1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ranking the coordinators

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Jan 31, 2010.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Bit of a old article. I apologize if its been posted. I dont necessarily agree with all the rankings but I did find it interesting nontheless

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/04/ranking-the-defensive-coordinators

3. Mike Nolan / Broncos — Arguably the best move Josh McDaniels made in the offseason was hiring Nolan to coordinate the defense and fix a broken pass defense that Mike Shanahan could never correct despite investing heavily in it. Using a heavy defensive rotation has allowed Elvis Dumervil to flourish, becoming the NFL's leading sack artist. SCOUT'S TAKE: "My hat is off to him. If anyone thought they would be able to do what they have done defensively with the hodgepodge group of (defensive talent) they have, they were lying to you. He has proven he is an excellent defensive coordinator. Now, he showed (in San Francisco) that he was not ready to be a head coach - he had his hand in too many pots, interfered with the defense too much and never could get the offense settled. But when it comes to producing pressure and recognizing matchups, he does a great job."

19. Paul Pasqualoni / Dolphins — Miami has not been able to generate enough takeaways or control momentum, but Pasqualoni receives high marks around the league for his coaching prowess. SCOUT'S TAKE: "He is one the best teachers I have ever been around. They are getting a lot out of some young players, and he's a big reason for that. You can question some of the X's and O's, but he is solid all the way around. He'd be on my short list for a head job if I were hiring."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/11/ranking-the-offensive-coordinators

19. Dan Henning / Dolphins
    Known for being a more traditional, run-first offensive mind, Henning was forced to move away from a more gimmicky offense after injuries took their toll, and he still kept the Fins competitive despite youth at quarterback and few offensive playmakers.
    SCOUT'S TAKE: "The head coach (Tony Sparano) does a great job with the offensive line, but Henning is very underrated. To make the transition they did after losing Chad Pennington and still move the ball was impressive. They caught everyone off guard with a gimmick offense last year, but most of the league caught on, and they went to more of a traditional offense after Ronnie Brown got hurt. You got a young quarterback (Chad Henne), an old running back (Ricky Williams) and Ted Ginn not consistent enough to trust — they didn't have a big playmaker in the offense after they lost Ronnie (Brown), but they were still in almost every game. When you can't make big plays and are still efficient moving the ball, that's a tribute to the offensive coordinator."

2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I lol'd :lol:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Sean Mcdermott as the number one coordinator?

4. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah there were some i didnt agree with and that was one.

5. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: