1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare positive post about Ginn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Dec 23, 2009.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I knew you were odd!:lol:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Okay.....then its a 1/4 full not a 1/4 empty:tongue2:

3. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Even if Ginn has a good game you still have to come here and talk negatively about him. It really is sad.

Styla and Fin-Omenal like this.
  4. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    A "good" game is meerly catching the Ball for Mr Ginn

A "good" game is falling down into a fetal position before contact occurs

A "good" game is 1 or 2 catches for 12 yards and 2 fetal curls

A "good" game is beating the defense to the sideline on kickoffs

A "good" game is not fumbling the kickoffs

A "good" game involves, while on the line of scrimmage, chanting over and over I think I can, I think I can

Good games are in abundance for Mr Ginn, Traits I wish all our opponent's had.

Apologize. Not ever.

He gets paid high dollar to be "Good". At least he is consistent!!!!!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Never fear "other guys" Im sure Ginn will have like 3 catches for 22 yards next week then you will be back to your regular selfs and have the whole offseason to cry about it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    And everything is a bad game in your eyes.

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    that bordered on the ridiculous in meds channel. ginn was really making catch after catch and people refused to stop bashing him regardless of what he did on the field

8. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I hope Ginn retires as a Miami Dolphin in 10 years.

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    So, dude...if I don't support my team the way you want me to, I'm not supporting them?!

This is where this community has lost its way, it's where we're failing miserably - some have lost sight of the fact that we're all fans of the same team - the one we're all here to TALK ABOUT; and that there's a person here at the other keyboard, not some object of hate.

And where we're REALLY failing is in differentiating between talking about the team, and talking about other members; and, most of all, in attempting at every turn to try to tell other people what they should and shouldn't think - what they should and shouldn't post.

Saying that I should "support the team," - and this isn't aimed specifically or only at you, FS - and then attempting to define that support for me - is where we've lost our way.

It used to be on this forum, and on the old home site when it wasn't awful, that targeting others wasn't fair game. Now, since "The Ginn Wars," suddenly it has not only become fashionable, but officially sanctioned.

It's a real shame, since I couldn't give a **** less about telling anyone else how to think, or what to post - but boy, it has become a cottage industry here in the last few weeks.

jetssuck and 2socks like this.
  10. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    All you post about is bashing Ginn. Maybe you should make your own message board called www.tedginnsucks.com or something and you can say the same thing over and over about the guy with everyone else who loves to bash him. :up:

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Dude your being unreasonable, the people who believe in Ginn have had to fight tooth and nail to defend him while you and others couldnt get enough of it, now that the tables have turned a bit you call out the members of the site?

Get real.

Styla likes this.
  12. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    And there is real good......where.........from Tedd Ginn?????

Surely your still not stuck on the 2 run backs

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I mean who would be....it didnt beat our biggest rival at their place or nothing.

14. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    catch after catch.....for what team????????

15. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I seriousely think you ignore the game's where Ginn does well in. Did you not watch the last game?

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  16. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think we are starting to get a bit too personal on some of these posts, so lets stay on the topic please.

17. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    No. But it seems your stuck on the bad games he's had. The drops he's had in the games that were in the middle of the season. I don't know if you watched the last game. He outperformed Andre Johnson. If that was ANY other receiver, we'd all be talking about it right now. Get over it, dude. Ted had a good game. Be happy.

Merauder, adamprez2003 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  18. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    EVERY SINGLE POST I've made about the topic has been discussing the topic.

I have NEVER called out any member of this site for having the opinion that they do of the team or its players, nor for posting it.

You and yours, on the other hand - it's an integral part of your whole argument.

And...tooth and nail?! Seriously? You feel the need to "fight tooth and nail" and disparage a fellow Dolphins fan in order to defend a Dolphins player - who we are here to discuss - FROM MESSAGE-BOARD CRITICISM?

So, you feel that it's OK to disparage, minimize and exaggerate about a guy just like you - a regular guy, a fan - to defend a football player from being CRITICIZED? A football player on the team we're here to discuss?

Seriously, do you not get this?

19. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    See this is the problem.

Ginn does not get a pass for the other 15 games we play because he had 1 great game. Yes Great game. What else did he do in that game other then the 2 kicks??? Just asking.

20. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    This is in response to your rant about people arguing for Ginn's play aren't allowing for your opinion and forcing you to cheer the way they want.

You call those same fans ridiculous and cite some ridiculous 7-to-1 stat.

So name calling and straight out lies about stats are allowed?

You are being hypocritical. I respect your opinions and actually agree with you on a lot of other topics, but I don't appreciate your being a martyr after having just called me "unrealistic" and "ridiculous".

21. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I believe I turned it off at the half. I was sick to my stomach because we just threw away the playoffs:up:

22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    GL with that...

But like I said before this will be the biggest offseason in Ted Ginns life do or die time, not sure if he will be a Dolphin or not but he has the ability to be a fine WR.

23. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Well, I don't blame you. You did miss an amazing comeback though. And you would have flipped out if you saw the "tripping" call on Polite.

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

So why cant you say anything positive when Ginn has a good game? If you are are only "here to discuss him" when he plays poorly does that not give everyone reason to believe an agenda is involved?

I dont have a problem with anyone being down on Ginn he has dissapointed ME to the fullest! But I also can see a talented football player who may or may not be a very good player in the league, im not ready to say F-CK Ginn yet......sorry.

Styla likes this.
  25. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Hey try this

Go to work and only perform less then 10% of the time. That means if you work Mon - Fri .............only work 1/2 day on Monday. The rest of the days and time hang out in the break room

Guarantee your fired by the following Friday

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  26. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    53 yard TD against Jets.
    22 yard reverse against Buffalo.
    11 receptions - 7 first downs against Indy.
    51 yard return vs NE.
    38 and 47 yard returns against Carolina.
    82 yard game LAST WEEK against the Texans.

He also had nice the two nice sideline grabs and the catch off of his knee.

I'm not arguing his stats as a #1 WR. I'm arguing them in relation to this team and the players we have available. He is producing and has gotten to be very reliable in recent weeks with his hands.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  27. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I got it recorded....what happened

28. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Because that's what Ted Ginn does, right?

29. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :no:

You either really believe what you're posting, or just being argumentative for its own sake.

I'm sorry that we can't agree on this topic, but what really makes me sad is that you and some others on this site can' or won't differentiate between talking about the team and its players, and talking about other members.

It's even sadder that telling others how to think and what they should and shouldn't be posting is allowed, or how to support a team they've supported for 40 years.

Regardless of how the team was doing, we used to be better than that.

30. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Chad Henne threw a 62 yard TD pass to Ginn to tie the game. But, it was called back because lou polite was called for tripping. Even though the defender was in the air and Polite fell on the ground without touching him. That sucked the life right out of us.

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Thats funny......true but funny!

Something just occured to me, the Admins, Mods what have you, have their own forum...I just picture those guys being like "Sh-t another f--king Ginn thread"

[mod] And you started it again!!!!:tantrum:[/mod]

Crappy Tipper and NaboCane like this.
  32. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    Exactly! Ted Ginn isn't the only guy that didn't play to his potential and he already said that this is one of his worst football seasons, props to him for saying that!

And if we bash or blame anybody we should blame some defensive players and the coaches (espesially Dan Henning and his wussy playcalling)!

Btw, good post! :wink2:

33. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Again, this is why people get frustrated with the negative Ginn opinions - what stat shows that he is performing only 10% of the time?

You just admitted to not having watched the last game so I think that is part of the confusion - if you have it recorded check out Ginn's 62 yard bomb that was called back and the 35 yard pass he outjumped the defender and came down with the ball. Both nice plays. The kind of plays we need to see him come down with more often.

Is he a superstar? No. But do we have someone else that can stretch a defense on the roster? Until we do I'll continue to look for positives in his game.

adamprez2003 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  34. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    So...your issue with what I say isn't that it's not true, but that I'm not saying what you'd like me to be saying?

35. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    These threads get feisty quickly but if you go back you'll see I never tried to force an opinion or did any name calling.

I just want to have an honest discussion - and saying things like "7 to 1" bad plays to good, or calling me unrealistic and ridiculous don't support good discussion.

Do you disagree? Can you point out where I have said similar things to you that you have said to me?

NaboCane and Fin-Omenal like this.
  36. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    honestly since his benching, can anyone really fault his hands anymore? he's made tough catch after touch catch (remember the sideline one?) now we're back to the aesthetic "he's not tough enough for my taste" argument ( the fact he hasnt missed a game in 3 yrs notwithstanding) or he doesnt catch enough passes (because he controls the play calling and whether henne throws to him or not) his kick returning sucks even though the blockers creating a seam for ginn occurs about as frequently as Halley's comet

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  37. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Dude please stop trying to post to justify some complaint Im sure you made to our staff, im sure they have their hands full with this stuff as it is....no one is calling anyone anything horrible just a disagreement. YOU are taking it too personal, most of us realize Ginn has sucked this year, some are just not as judgmental.

Please stop making this something it isnt.

38. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    All I am trying to say is Ginn is consistent in the wrong direction. I would love nothing more for him to be all that we need him to be. He just hasn't and I can't stand it that he is taking up the space and returns that someone else could have an opportunity to play and maybe produce more. God knows we need it.

I just want to win....with Ginn we are being held back. Does he fly....he does......but i cringe when he is thrown the ball....that is not good. I remember the kickoff he fumbled. He was gonna get smacked and he fumbled, recovered and curled into a ball all before contact got there.....WTF?????

PhiNomina likes this.
  39. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    unless you're a union man :up:

40. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: I guarantee that's exactly what they're saying.