1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finsfan333, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Finsfan333

Finsfan333 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I have been one of the biggest ginn haters since last year but i must say he didnt look bad at all last game , BUT thats just one game but ANYWAYS

My question is why throw 15 screen passes to BESS?

Honestly i'de like to see that screen play thrown to ginn , our fastest player..

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I love Bess but he never breaks a tackle. NEVER. So I agree, it's a nice play every now and then but they run it way to much. I also agree that they should try to get the ball in Ginn's hands more.

dolfan7171 and PhiNomina like this.
  3. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    On passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage, Bess averages 5.5 yards - more or less a very effective run play.

But I agree - Bess' longest play on these screens is 14 yards; we don't seem to get big yardage out of these plays like other teams.

(After a quick check - Ginn's career long on these plays is 15 yards - he averaged about 8 yds per attempt in 07 but has been very pedestrian since. Bess has about as many passes behind the LOS this year as Ginn does in his 3 year career.)

Love to see Hartline get some chances - he has a mix of strength and speed that could be deadly.

eric and dolfan7171 like this.
  4. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Answer: Because Dan Henning is not a good offensive coordinator.

5. Finsfan333

Finsfan333 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Agreed. Would also like to see it go to hartline rather than bess , AND henning NEEDS TO GO. Theres just so many time throughout the course of our games that you just say ... really ? thats what you call there? REALLY? lol

cant believe we actually still have a chance , better than nothing makes the pitt game interesting atleast imo

dolfan7171 likes this.