1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Kiper's 2015 GML Mock Draft [Edition Two | Part Three]

Discussion in '2015 GM League Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Mar 21, 2015.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    021. Oakland - LA'EL COLLINS, OT, LSU
    The Raiders sent Khalil Mack packing... for some reason... so they'll use one of the draft selections they gained on an offensive lineman! Menelik Watson is terrible and Austin Howard belongs at right tackle. Collins gives them some versatility with their line.

022. Pittsburgh - MAXX WILLIAMS, TE, MINNESOTA
    The Steelers don't have an awful lot at tight end. Heath Miller is a solid starter however he isn't getting any younger and Taylor Thompson is just a strong role player. Williams will give Roethlisberger a big and athletic target to go well with his receivers.

023. Detroit - TODD GURLEY, RB, GEORGIA
    I was going to pick defensive tackle again but the last time I did that, the Detroit GM egged my house... So this time they'll take Todd Gurley because they like this upside and they traded for Derek Carr so they're willing to be patient.

024. Arizona - ERECK FLOWERS, OT, MIAMI
    The Cardinals prefer that Carson Palmer stays healthy for a full season because they've seen what happens when back up quarterbacks take over. They'll select Flowers and pencil him in at left tackle considering themselves done with that position.

025. Carolina - LANDON COLLINS, S, ALABAMA
    The Panthers will look to Landon Collins to take over at strong safety while they move Antrel Rolle to free safety. Collins will hope to move past the dreaded overrated Alabama player syndrome and become a good starter in the NFL.

026. Baltimore - ARIK ARMSTEAD, DE, OREGON
    Baltimore will inject some youth into their defense with the selection of Arik Armstead. Armstead is a length big man out of Oregon who should be able to put on more weight and become a force as a 5 tech defensive end.

027. Dallas - KEVIN JOHNSON, CB, WAKE FOREST
    The Cowboys are pretty thin at cornerback, they have a few strong contributors but they definitely need to continue building the position. Kevin Johnson is arguably the best cornerback in the draft with his natural coverage skills.

028. Atlanta - MELVIN GORDON, RB, WISCONSIN
    The Atlanta GM is all about big names so he'll select the biggest name at running back right now: Melvin Gordon. While Latavius Murray is a talented back, he's not ready to be a full time starter. A duo of Gordon and Murray should be a strong combination.

029. Tampa Bay - SHAQ THOMPSON, LB, WASHINGTON
    The Bucs are still pretty pissed off at the Chargers for putting in an offer on Jerrell Freeman... they'll have to compromise with a fan favorite at linebacker: Shaq Thompson. Where he lacks in size, he makes up for it in his coverage skills.

030. Oakland - OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA, DE, UCLA
    Oakland needs all the help they can get in the pass rush department so they'll select the athletic freak out of UCLA... Owamagbe Odighizuwa. This guy (I'm not typing his name again) excels against the run and can rush the passer.

031. Seattle - BERNARDRICK MCKINNEY, LB, MISSISSIPPI STATE
    After trading away Bobby Wagner, the Seahawks will need a replacement to man the middle. McKinney may be considered a reach at this point but what's new with Seattle? McKinney is a physical freak and is a perfect fit for Pete Carroll.

032. Arizona - BRESHAD PERRIMAN, WR, CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Arizona wants a big time receiver after they traded away Larry Fitzgerald. Breshad Perriman is exactly what they're looking for. Perriman will provide an instant impact in the redzone and give Palmer another target that he desperately needs.

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Yeah DL that's where I'm going! A place where I'm 3 deep at every spot on the line and have a pro bowl DE and two young studs at NT and Open End in Williams and Jernigan. :rolleyes:

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    good thing I don't pick until #35, because I don't know who these players are.

4. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    How could the Lions pass on a player like Malcom Brown in this scenario?

:tongue2:

5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    So GIK is merely following suit then eh? :p

6. indecisivepizza

indecisivepizza New Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm not sure I'm pissed that Sean made an offer, but rather that he made that offer (also I think i'd be more confused if i wasn't so perplexed by it). Still, good chance Tampa Bay grabs a LB in the first two or three rounds.

7. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'll admit it, but only because if you look at my roster it's blatantly obvious. Yah Kevin could be in play there. Not my #1 choice or even #2....but he's on the short list.