1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare positive post about Ginn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Dec 23, 2009.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :chuckle:

jetssuck likes this.
  2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Not really.....had that TD not been called back. We'd now be arguing in a thread titled something like "the Ted Ginn apology thread".

Also, is it me or did the meaning of having a "good game", become somewhat diluted by the limited expectations for our reluctant street racer?

NaboCane likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    :lol:..nothing better than drinking a beer and reading these guys, screw MNF the Ginn "Ha-ers" are way more entertaining!

adamprez2003 and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    5 catches for 85 yards? Leading wr?
    Should he have discovered another source of energy while he was out there :lol:

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    If it was Bess you would be reading about his heart and grit..:up:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  6. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    :lol: I know you are anything but a Ginn fan, NaboCane, but were you also berating Bess when he had his 100 yd game but also had a fumble?

Had that play not been called back Ginn would have had 8 rec for 144 yards and a TD. Can he get a little credit for this?

He also went up and caught a ball over a defender in crunch time - isn't that something we've all wanted to see? Physical play and taking a hit?

Not saying you have to call the guy the next coming of Jerry Rice - but if you want the pro-Ginn side to admit when he plays bad, you have to also admit when he plays well.

adamprez2003 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  7. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    All the Ginn lovers better watch the next game, because it's most likely his last game in a Dolphin uniform.

NaboCane likes this.
  8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    He had a better game than Andre Johnson, Imagine his stat line if the "tripping" call didnt occur, trade value goes from a 6th to a 4th.

adamprez2003 and unluckyluciano like this.
  9. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    good thing you didnt bet every return or you wouldve lost money

10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    hmmm seems to me he is seeing increased playing time. If it continues to increase I will say he will have another shot. unless someone offers something up for him.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

post of the year

12. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    YEAH HE WOULDVE ONLY HASD 130 YD GAME PLUS A TD. I FORGET ANYTHING LESS THAN 200 YDS A GAME AND HE'S A BUST :lol:

13. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    That is fine - as long as he is still in that Phins uniform I will still cheer for him.

If cheering for the players on my favorite team is wrong in your eyes I don't give a damn.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

He did it twice in a row, but the guy wouldn't take the bet the second time.:sad:

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

A guy like you belongs in the club level bro, hope to see you there soon.

16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The problem with you "lovers" (as opposed to us "haters" :rolleyes:) is that while I'll recognize the good that Ginn does in a given game, you guys act like there's nothing at all wrong with his game otherwise; you refuse to see the cringing, the miscues, the fumbles, the drops, the scurrying out of bounds, the seven-to-one ratio of bad-to-good plays - nothing bad whatsoever.

You're unrealistic, and that's where you cross from the sublime to the ridiculous.

17. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    they are like the two old guys in the balcony on the muppet shows :lol:

[​IMG]

18. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The Ginn bashing just never stops huh?

19. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Been in the club since the site started - best money I spend all year.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Exact opposite, find me one person on this site that hasnt been critical of Ginn?

But ofcourse "certain guys" are nowhere to be found when he plays well...after that Jets game I didnt see "SOME PEOPLE" around here for days.

PhiNomina likes this.
  21. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    ?

You are the one arguing that Ginn had a horrible game.

I have readily admitted Ginn's faults all year - I have two arguments that are pro-Ginn -

1 - We have nothing else. If we find better replacements and get rid of Ginn then fine; but until that point, he is one of our better options at our weakest position.

2 - His first two years he couldn't get separation but had sufficient hands - this year the opposite happened. It isn't far fetched to think he could put this all together next year.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  22. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Now tell the truth, you knew this would start when you posted in this thread tonight didn't you. :shifty:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  23. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    au contraire my friend. it is us level headed Ginn defenders (not lovers or apologists) that see the good and bad. We merely defend him from over the top slurs and accusations. If one were to believe half the posts regarding him, an unsuspecting and unkowing fan might believe that Ted Ginn singlehandedly prevented us from going to the Super Bowl this year

seven to one ratio of bad to good plays lol. If that was even halfway true he would have been cut a long time ago. Like I said in another thread, one side will be proven right next year. If ted ginn is as bad as you guys say there is no way this front office keeps him. if they do keep him it will prove that you were overreacting and that the calmer coolheaded approach and big picture vision that our side so admirably displays was the correct way to view his play

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

NJ are u accusing me of being a bored guy with nothing better to do while watching MNF?? :shifty:

Nah, only half the reason...i didnt wanna flat out start another thread pointing out Ginn played well so I figured this would do. Sure is fun though isnt it!?

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  25. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    And that's part of the problem with the viewpoint of the Ginn "lovers;" a lack of contextual perspective.

Where Ginn makes some good plays within the context of a decidedly poor career, Bess makes some mistakes in the context of a decidedly good career.

But, of course, you want to disparage a kid who made the team as an undrafted free agent on pure merit - who has been one of the bright spots on the team since his arrival - in order to artificially aggrandize Ginn.

I don't want Ginn gone for any one thing, any one poor aspect of his game, no matter how often he repeats the same miscues; I want him gone for what he has lacked in the entirety of his career.

I am a MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN - NOT A DAVONE BESS FAN, NOT A TED GINN HATER.

But of course, some of the people on this site won't ever get that - because since their boy is nearly indefensible on his limited merits, they need to villainize me and others who don't like how Ted Ginn plays, to have something to hang their hats on.

26. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Only reason I'm watching is because I'm in my fantasy Championship game, I'm up by 10 and need Peterson to have a bad game. So far so good.

Fin-Omenal and adamprez2003 like this.
  27. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    if this site was in charge of producing the NFL year end Film on the Dolphins it would be called "TED GINN COST US THE SEASON" :lol:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  28. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Seven to one bad plays to good?

Other comments I have heard about Ginn this year:

He has 3 drops to every 1 catch (Ginn had 30 receptions at the time - which would mean 90 drops)

His drops are worse than Bess' fumbles.

I don't think Ginn is great or ever will be - but to say there is a seven to one ratio is completely ridiculous. He has some bad drops and a few muffed kicks - but just taking his KR (two TD's, 51 yarder vs NE, 48 yarder vs Car), his Jets 53-yarder, his Indy game (11 rec, 7 first downs), this past game and his 22 yard reverse-

You are saying he has 56 bad plays to compare to just those ones I could name off the top of my head.

I'm less a defender of Ginn as I am a defender of common sense. Or math.

29. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    We're just tired of reading the same nonsense from you every week. We get it that you don't like Ginn. How many times do you need to shred the guy on a weekly basis? :pity:

If not for the BS penalty, he would have finished with 140+ yards and a touchdown yesterday. Guess that isn't up to YOUR standards.

Styla and Fin-Omenal like this.
  30. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

:pointlol:

31. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I said it earlier - I am a Dolphins fan and will continue to cheer for Ginn. He has shown flashes of being a solid player and that makes me hope he can put it together.

If we find a better player - I will cheer for him and not care if Ginn moves on to another team.

But until then, WR is still our weakest position and Ginn is the only guy with his skill set on this team - so I will continue to hope he puts it all together.

I find it ironic that in your bashing of Ginn - you do the exact same thing for Bess you accuse us of doing for Ginn.

Bess is a decent player - with all of 2 career TD's. He also has almost as many drops as Ginn this year and (according to ESPN's game log) has 6 fumbles on the year.

I love what Bess does for this team and think he is a solid role player - but your defense of Bess as being a bright spot is fairly hypocritical when you turn around and mock me for supporting Ginn.

32. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    False. But of course, it doesn't suit your purpose to admit that I've been right there with everyone praising Ginn when he's done good things.

False. Show me ONE LEGITIMATE QUOTE from me in which I say he had a horrible game on Sunday.

But, of course, it suits your purpose to mis-characterize what I say and exaggerate it to an extreme in order to discredit me, without actually having to produce any valid argument.

As noted above, level-headed most decidedly does NOT describe you and yours.

My friend.

33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Discredit you huh? Ok....

Ginn is like a glass of beer depending on how you look at him its either half full or half empty, depends on the preson I guess.

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  34. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I too like Bess, like not love. But its these two players that make me convinced that this is all about draft position. fumbles are far more costly than drops and bess's problems have lingered season long. Ginn basically went through a 4 game meltdown but has been relatively free of drops other than those four games. he clearly has more big game potential yet bess can do no wrong and ginn can do no right

PhiNomina likes this.
  35. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Its frusterating to me that after Ginn has a bad game the same 5-6 guys spend the WHOLE week talking negative about him, but when he plays well that peticular herd goes into hiding...I mean if Ginn wouldve had Bess's stat line there would be 4 threads on Ginn sucking.

And that my friends is true.

Styla, adamprez2003 and Merauder like this.
  36. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i forgot to mention we are better looking also.

NaboCane and Anonymous like this.
  37. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Alright, Nabo, I'm done arguing about this because we obviously won't agree; but while you never said the words "horrible game" I don't think it is far fetched for me to assume that the above post meant you thought he had a bad game.

38. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, I have said he has done better as a WR lately, and I hope he can build on it a few times.

I just can't figure the guy out.

I do think he needs to get stronger in the off season, maybe that will help him not shy away from contact as much.

Stitches, PhiNomina and Fin-Omenal like this.
  39. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I feel like an oddball because I like Ted Ginn and Devone Bess.....hmmm

40. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Again, characterizing criticism of a player as "hate" is another way of disparaging the person doing the criticizing.

The beer would have to be halfway up the glass to begin with in order for your analogy to stand.

Start at the beginning; Ginn as a WR in the NFL? The glass doesn't even come a quarter of the way up, because 178-lb Receivers are rare in the pros - and with good reason.

Ginn's career? 3 years, 47 games; 125 catches, 35 yards per game; 8 TDs, 3 fumbles.

Would you say that's average, or below average? Because if it's below average that 1/4 glass of beer just went down a couple fingers.

Now factor in the drops, the avoidance of contact, the clear and obvious cringing before hits - FACTS, called out by national and local media, not opinion; now how much beer you got left?

:lol: Enjoy your sip of Ginn. :wink2: