1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random thoughts heading into Buffalo..and beyond

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Nov 27, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To me, we have just passed another Byw Week, credit to HC Sparano for winning two games in 5 days and looking solid while doing so, but there is a bit of a difference coming off of this bye week, 6 games are left, win them all and we are AFC East Champions.

-Rewatched the Dolphins v Jets, the first game, and Ricky took a beautiful screen pass 50+ yds...but what happened? We haven't run a decent screen since then.

-Have to wonder about how many CFL fans will show up in Wilson Stadium to cheer on Cameron Wake, from what I understand Wake was a bit of LT and Reggie White mixed into one in the CFL.

-To me, Kory Sheets has to make an appearance in this game, maybe in a screen pass, but three big backs, Williams Hillard and Polite, you have to have someone who can act as a change of pace back.

-Who else recalls late season games in Buffalo being something Dolphins fans used to dread? We'd start out 5-2 and just...collapse..and everyone saw it coming..

-Fred Jackson is now returning kickoffs and punts for the Bills, they could have dumped Roscoe Parrish and they just will not do it, I'd love to have him in Miami.

-Gotta respect the Bills a bit, any team with two Wr like Evans and Owens as well as Lynch is a threat for a big play

-looks like Bills ST coach Bobby April will be out in Buffalo, he is one of the best, but they passed him over for the interim Head Coach job, and his title was "Assistant Head Coach"

-Pats and Saints is such an important game for us.

-Why does ESPN hate the dolphins? Or at least constantly give us no shot at winning? Their party line now is "there is no real scenario where the Patriots don't win the division", this with the Saints game and hosting the Pats at home the following week..

-Joe Berger starting at Center? Year 6 and he rates his first start?

-Will the real Joey Porter please stand up? Is he the guy who vanished for 3 games, or the 2 sack guy who played in the Panthers game?

Feel free to add on, criticize, talk about the Buffalo Weather, or the Miami weather for next Sunday...

gafinfan, TiP54, djphinfan and 4 others like this.
  2. RunRickyRun

RunRickyRun New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I'm in the mood for some wings everytime we play Buffalo.

Personally, I'm more interested in how Ricky will be recieved in Toronto then anything else. He did play for the Argonaughts for a few months.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's in Canada again? Sweet!

4. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I thought the game was in Buffalo?

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait. Yeah it is :/

6. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Good stuff, padre...

It's time to break out anything and everything they might have been saving in that playbook. We keep this winning streak going for two more games and we'll find ourselves in position to control our own fate. A Pats loss Sunday and a Miami win at Buffalo and we're back to being able to say once again that the division title come thru Miami.

Even if it cut into his number of carries, I'd like to see them get him VERY involved in the passing game. If he was, he'd probably be the leading receiver..
    Been hearing about that too....supposedly he's got a big following

Not sure if we'll see it vs Buffalo, but I would have to think that they are working on the wildcat, getting guys like Hilliard and Sheets involved. Hell let Ginn take a snap or two....no one can replace Brown in that lead role, but there's still teeth on that kitty, right team, right team.

There was a time when just the word Buffalo made me nauseous.

We have to look back and just do what we did last year......just go out there and take it, regardless of what ppl may think.

I think I could have done without knowing that.......scary stuff

It would be easier to guess how many marbles it would take to fill Lake Okeechobee

Him running his mouth regardless is a pretty sure bet tho......backing all that talk is something we could use right now

djphinfan and padre31 like this.
  7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    -Gotta respect the Bills a bit, any team with two Wr like Evans and Owens as well as Lynch is a threat for a big play

This is my biggest concern.The rookies here have been getting better BUT i hope we don't get burned on those big plays,it only takes a few.

-Why does ESPN hate the dolphins? Or at least constantly give us no shot at winning? Their party line now is "there is no real scenario where the Patriots don't win the division", this with the Saints game and hosting the Pats at home the following week..

Everyone i hear seems to think the Pats are going to be the Saints worst nightmare.The Pats are on top of the world and the Phins are just some other team. Makes me mad listening to them. Just MAD!!!

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Here is what bugs me:

[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4690758"]Countdown Daily AccuScore Report: NE-NO - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

The Saints win the simulations 58% of the time, I think what it boils down to is the NY teams are collapsing, the Jets are reeling, the Giants are as well, they have to keep interest up in the last Northeastern team because the media market up there is just massive.

xphinfanx likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ive never heard a team do more *** kissing then the saints have done over the past week...its a love fest...hope it works for them.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Good point about the bye week.

I noticed that about our screen plays too. The screen is probably my favorite play to watch. I think it demonstrates the beauty of an offense working in sync. Anyway, our screens were horrible with CP and then suddenly decent for a game or two under Henne. I thought that Henne just seemed to have the right rhythm for it. Then they went to crap again. I just don't get it.

The bills have big receiving threats. In the NFL you can never over look a team that has those. The rules are simply designed to always keep passing teams in it.

11. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    all solid points. i dont really think there will be any fans rooting on cam wake in that stadium tommorow unless theyre supporting the phins. I can tell you that there really arent any CFL fans in western new york even though one would think that there would be. Most of the people going to the game will be from either the Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse areas. Not many come from canada, its not worth it. Especially when the team has a losing record.

firedan and padre31 like this.
  12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    One thing I meant to add into my column was Ronnie Brown certainly isn't injury prone, but he is prone to freak injuries. You never hear about or see listed a sore hamstring, turf toe, bruised ribs, etc. but a broken thumb, a torn ACL while making a tackle and breaking his foot this year all just seem a little bit more out of the ordinary.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Brown in the offseason.

gafinfan and Rhody Phins Fan like this.
  13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ignore the bold and read your first sentence again. :)

RoninFin4 likes this.
  14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we'd do well not to lose touch w/reality
    we are a second year rebuilding franchise
    an average NFL team as we stand @ 5/5

what we do to separate us from the rest of the NFL
    average teams, is play the game brutally & w/ purpose

the Tampa Bay game was one to remember, not forget
    when we bring less than everything we have to the field
    we simply are an average team, playing like any other
    our strength lies in collective intensity, brutality & purpose

can't afford to play the Bills @ their house w/o character
    have to dominate the trenches & beat them into submission

I believe we'll not walk on the field like we did in Tampa
    but like we did in our game against the Carolina Panthers.
    this is how we win:deadhorse:

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rewatched the Carolina game this morning and what struck me is, the Orca 5 finally played pretty much a whole game as a standard offensive line, and they were blowing the Panthers off of the ball.

Ricky W lined up as a normal Rb and we just pounded the Panthers, in fact, we are quite good at that style of offense and it will be interesting to see if they continue running I type formations and just line up and surge.

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    smash in the mouth, let there be blood, no apologies football
    it begins in the trenches. my concern is that the trenches continue to win
    w/ the rash of injuries inflicted on them after playing the Panthers

this is how we win :yes: take it away & we are just another 500 team

gafinfan likes this.