1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rams trading pick

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Feb 27, 2012.

1. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    To who, that is unknown.

Per Schefter

2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    stunna

3. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Saw that also. Says they're looking for 2004 chargers type compensation for the pick also. Which was 2 first rounders, a 3rd and 5th round pick.

4. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Eli Manning compensation is doable, I'm game.

5. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

So they like Bradford?

6. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    As in they are going to trade it now... or later?

7. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    NYG had the #4 pick in the draft in 2004, Miami has the #8 pick. Miami would probably have to throw in 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, plus???

DON'T DO IT Ireland!!!

Even RG3 saying he doesn't want a team to have to give up a ton to get him, he wants those peaces in place..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/st...ms-decide-trade-no-2-overall-pick-sources-say

2nd video to play at 2:40 in

8. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I would trade the entire draft for RG3..He's gonna be that good.

9. smahtaz

That's why you are here with the rest of us.

10. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Sounds reasonable to me too!!!!

11. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    So your argument against is that you dont know any more than anyone else, just like him?

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The chances of the Colts passing on Luck are about the same as the chances of Rick Santorum converting to Islam.

SICK, Jcouch1021, DHPVW and 5 others like this.
  13. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Uh huh...Let me guess, RG3 is so good he can hike the ball to himself, bounce pass it off a DL head, catch it and run it in for a TD. No blocking needed. Then he will drop-kick the extra point.

I like RG3, but the picks it would take to obtain him is just a "bad idea."

14. smahtaz

I wouldn't call it an arguement. I just know I don't have anywhere near the information the teams have. Gambling an entire draft plus another 1st round pick next year is like going all in on an inside straight draw.

15. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. This isn't really news. Its been widely assumed they wanna trade the pick.
    2. RG3 is the real deal. I should know. I'm the genius who proclaimed that Cam Newton would dominate the NFL. RG3 makes me tingly in the same places!
    3. Who cares if RG3 doesn't want a team to give up the farm for him? That is irrelevant.
    4. Our offense is a QB & a RT from being a top-10 unit.

16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    If that's what theyre looking for in the way of compensation... Id rather take my chances with Matt Flynn if he's not tagged. If we were just a QB away from contending, then it's a different story. We need many more pieces. A RT, another WR, and some pieces on D... like a safety for instance. All around, we need more playmakers.

Hiruma78, cdz12250 and The G Man like this.
  17. smahtaz

Hey, Brad Johnson completed a TD pass to himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqNG3tl7Aw

And Doug Flutie (one of RGIII's idols btw) pulled off the drop kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Jsz-fSNd4

So it's not impossible.

But I do agree it's a shaky idea at best

18. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Cam Newton showed he COULD be dominant in the NFL but he far from dominated the NFL last year.

RG3 could be excellent but selling the farm for him is setting the team up for failure. UNLESS it is a gaurantee and its not.

Boik14 and smahtaz like this.
  19. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    Think Charlie Ward. Just say NO to RG3!

smahtaz likes this.
  20. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    What was Carolina's record again? Dominated???? Hardly.

21. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    OT: Saying this as a Cane and Heat fan, Charlie Ward can go suck a bag of ****s in hell.

MAFishFan, Ozzy and ToddsPhins like this.
  22. smahtaz

I thought Newton was the real deal also. Newton is 6'5"/250 lbs. and RGIII is 6'2"/220. I'm thinking you get tingly in much the same way as Kim Kardashian. They have very little in common as far as skillsets are concerned.

23. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Yes, you were the only person in the world that was high on Newton. congratulations.

I was not sold on Newton, but I believe it was Simon's reviews that convinced me otherwise, plus watching Newton play the SEC champ and BCS, you could tell he had the whole package, physical, mental and all the intangibles. I have still yet to be convinced that RGIII has all 3, I see it as more like 1.5-2 range. Like I've been saying, and CK said it even better, he'd win us some games, excite the fanbase, but IMO, it would be short lived because he's not a franchise QB.

24. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Ok, we all know that Washintons big time spending owner will get the #2 pick from the Rams. Even though our owner has the money to compete with him he won't and has proved that in the past. He doesn't even talk a good game most times. All the football gods and reporters believe that Manning will be a dolphin! Anyone actually believe that?

25. Ozzy

Im going to go out on a limb and say that Andrew Luck is going to dominate the NFL

jazz, Ohio Fanatic and djphinfan like this.
  26. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Perhaps Philbin views Griffin as his Aaron Rodgers.

27. Ozzy

I really like Griffin but I wont sell the farm for him. A few acres sure.......

Boik14, ToddsPhins and slickj101 like this.
  28. smahtaz

As a Noles alum, I like it.

29. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Hate the idea of selling the farm for a single player.

There's few I'd do it for, but RG3 I think is one of gem. The guy is smart, has a great arm, great personality, and is very accurate. He's jus solid IMO and we'd be lucky to have him on our team. I personally think he's got a shot at being the best QB in the draft.

30. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

So you're saying there's a chance?

31. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Let me be perfectly clear: Cam and RG3 do not make me tingly simply because they are black. I was not a fan of Pat White, nor was I an advocate of josh freeman. Rather, I would argue that the default opinion of scouts/fans SHOULD HAVE BEEN universal praise him. However, prejudices made many compare him to Jamarcus Russell, a fat, lazy dude who had a few great games.

I also think Luck is gonna be a superstar. But thats akin to saying Lebron's the real deal back in 2003. No ****!

Boik14 likes this.
  32. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I could very easily see him becoming in Miami under Philbin what Rodgers became in GB.

Ozzy likes this.
  33. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

That's what I'm saying. Griffin was super accurate like Rodgers is. The thing about Griffin's amazing completion percentage, is the amount of deep throws he hit and his YPA. 72.4% AND a 10.68 YPA. That's insane. To compare, Luck had 71.3% on 8.71 YPA. Still a great number, but RG3 having such a high percentage with so many deep shots is incredible. Weeden had 72.3% on 8.23 YPA. Griffin is more athletic than Rodgers. Rodgers is a great athlete, but Griffin is on another level.

He does need some fine tuning on his movement, but it can be worked on. What I love about his movement, is he uses his feet not to jailbreak run, but to set up an easier passing lane, something that Rodgers does well. Rodgers' athleticism allows him to beat a rush and draw coverage toward him while still looking for the open man. Multiply his threat level by 3 and you get RG3. Griffin is also virtually the same height and weight of Rodgers and I don't hear anyone calling Rodgers too small.

I just see so much of Rodgers in RGIII.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  34. Ozzy

So does Luck make you tingly?

35. Ozzy

I can see him being better. I can also tell you I need reading glasses though.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  36. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I do too. It's almost a perfect comparison IMO, but like you said, Griffin gets the edge in physical ability.

I see no reason why good NFL coaching can't fine tune his mechanics to make his accuracy impressive at the NFL level as well as improve his arm strength even further.

Plus, he's a likable guy. Teammates will want to follow him into battle and not let him down, and with RG3 at QB you know players will believe all the more in themselves and will be more inclined to work harder b/c of Griffin's ability to make things happen. Perhaps part of the reason GB's Oline does so well is they feel they have a better incentive to be block for Rodgers, and in return feel rewarded and important with all the production that offense gets. If I'm an olineman and I know my efforts have a better chance of leading to a big play or TD, then I'm gonna work all that much harder. I don't see that happening with Flynn in the same sense, not remotely.

djphinfan likes this.
  37. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Comparing RG3 with Rodgers is pure fail. The Rodgers clone is Luck.

amazing how an obvious comparison stares people right int he face and they still miss it. RG3 is not the prospect that Luck is, not close. Funny that people buy into the hype.

38. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    lol. So what you're saying is when he's throwing a 50 yard TD pass you won't be able to make out his nameplate? :shifty:

:tongue2:

Ozzy likes this.
  39. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Where do you get that from? And don't say CNN or some crud like that...... or your neighbor.... or the kid who sits next to you on the bus. :shifty:

amazing how a newbie pops off w/o bothering to rationalize his beliefs as if he's above it.
    Maybe people "miss" the comparison because it's not actually there. Ever think of that, Sherlock?

Funny, I could say the same thing about Luck regarding you. :wink2:
    Run along now. And watch some film while you're at it.

smahtaz and djphinfan like this.
  40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Duh.
    Rodgers has a neck beard. Luck has a neck beard.
    Ergo Rodgers = Luck.

Why can't you see that?

ToddsPhins likes this.