1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Starks Arrested

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PerfectTeam, May 24, 2009.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Believe it or not, Baltimore actually ran for more yards in the playoff game, at a higher yards per attempt. They pretty much did what they wanted in both games unfortunately. I haven't brought myself to watch the playoff game again. But if you get a chance, look at that first Baltimore game again. Starks actually played well and had a season-high (for the NT position) 5 tackles. Definitely did us proud.

When Starks would come off the field in the second half, it was Lionel Dotson who stepped in at the nose. One of two games the rookie was active for. And Starks continued to see time on third downs.

On the final TD drive, when Balt was in the redzone, our DL was Langford | Dotson | Merling. That's a tough situation all around. Especially when you're two ends had admittedly hit the rookie wall already.

I definitely give Ferguson credit. We were lucky to have him last year. But with the pass rush being one of our glaring weaknesses, I think we have to give credit to a guy that did his part in that area all year long, as well as being strong against the run.

I don't wish this be swept under the rug. But I do want to see all the facts that come out before the punishment is determined.

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I really think that using the word "assault" in this incident is out of line.

Negligence seems to be a better fit IMO.

Obviously, we don't know all the details. But, I find it hard to believe that Starks knowingly drove his truck into a cop for no apparent reason.

3. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I hope the front office cuts his *** on the spot once proven guilty. This is a measuring stick for the Front Office. Do they allow this type of mentality on the team? It's shows his lack of character.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Saw this on PFT. Probably more like what he was driving. Probably people in the back as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBQ1S1RPt4"]YouTube - Ride Big in Style: 2006 Freightliner Sport Chassis Pickup[/ame]

Makes more sense, as I read this morning that the cop initially banged on the "back" passenger window of the vehicle. This has one.

5. mikethewreck

mikethewreck just a fan...

May 10, 2009
    Vero Beach, FL
    Wouldn't this be Miami Beach police?

6. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    If thats the truck (which indeed fits the report as a truck that seats four, rather than a van), then its highly likely he never saw the officer, and sheer luck he didn't crush him against the other car, or simply roll over him.

If there were any riders in the rear, or bed, the cop probably wouldn't have had to chase him a block down the street on foot, or climb up, to tap on the glass. Thirteen is a ridiculous number, but that king cab is definitely bigger than any standard passenger truck.

7. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    one game suspension. appeal it down to a fine, BOOM

8. mikethewreck

mikethewreck just a fan...

May 10, 2009
    Vero Beach, FL
    All I can convict him of at this point is bad judgment (being on South Beach on hip-hop weekend with bad tags and 13 people in his Freightliner). The facts may look very different when we hear the other side (and there were a bunch of witnesses in the truck, I'm sure lap girl had a great seat to watch the action). I'd like to let the case be judged on its merits, charges may even get dropped or pled down to the vehicular charges. I do hope that Randy gets a reprimand and a warning from the organization and looks at who he is hanging with. Too many NFL'ers have been taken down (or almost taken down) by poor choices encouraged by bad friends (Vick, Pac Man Jones).