box against Miami forcing Henne to beat them with his arm, so maybe you will see a pretty decent amount of the wildcat.
    Go Miami!!!!!!!!!!!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Well I am officially starting to get a touch worried about our pass protection. We are simply giving up to much pressure and I was willing to give them four weeks to work it out but four weeks in and we still have problems. I'm hoping its more communication since it seems we have trouble picking up stunts but four weeks into the season this should be solved already

6. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    they are 3-1 :up: and I certainly hope Henne can start doing some vet type stuff..looking off pump faking etc.

gafinfan and dolfan7171 like this.
  7. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    As PerfectTeam said. The Saint's run game was working, so that's what they went with.

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    The ugly truth is the Jets' defense is impressive. But that's not to say this isn't a winnable game for us; because it is very winnable.
    We need to keep Sanchez (or as the Doc says Sanchex) off balance and not let him get comfortable.
    We need to force some turn overs.
    And we need to do what we do - run the ball and dominate TOP.
    We do those things and we can win.

gafinfan and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I haven't read the whole thread, so if this was suggest, I apologize.

My thought is that Drew wasn't exactly "shut down" I believe he wasn't as succesfull as he usually is, and its easy to say "shut down" when the guy throws for 250+ yards weeks in and out. I think that vs the Buffalo, AND New York, the gameplan was to run the ball, because IMO jets pass D is better than their run D. Exploit weaknesses, and thats what they did. Bills (like everybody else in the league) expected NO to come out chugging the ball down the field. Saints showed that they can run the ball as well as throw it, you add Williams - the new D coordinator, and their revamped defense, you have a very balanced team. I think NO is one of the best teams in the league right now because they are balanced. When we play them in two weeks, I believe our gameplan will be similar to the one we used against the Colts; Control the clock, run the ball right at them, we all know that Brees can pass it, so keeping it away from him will be crucial.

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    He did some of that last week against Buffalo.