1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Ramblings about the team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

-Great Win today. I watched the game at a 49ers bar and was able to get them to turn one of the channels to the Dolphins game specifically for me ( I know the owner). Needless to say, everyone in there thought looked at me like I was some ADHD kid hopped up on Ritalin when Ginn busted those kick returns.

-I then made the mistake of screaming about how Mark Sanchez sucks and how the Jets suck and how USC is the suckiest bunch of sucks ever. The owner ( A Trojan) told me that another outbust like that and he was going to charge double for my beer. I piped down after that.

-Tony Sparano is now 7-2 against the AFC East. With three games left to go this year, he is guarenteed to end his second year with a winning record against our division rivals. At worst he will be 7-5. It feels good to have a coaching know which games are truly the most important, and then go out and win them.

- 4+ games in a row of 30 or more points. That ties a franchise record. Pretty surprising for a couple of reasons. A: I would have thought that Marino in his heyday would have strung together more than four games of 30, and B: We are doing it with a team that focuses on running the ball as the first and second option. Granted, today's game was a tad different due to the nature of the scoring, but impressive nonetheless.

-The streak is officially a streak now. Three games in a row against the Jets and a win to close out the Meadowlands.

- Ronnie looked rather sluggish and heavy today for some reason. In contrast, Ricky is running, seemingly angry. He honestly looks amazing out there, even if the yardage wasn't there today. That is saying a lot from a self professed Ricky hater.

- Davone Bess must have put on Ginn's receiving gloves the last couple of weeks. His mistakes and drops are so out of character for him, that I was actually doing a double take that it was him commiting them. His play has really dropped off since Pennington went down. Hopefully that is just a coincidence and not indicative of whats to come.

- Henne's future is bright. The poor guy only has himself to blame for a couple of the sacks today (he held the ball WAY too long), but his poise is top notch and he seems to know which buttons to push and where to go with the ball. Plus he has a cannon. Sitting next to some Niner fans today, a couple of them would occasionally watch the Miami game for a minute. Henne rifled a pass that caught the attention of the fans who asked me who he was. It was pretty cool, to say the least.

-I liked the chippy-ness of the game today, although Yeremiah Bell got away with a blatant headbutt early on. He really should have been flagged. Speaking of our safeties, Gibril Wilson played well as the blitzing safety. We really need to see more of that and less of him in coverage.

-I still don't know how Sean Smith didn't pick that ball off.

-I still maintain that he stripped that ball from Edwards before he was in.

- Soliai is making a case for himself to be the starting NT THIS YEAR, let alone next. I think we will be in good hands once Ferguson retires. And Soliai needs to give a portion of whatever future money he makes to Jason. It is obvious to me that the old vet has been nothign but a positive influence on him. Kudos to Soliai for turning it around after coming this close to being waived.

- Our secondary isn't the best right now, but the triuvant of rookies will pay dividends going forward. Seeing the dreaded one out there and playing decently was fantastic. We just got to get our third round receiver on the field to contribute soon and I think we can consider this rookie class to be quite the success.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

2. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Great post man,I really like that we have turned our fortunes around vs the Jets,our Fins finally have the upper hand. I also think they played it right on defense today especially with the safeties. I agree on your point Henne is the future,he knows how to be calm and make throws when they are needed. He is not perfect,but he is on his way to being our franchise qb.

3. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Great Post

I think Nate Jones also warrants a shout out today. The guy seemed to be all over the field especially in the first half.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    great post, per usual sam.

some notes i want to mention.....

- jason taylor has been great this season, 5.5 sacks (this season).....and a HUGE fumble return for a touchdown......i know JT has got some flack by some people here....but he is truly happy to be back, and always is around the ball to make a play. good to see him back. and with 9 games remaining it is not inconceivable to see him pass 10+ sacks. which imo would be incredible.

-on the other hand....joey porter....was no where. again. maybe his injury is still lingering, if so....cam wake needs some more playing time. porter made some nice tackles on run plays, and i know of one specifically he made where the RB looked to have alot of green if he reached the next level....but from a pass rushing stand point.....porter was non-existent. hope to see him pick it up against new england....no better place to start then foxboro against tom brady (just dont hit him too hard joey)

-randy starks played fantastic. again. this guy is a pimp.....i love seeing 94 on the field.....everytime he makes a play, you know it.....also a few times i saw langford get off a block to close up a running lane....hes doing well.

-chris clemmons was all around the ball today, and involved in some tackles on special teams....and even got on the field on defense....unfortunatley he looked terrible on that jericho cotchery 56 yard play......but hes a rookie, those will come....

-ricky like you said looks young, and hungry.....great to see. ginn was amazing on kick returns. amazing. the second one i was scared ****less to see a flag......i thought for sure the refs would be like "no way he gets 2 in a row, that doesnt happen, there must be holding.." and call some ticky tacky bull****. but thankgod it never happened.

-our offensive play calling was ******ed. i understand benching ginn.....but is it worth it? 3rd down and joey ****ing haynos is out wide at WR? really? comon henning. 3rd and long.....a tightend screen to what seemed to be a very slow anthony fasano. comon!!!!!!!! just very annoying, seemed to get away from power running. I-Form, ronnie up the gut......didnt attack kris jenkins replacement enough imo, but they were prepared for that probably. just a few times the play calling and formations made me scratch my head.....i have been negative on ginn, but our offense missed him immensley yesterday, revis on camarillo or bess is a loss for us. period.

-good game.....good win....3-4 and 3-0 in the division.....next week is NOT a must win imo......on the road....we still have pats @ home with a chance to split.....we have to win the games we are supposed to win (tampa, tenn, jax, car, buf, houston) and split with NE.......we can get 10 wins. get lucky and beat pitt (last game maybe they are resting starters) and we can win 11. but....take 1 game at a time. this win was huge....but lets prepare for new england!

good job boys!!!

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    offense was a bit out of sorts across the board for whatever reason
    but the team came through & GinnJr. began his to fulfiil the promise
    Go Fish!:dolphin:
    kudos to Stark & JT, looks like we missed Crowder in the middle:up:

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Yeah. I agree. He appeared out of nowhere it seemed the last two weeks but I am very impressed with what he brought the last two weeks. Great effort and deserves recognition
    :up:

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Pretty much nailed it Sam. Soliai and Starks were absolute monsters. That forced fumble on the JT return was a thing of beauty. He wrapped the guy up, knew he was gonna get help from his buddies, and went for the strip.

Yes, we definitely miss Ginn in the passing game. The Jets might not fear Ginn, but they have to respect him. Henne had no one the throw to all game, although he did miss a couple open receivers, most notably Hartline on the first posession. Not bad for his first career road start though.

8. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Agreed on the playcalling and forget the personnell but I cant believe how many one receiver sets we had. On a day the Jets made it obvious they were selling out to stop the run and we are going with one
    receiver sets? Also the wildcat had better develop some pass plays very quick (Pat White or Thigpen?). The CBs are attacking the corners now and we will have zero effectiveness until we can prove we can burn the defenses deep with some passes

Overall just idiotic playcalling and we will have to improve big time to have a shot at New Enmgland next week. Hopefully we have saved our passing wildcat for them

SICK likes this.
  9. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I have to agree with every word. We seemed to outhink ourselves. I have a very funny feeling..very..that we will show some things next week in New England that we have not shown yet. I also think it will most def involve Tyler Thigpen. I just have a gut feeling..we showed the Wildcat last year against them..Just look to see if Thigpen is the 2nd QB next week.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    - JT going back to Miami us like when Zo came back to the Heat, both players loved it here and are true team players

-Henning drove me nuts yesterday

- The OL wont paly that bad next week, Sparano is an OL coach first and foremost and he will get on them.

- Lets see if Ginn gets ona role on BOTH aspects of his game

- Our Secondary will be sick in the years to come.

SICK likes this.
  11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Hahaha...Dude, I completely freaked on Ginn's first TD at the bar, so much so that everyone just shut up and stared at me...Then I continued to do a mock motrboat/"bird is the word" mouth shake that emphasized that not only did I not care that I was making an *** out of myself but that I was going to wallow in that moment...I did pipe down after that but, trust me, everyone paid attention when Ginn pulled off that sick second TD.

SICK likes this.