Raiders vs Fins game day thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    400+ yards. Which other offenses do that? Yeah it didn’t turn into as many points as we expect but none of that was garbage time offense. If you put up 400 yards a game you most likely win. Give the Raiders credit. They came in and played pretty disciples on the road and forced turn overs and got pressure. It’s like you see things in a vacuum.

danmarino likes this.
  2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY

That was because of the turnovers.

3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Exactly. This game could have been a blow out. They came out a little flat. It happens.

4. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

I can’t see anything to answer. Since I only have 1 guy on ignore I know who made the post.

The guy is clearly a troll who has no intention of debating anything in good faith. Pretty sure he’s not even a Dolphins fan.

5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    all the time, it drives me insane. Screaming at the TV on those.

6. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    agreed. take the points!

7. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    anything we do\did east to west was not typically successful. Just wasted play calls. Believe there were 2 positive plays out of all they ran Going forward the team did pretty good on those plays.

8. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    and short side of the field, and where the defense is already packed in close. Terrible call

KeyFin likes this.
  9. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    He has looked really good. We have a good group of receivers

JJ_79 likes this.
  10. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    terrible play calling there. get the easy first down.

Hooligan likes this.
  11. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    He has been doing it for a while. I have professed my love for him, but his play calling is beginning to really piss me off.

Hooligan likes this.
  12. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    yards don't win games.

13. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    We won the game. Probably would not have won the game had the offense not done respectably outside of those key turnovers. Again, the offense wasn't "bad" per se, just bad relative to what we've done in the past.

14. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The top 10 teams in yards gained are all winning teams.

Berezo likes this.
  15. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    MM's play calling wasn't good. However, I think the oline play and Achane leaving early in the game really put him behind the 8 ball. I would assume that the game plan had to of been altered greatly with Achane out.

Tua needs to get back to his "icy" play. He seemed rattled at times today and was pressing too much. The oline (guards in particular) really let the offense down. Mostert had an admirable (85 yards) game considering he needed to break tackles on nearly every run. The INT Tua had was confusing to me as I haven't looked at the ALL-22 yet. Did he just way overthrow it, throw early due to pressure, or did the receiver slow up at some point? As some have so gleefully pointed out, Tua did have a dropped INT, but I've written this before, that's going to happen with this style of timing offense. More often than not it's led to great success. Due to the timing and anticipation of these types of plays we will see what looks like a bad pass when in reality it's a failure of the receiver to hit his mark or bad blocking forcing an early or late throw.

Tua had a 106 rating. Could have played better and was definitely "off" today. That's funny to say about a 106 rating. We are spoiled.

As a team they had around 100 yards rushing

Over 400 yards of offense

A missed FG, IMO, due to an unblocked guy coming in from the right leading to Sanders pushing the ball left

A turnover on downs due to bad play calling that should have been at least 3 points

And we can't have all these fumbles. Tua needs to learn to slide. I get that he maybe doesn't get the 1st down there if he slides, but a punt (well, maybe not with our punter) is better than a turnover.

A win against a motivated team with the 8th ranked passing defense, (12th in points allowed) while not having a great day filled with mistakes, injuries, and questionable play calling is what good teams do. Every team this season, except the Dolphins, have been upset by inferior teams. And the Dolphins have yet to peak. They have yet to play a complete game.

7 games left (4 at home). I think we beat the Titans and Commanders. Split against the Jets. Good chance the Jets come out flat on Friday as they got banged up last night and it looks like Wilson has been benched for who may be even a worse QB. So hopefully we can sweep them. Tua has yet to lose against the Jets or Ravens in his career. If we do beat the Titans, Commanders, Jets x1, and then at least 1 against the Cowboys, Bills, or Ravens that's 11 wins and will most likely that will win the AFCE. I don't see the Bills going 6-0 the rest of the way and winning 11 games. If we sweep the Jets, beat the Commanders and Titans, and beat 2 out of the 3 against the Cowboys, Ravens, and Bills that could potentially give us the #2 seed. I don't see KC winning less than 13 games this year and they hold the tiebreaker with us.

16. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Apparently the interception was a miscommunication between him and Waddle. It was explained that Waddle had an option route to go deep or cut in. He cut in while Tua thought he was continuing deep.

danmarino likes this.
  17. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Makes sense, because we've been told since day one of Tua's career that he would never be able to overthrow a receiver, what with his infantile arm and all. :glare:

18. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    106 passer rating = trash to trolls. lol

I get you don't like that word, but it fits. Look at his posts. He's not a Dolphins fan. He just can't be. Expecting perfection each and every game is not rational. Read my recent, post game, long post. There's plenty of criticism to throw at Tua this game, but saying he's "just not good" and "trash" is just trolling. There's no rationale for that. None. He's a troll. There are others here taht do the same. And I guarantee you if Tua had a perfect game today he would say nothing about him and claim it was all Tyreek or someone else on offense being the reason for him playing well. Yet when Tua has a 106 passer rating day, with some mistakes, he's all over the mistakes and ignores any good plays.

19. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    IMO, Waddle made the correct decision since the safety was deep.

ATTENTION NON-TUA FANS, I'M BLAMING TUA FOR THE INT. Let's see if I get killed in replies.....

20. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    They said Tua threw the ball before Waddle made his choice to run shallow or deep. Tua assumed deep. If you follow the path Waddle was on, the throw was really not that bad, just in the wrong place.

danmarino likes this.
  21. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah, really shows just how good the D was. Just the one Adams play, and that white receiver turning into Gale Sayers's and Barry Sanders's love child for a play. While being put in tuff spots repeatedly by the O.

danmarino likes this.
  22. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Big step actually admitting he made a mistake. Congratulations!

23. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Every player makes at least one mistake in every game. They're not out there in a vacuum and the other team has a say in that, too. Tua isn't an exception to that rule. He, and all QB's, make mistakes in every single game. An error can be a bad pass, a misread, a fumble, an INT, but those things are not always on just the QB. A great defensive play on the ball, a strip sack due to a missed block, a tipped pass, drops, etc. should all be looked at. Now, we do see unforced errors by all players at times. Some more than others. Players like Tua, Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce, Hurts, Purdy, etc, seem to have lees of those and that's why they have the stats/numbers that they do.

FinFaninBuffalo likes this.
  24. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    It isn't the first time, but thanks.

dolphin25 likes this.
  25. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020

Fishhead likes this.
  26. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    This defense is really rounding into shape. It’s this fact that has my optimism level higher than it’s usually at this time of year. Most of the best teams in the league right now are being led by their defense, and the fact that we are in that same category makes me think we can make some noise in the playoffs. If the OL can ever get healthy, we can kick some serious ***. Nobody in this league is truly dominant to the point where they should be feared.