1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R. Moss does not expect to be re-signed by Pats

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by padre31, Feb 21, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not Surprising, the Pats switched to that high octane style of offense and now are readjusting back to a power running game style of offense, maybe because Brady just is not "Brady" anymore and the pounding is getting to him.

Imho this also means the Pats go heavy on Offensive Linemen in this draft.

2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah I read something about that too.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/02/moss_doesnt_exp.html
    Incidentally, they drafted 3 OL last year. One of them Sebastian Vollmer saw significant playing time over the course of last season. After I read that I was kind of thinking RB and maybe WR.
    Can't help but wonder if Moss may be gone this year instead of next. At first thought, you think no way, they need Moss; with Welker recovering from injury etc. But Belichick may see it differently. He may be thinking back to when they had their "no name WRs" and won some SBs. He certainly had no problem getting rid of Seymour before he had a proven replacement. So...who knows?
    He can get a decent amount of quality players with those 3 2nd round picks.

padre31 likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He'll be a Viking if he hits FA.

4. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Since they won their first SB under BB they have NEVER been a running team and I dont expect they ever will. If Moss is not brought back I dont think its going to be because they want a more conservative offense, it will be because they no longer feel he is worth the cash they would have to pay to keep him.

Disnardo and MrClean like this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Jonathan Baldwin seems like the perfect replacemant for the Pats.

6. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    As long as he doesn't come to Miami. He's nearing the end of his game, and will want to go someplace to get a ring fast.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We are on the same page with that line of thinking, why would the Pats wait? Moss is due a large bonus in March, the pats are notoriously cheap and will jettison vets without warning (Rich Seymour) no matter if it weakens them short term.

Players like Thomas, Light, S Neal, Moss represent represent at least 20 million in salary.

For the Dolphins imho that means we have to shore up the run defense especially at NT and SLB.

late again likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    hopefully they dont go after ronnie b for that power running game :pity:

Silverphin likes this.
  9. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'd be sick to the point of diarrhea if that happens.

FinSane and SICK like this.
  10. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I can't see Rb going there.. not for the money, at least that is what he has said recenlty in the media....

He wants to stay here... but ...then who knows...:lol: