1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Firesole, Mar 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I know this game had its own review thread at the other place, but since I couldn't find on ehere I wanted to throw in my own 2 cents.

I know I'm late in reviewing this game, but last night was the first chance I had to play since my console decided to show me some red lights.

I noticed that the game takes place almost simutaneously as the first Vegas game. They mentioned that Logan (the main charcter in the 1st) was actively in Mexico searching for Irena. That threw me for a loop. I was really hoping to continue on with the story line from Vegas 1, where we were left with a cliff hanger on top of the Hoover Damn. (actually that map wasn't the dam, but you catch my drift)

I've only played for a few hours, and I'm into act 3 or 4 now. So far I'm not digging the story line at all. Other than seeing my team fail to rescue an arena full of hostages who end up getting bombed with chemical agents, I am not interested in the story.

The gameplay is almost exactly like #1, except that now you can sprint for short distances. I do like this option, especially when you see the AI tossing a frag your way. I haven't tried the co-op yet ,but I am looking forward to the new feature.

I do like the new exp system. I like being able to level up during the story mode. Most players from Veags 1 never even played the story, they just continually played multiplayer and there are exploits in how you can level up characters that way.

All in all, I'm not real happy with the game. Hopefully when I get to play some multiplayer those feelings might change, because of course thats the main reason I bought it. I'm really hoping that it includes some old school RVS maps like they advertised.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Thanks, I haven't finished the first game yet. :no:

3. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    haahhahahaha :tongue2:

Do you want me to tell you what the cliffhanger is? :shifty:

How far along are you with the 1st?

4. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I rented it and beat it, not a bad storyline and pretty good single player mode.

5. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    Did you beat it on realistic? How long did it take you?

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX

I'm stuck. I can't tell you exactly where I am, but it is pretty far I think.

7. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    Did your partner get killed yet? O wait, I wasn't supposed to tell you that. OOOOOPs....

LOL j/k that doesn't happen.

or does it?

8. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    nah played it on normal becuase I needed to be able to beat it before I took it back, as for time length im not real sure I went forth a lot. I had troubles on normal mode at points realistic definitely would of took longer.

9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    yeah, my felings are bleh for this one too

10. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    I must be getting burned out on FPS games then. Nothing seems to excite me about them anymore.

I am pumped for Gears 2, but that is primarily for the storyline and the story mode of the game. Maybe I should get into WoW! LOL.

11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I don't think it's that... I think RB6 is really that dull

12. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I am the same I find myself enjoying, rts and rpgs far more now than I use to.

13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I really, really like R6V2. I had the first Vegas, and I didn't play it nearly as much as I'm playing this one. Most of my time, though, is spent playing Terrorist Hunt online, or the regular multiplayer online...haven't played the story much. I can tell you, however, that the story mode is pretty brutal on Realistic.

14. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    Why would you say that you enjoy this much better than Vegas 1? I only ask because I've played R6 since its inception on the PC, and really those things you mentioned above are all a constant in this series. I've always enjoyed the terrorist hunts or a multiplayer online with friends, but is it really that much better than Vegas 1?

15. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I like the look of the game and the smoothness but IMO, the controls SUCK. I'm so used to C.O.D. that I'm finding it difficult to learn a new button configuration.

16. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    So how many times have you fragged yourself?

17. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I beat it last night. Being that it was co-op, it was entertaining. I couldn't imagine playing through that alone.... It's just a lame game. The story was nowhere near as gripping as the first.

18. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    LOL...almost every time I play I accidentally throw a grenade.

19. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    It was pretty much more of the same IMO. Not that it's a bad thing or anything. And I like the tweaks they made to co-op. Still didn't like fumbling over the controls when instead of barking orders or switching weapons, I throw a grenade... At $39, it's not bad for a new game purchase coughunlessyou'reillegallydownloadingitcough. :shifty: