1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare positive post about Ginn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Ginn hasnt been counted on to be our #1 WR since week 3 except to people like you and me. Should he be a #1 considered what we invested in him? Absolutely! But everyone knows he is not one so Im not sure why he is being judged as one week after week.

As far as ST you will find many posts by me when Cobbs was back their talking about how terrible our blocking was, so I think he has done good returning kicks all things considered.

And like you Im very vocal when a Smith, Porter, Carey, Ginn, Wilson, Bess play poorly, it seems many posters however focus on Ginn exclusively.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He can't run slants and etc because he drops the ball because he's afraid he'll get tackled.

3. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Comparing the routes Ginn runs to those of Welker and Bess just isn't correct? Are you expecting Ginn to be a Welker type player? That may be the first reason you are disappointed.

When have I been critical? The entire time! Almost every post so far that I have said he has struggled, his hands have been bad and he has had mental issues.

In fact, my only argument this entire time has been "he has the tools, lets bring him into camp and see if he can put it together".

Is that really blind support? Is it some crazy proclamation? Am I saying he is the next coming?

You yourself said WR was a huge need - we have ONE guy on the roster with the physical tools to be a consistent big-play guy. He has had ups and downs but has shown that his speed is an asset - is it that outrageous that I hope he puts it together and becomes productive?

Stitches likes this.
  4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No offense...I like Ginn and I hope he develops into the game-breaking receiver we all hope for...but you cannot judge the success of a player by one play. Watch one episode of Pros vs Joes and you'll see that even the best get beaten every now and then by far inferior opponents.

azfinfanmang, SICK and Stitches like this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    LOL, sure bro...do what you want.

People who actually use buttons like ignore and neg rep? Not sure I care to carry a conversation with them anyhow.

Sorry if you were offended and have a good holiday.

gunn34 likes this.
  6. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Love for you to show me the opportunities he has had on a quick slant in which he dropped the ball.

In fact, I would say his fear of contact and his drops haven't been related. I can't recall a time when a drop occurred before Ginn took a hit.

7. phin616

phin616 Semper Paratus

Dec 13, 2009
    Nothern Virginia
    With Rare and Positive in the same sentence, this thread was bound to turn the way you hoped it wouldn't from the beginning. I do think, Ted Ginn is not utilized properly by this team.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Physical tools aren't the only thing needed. Whatever else it is that is needed, Ginn lacks it. Now, if you could take that other stuff that Hartline, Bess, and Cam have and give it Ginn's physical tools...then we have something. However, at this point I am just not sure that other stuff will come around.

PhiNomina and Fin-Omenal like this.
  9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Go look at the thread after the Colts and Saints games and you will see how "biast" Iam.

But the fact remains we ALL know he has been disappointing thats obvious, but after games like the Titans why does he garner more negativity than guys like Wilson or Davis? Its stuff like that, that makes me and some others shake their heads. You guys proclaim Ginn is nothing more than a #4 WR but you hold him acountable when he doesnt play like a #1.

Also he runs no where near the same routes as Welker? Thats really off base.

10. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    I gave you a thanks for trying to be positive. :yes:

But I still don't put a lot of weight in that logic. Yes, Ginn beat Revis on that play, and I realize you weren't saying Ginn is better than Revis.... But every player can have a bad day. I credit that specific route more to Revis probably "messing up" than Ginn actually "burning" him, if that makes sense. I was trying to put it in perspective, but I realize you know this and were just trying to create positive spin. I won't frown on that, for sure. :up:

Have to admit all the anti-Ginn stuff is getting old. We all know he is underperforming, how many times do we need to discuss it?

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    No argument there. Just seeing how hard it is to come up with WR's that have the physical skills that Ginn possesses, I'm willing to wait him out a bit longer than I would a player with limited physical ability.

If we could somehow get a Chad Johnson or Steve Smith here, I would be fine with letting Ginn go. Based on our coaching staff and offensive style, I see this coaching staff putting a playmaker TE above WR, which is why I want to see Ginn succeed.

He may not have the best odds, but if we get him to put it together we have solved a huge issue internally.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Thanks for getting the point bro, and that is the most frusterating thing is after a heart wrenching loss where we had 3 redzone turnovers and one in OT that the focus still never strays away from Ginn. It is getting very old but lets face it this guy has to be the most hated Dolphin EVER! He makes Jay Feidler look like Larry Csonka.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    It does seem like people hate Ginn more than Ray Lucas.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I wouldn't go THAT far.
    I honestly have nothing against Ted Ginn the person.
    I am just very very tired of being dissapointed of Ted Ginn the football player.

15. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Lucas ruined my 2002. Ted Ginn only ruins my attention span on this forum. :lol:

azfinfanmang and Stitches like this.
  16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    this "point" would've been relevant months ago. when it happened.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't, but I do expect more from Ginn than Ray Lucas like play.

Is that fair?

Look, I want Ginn to succeed, but he is just not doing it consistently.

People say he needed positivity to succeed, after the Jet game he has turned as far south as the south pole on kick returns. And as soon as he catches the ball you can see he very hesitant, and don't give me its the blocking, because good return people put there head down and get what they can get, he does not.

I also saw someone say he is not Welker, I agree, but has anyone noticed they have him running the Weker routes more and more? Hartline and yes Bess have been running the deep routes more the past few weeks.

Ginn has made the catches the past few weeks, maybe the staff is trying to take pressure off him as being the deep threat?

We all want him to succeed, but he is the only one that can do it, and so far he has been below average.

azfinfanmang, Stitches and Fin-Omenal like this.
  18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Like I said to another guy bro, it was brought to my attention how dominant Revis actually was, wich shows the ability to be able to do it against the best.

It was a great route on a great player, this doesnt justify anything..he has played like dog sh-t but its not becasue he lacks ability its because he has some deep seeded mental issues.

It was a look into a rare bright spot.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    All threads that contain a G and I ann an N are bait for people who want to say bad things about Ted.

By the way I thought we all agreed not to say the name Ray Lucas ever again.

20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    To be fair, I did say "seem."

azfinfanmang likes this.
  21. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Ginn has actually run some great routes this season. A few times Henne has actually underthrown the ball so that he had to slow down when he had coverage beaten. He's had a few drops but his first two seasons that was never a problem and that is a positive in my eyes.

I still believe in what he can do.

Delfin Alejandro and Fin-Omenal like this.
  22. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    You could have taken this advice as well......surely you know better than to think this wouldn't turn into what it did?

Stitches and miamiron like this.
  23. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    :no:

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not sure why you would disagree with that at all. It's actually 110% accurate.

Also the fact is that only a few of his "drops" should even be placed on him. In fact I can only think of three that were his "fault" and should have been easy catches.

25. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I will say I've never seen you duck out of bounds :shifty:

Delfin Alejandro, Styla and SICK like this.
  26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I still want Ginn to focus on being a WR because there are still a lot of positives about his ability. No-one mentions any of the extremely tough catches he has made this season...for some odd reason.

Honestly I think he needs to get drilled by a defender. Realize he's still alive, and play a little less timid with the ball.

PhiNomina likes this.
  27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It's because of where he was drafted sadly. If we picked him up as an UDFA like Bess, everyone would be raving about his potential and how we just need to give him time.

28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    :shifty:

Styla likes this.
  29. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    to look at this from another perspective ... just maybe Ginn didn't 'abuse' Revis, just maybe he didn't consider him a real threat deep (at least one we would throw to), let him get by and paid the price.

Ginn had 1 amazing play that game .... the 2d KR for a TD ... the other plays weren't amazing, and probably just caught the JESTS by surprise.

I am thankful of those plays ... don't mistake what i'm saying ... but Ginn still is what he is ... a god blessed speed demon, who is just so afraid to get clocked its shameful.

you put him in a position where he can use his speed and not be overwhelmed with fear - such as hitch and go, go, outs, come backs ... or simply anything along the sideline or goes .... same for KRs ... as long as he can run to the sideline, he is good ... ask him to bust the seam up the middle is just another story; which is why i say PR is not for him .... because that calls for him to beat the flier, since he generally doesn't have time to run for the sidelines .....

he does have a role .... but except on rare occassions, not sure his value is there.

will we ever 'get over' the fact that he was drafted #9 ... i know i won't ... plain and simple -- as much as i won't get over taking Beck with the 2d rounder that year. again, is that his fault - goodness no .... but its the same as in your job / field ... say your boss hires some boob over you for a promotion and he clearly isn't the right guy ... do you not complain and moan about it ......

how do you think Hartline feels about the $$$ that Turner got vs him ... how about Bess ... now how about Ginn ....

jetssuck likes this.
  30. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Yea Revis was beat because he didnt think Ginn could toast him...:pity:

And if you and others refuse to get over where he was drafted then your asking to be miserable because every game he doesnt get 100 yards u will be dissapointed.

How do you think Josh Cribbs feels making 600 grand while Brady Quinn was making a boatload?

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Ummmm I didnt say negative remarks about Ginn? I havent seen a couple of the notorious Ginn bashers around here, but there is always those few I guess who just cant help themselves.:up:

32. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    And some can't help but to keep it going regardless of what side they are on...

You actually helped start a Ginn bashing thread....ironical huh?

33. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    you don't think that was possible ... how many times did we throw deep that game? how many times to Ginn ??

if i am a DC, i am willing to take a chance a go with percentages ... i'm not saying that that is what happened - i just offered a possible circumstance.

i don't have 'expectations' in #s WRT what i expect from Ginn ... what irritates me is just the way he plays the game ..... and as a Ron Wolf/Bill Parcells type guy - would never have a guy like that on my team. if the guy played hard and just wasn't good enough - then hey, thanks for trying - its a mistake ... but when he has all the talent in the world - and can't bring it on the field ... that is irritating

34. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    my mother always said "don't say anything unless you have something nice to say".

with that I will with hold any further comments

jetssuck likes this.
  35. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Doesn't matter Ginn will be gone in 2010 let him take some other teams roster spot.

36. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

And why is that?

Because I could start a thread "Ginn saves orphans from house fire" and some people would find a way to make it a "bashing thread"

Its sad when Dolphins fans are divided over one side supporting a player and the other hating every chance they get. I realize message boards are created for purposes of debate but the Ginn BS has made us ALL look bad.

37. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Maybe you don't get it maybe you do, but we are fans and as fans we have the right to question players and if they help or hurt the team. Ginn was a huge bust for Miami and do you remember all the boo's and thumbs down when Cameron announced drafting him ? Ginn has had many oppertunities to turn those thumbs up but has failed. The guy was called out by the Titans what was Ginn's answer ? I haven't felt this way about a guy taking a roster spot since Jay fiiedler. Sorry but that's the way it is, it's time to cut him lose and move into a different direction.
    GO PHINS!!!!!!!!

38. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    As soon as we have a playmaking reciever and Ginn is long forgotten about the people who are constantly defending him will look back and wonder what the heck they were thinking.

39. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    If you started a thread saying Ginn ran into a burning house, ppl would just assume it was inadvertently placed too close to the sideline... :shifty:

Seriously tho....there's no difference between the thread you started and some guy posting a "Ginn sucks" thread. They will all end the same way and you can only blame BOTH groups for that.

Starting this thread, did nothing to help this situation. In fact it appears that you are setting a trap for Ginn bashers, for the sole purpose of calling them out.

40. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    You could have ignored it.

I'm not a Ginn fan, yet I have not been very negative in this thread.

Don't we all want him to be good?

Each person on this site is welcome to their opinion.

azfinfanmang and Fin-Omenal like this.