1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raiders secondary thin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    From PFT

...Cornerback David Amerson was able to take part in Wednesday’s practice...but any hope of a return to action grew dimmer as the week went on. Amerson was back on the sideline Thursday and ruled out....

First-round pick Gareon Conley remains out with a shin injury and Demetrius McCray will not play this week due to a knee injury. T.J. Carrie, Sean Smith and Dexter McDonald will be the corners available this weekend.

Safety Karl Joseph has been listed as questionable with the groin injury that kept him out last week, so the defensive backfield may be even thinner if things don’t go the right way for Joseph on Sunday morning.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    damn, with Parker back the offense should look much better..hopefully we use drake and Williams in the passing game..their better at that dept than ajayi.

3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Both Cutler and Parker were listed as questionable for the game. ....Parker missed three games with an ankle injury, but also practiced fully all week. Parker said he will be playing against Oakland and Gase said on Friday that Parker’s looked good.

Defensive ends Andre Branch and William Hayes and guard Jermon Bushrod also drew questionable tags despite full participation in practice.

4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    It's a good point. I hope our line affords Cutler enough time to test it.

Puka-head likes this.
  5. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    need to protect the qb to throw the ball, just saying

6. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What quarter does Parker come out of the game with an injury?

7. CanGasePlaybook

CanGasePlaybook Active Member

Oct 27, 2017
    I’m curious about which quarter Cutler comes out with an injury. It’s just a matter time time before he is hit with how bad this line is.

8. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Starting Cutler when Moore could start another game for us instead seems odd to me. There is no way Cutler doesn't take a few hits, unless he is dumping the ball off really quickly -which means the defense can sit on the quick routes and bubble screens. There are times the QB must stand in the pocket and take a hit to deliver a deeper pass but either Cutler risks aggravating his rib injury OR we limit the offense and chances for the big pass play.

I'm less worried about Parker, but he needs to stay healthy for the rest of the season or I'd be very reluctant to give him a big contract (when the time comes) with his injury history.

9. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Gase said in his interview yesterday that Cutler refuses to show any pain or complain when he's hurting, so the team isn't sure how hard to push him. They did say he looked great at practice but I don't think it's a given that he's going to start like Gase previously said. I would be very surprised if Cutler plays all four quarters.

Parker is still questionable but everything points to him playing.

I think the key to this week will be Drake and the outside run game- send him straight at their 2nd string corners until they're second guessing and we can attack vertically. I think it will be another very big day for Kenny Stills.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  10. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Not gonna matter if the line allows Khalil Mack in the backfield every play.

11. SocaCasualuk

SocaCasualuk Active Member

Sep 21, 2014
    U.K.
    DVP was cutlers go to guy, well his 1st and only read, and so I’m hoping that this is a good omen for us tomorrow. Also, with no ajayi, I suspect we will be checking down to drake and Williams to try and nullify their pass rush and our **** OLine.
    With Oakland’s weakness at pass defence and our inability to run the ball these are the areas we need to exploit.

12. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    That Moore Poore performance on national tv spoke volumes for Gase