1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate my team x30

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Desides, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yeah, one of those threads. This is my team in GISH's Legends of Miami league. The scoring setup is pretty odd, rewarding big plays while dinging you big for turnovers. This is also PPR. 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 PK, 1 DST, 2 IDP.

QB1: Ben Roethlisberger
    QB2: Sam Bradford

WR1: Vincent Jackson
    WR2: Miles Austin
    WR3: Santonio Holmes
    WR4: Anquan Boldin
    WR5: Pierre Garcon
    WR6: Robert Meachem

RB1: Chris Johnson
    RB2: Mark Ingram
    RB3: DeAngelo Williams
    RB4: Ryan Grant
    RB5: James Starks

TE1: Rob Gronkowski
    TE2: Zach Miller

PK: Alex Henery

DST: New Orleans Saints

IDP1: James Harrison
    IDP2: Jon Beason

I like this setup. I'm deep as hell at WR; my QBs don't throw too many INTs and can rack up TDs; my RBs are solid with a potential to be top notch; my TEs are TD magnets; and my IDPs rack up tackles and can get to the QB for sack points.

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I rate your team an F-. I like this one though... :shifty:

QB1: Mike Vick
    QB2: Josh Freeman

WR1: Hakeem Nicks
    WR2: DeSean Jackson
    WR3: Austin Collie
    WR4: Jacoby Ford
    WR5:Michael Crabtree
    WR6: Nate Burleson

RB1: Felix Jones
    RB2: Tim Hightower
    RB3: Knowshon Moreno
    RB4: BenJarvus Green Ellis
    RB5: Brandon Jacobs
    RB6: C.J. Spiller

TE1: Jermichael Finley

PK: Billy Cundiff

DST: San Diego

IDP1: Tramon Williams
    IDP2: Derrick Johnson

3. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I like how you totally copied my post. :up:

MonstBlitz likes this.
  4. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Those are your top backs :no: you need to make a move or somethin

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Bring it on. My team owns both of yours. Hard.

QB1: Tom Brady
    QB2: Kevin Kolb

WR1: Marques Colston
    WR2: Jeremy Maclin
    WR3: Santana Moss
    WR4: Danny Amendola
    WR5: Malcom Floyd
    WR6: Steve Smith (Car)

RB1: LeSean McCoy
    RB2: Darren McFadden
    RB3: Ahmad Bradshaw (FLEX)
    RB4: Marshawn Lynch
    RB5: Darren Sproles

TE1: Vernon Davis

PK: Robbie Gould

DST: New England Patriots

IDP1: Ray Lewis
    IDP2: Jared Allen
    IDP3: Kerry Rhodes

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Hmmm, as an outsider Id say team # 1 is the best on paper..team #2 has HUGE potential but could bust out, and team #3 looks just all around solid.

If Monsters RB's are just average his big play potential is huge with the DJACK/Vick combo..Finley and imo a guy who will be a top 3 scorer at WR in Nicks.

Desides and MonstBlitz like this.
  7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I like team 2 the best. There's some bust potential, but I think Vick, Hakeem Nicks, Felix Jones and Finley could each end up the top scorers at their respective positions. I think they'll all be top 5 at their respective positions. I also like Hightower and Freeman to be at least solid and maybe good to very good.

Desides and MonstBlitz like this.
  8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    RB definitely isn't the position of strength, but instead of having 2 great RBs I think I have 5 good ones. And both Tim Hightower and Felix Jones have potential to be breakout players this year. If I'm wrong about them, I'm hoping the other options I have can fill in.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I still say I have the best overall team. :shifty: Griddles is stacked at RB, though.

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Big Ben is a solid fantasy QB, then you got a potential stud in Bradford (who also plays in a dome wich is nice come playoff time), RB's are nice if DW stays healthy his career YPC is over 5 so u do the math. 2 stud #1 WRs....yea I like that team.

Desides likes this.
  11. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I am a fan of Colston and Maclin... and I feel like Moss and Amendola are fine WR3 options. I can see why people would dislike my WRs though... no real big names but I opted to go RB, RB, RB, QB in the first four rounds.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    You just dont have that big name guy but that is really moot in the scheme of things, Amendola was the 9th highest scoring WR in my league last year and I got him in the 14th of 16th round.

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    My problem with your WRs is that they're all part of committees (Colston, Floyd) or are second options (Amendola, Maclin). I don't even know where Moss and Smith fit in on their rosters anymore and I consider them WR3s at best this year. Moss tends to have up and down years so I could be wrong about him, though.

Since this is PPR, your best WR might turn out to be Amendola, and he would be an absolute steal considering his draft position. (That's why I have him on my roster in Armchair GMs, so I agree he's a great below the radar pick.) I just think my roster is ultimately more balanced, that's all. :up:

14. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I value WRs a lot less because everything is so up in the air. I think Colston is the for sure #1 and Maclin is their possession guy who can also take it the distance. Jackson isn't going to get targeted a lot, IMO. But when he does, it'll be for a big gain. He'll have those 3 rec, 90 yard, TD games. Maclin is more likely to get the 6 rec, 85 yard, TD games.

I think your team has some questions at RB while mine has some at WR. It depends on what you value more. Will Chris Johnson be OK without any training camp? Will D-Will get his carries stolen from Stewart/Goodson? Will Mark Ingram get much more than 10-12 carries in NO? I do like that you handcuffed Grant with Starks though.

Not trying to downplay my team's WRs because they also have their question marks. Will Colston recover from injury? Can Maclin recover from missed TC time? Will Moss be overshadowed by the new WRs added? Will Amendola still be Bradford's favorite target?

My team has RBs that will run and catch the ball... in PPR style I think my team is better. But in regular format, you'd have a compelling argument, IMO..

Desides likes this.
  15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    New Orleans doesn't really have a #1 WR. They're like the Patriots offense in their Super Bowl days; the guy who's open gets thrown to. Colston also has an injury history, which downgrades him in my eyes. That's why I picked up Meachem; I think when/if Colston goes down, Meachem can step up.

As for Maclin, I don't necessarily disagree, but I think you're downplaying the presence of Steve Smith (former NYG). He's a better possession receiver than Maclin, IMO, and given how defenses will likely double Jackson and keep a safety on Maclin's side of the field, I think Steve Smith benefits from that arrangement. We'll have to see, though.

I agree that there are some questions, but they're pretty minor. The Titans offense still runs through CJ, and I like his odds of having a big year more than I like the odds of him flopping; DeAngelo is still the best RB on his team and just got paid big time, so I don't see him losing much if anything in terms of carries or targets; and Ingram will likely be as close to a feature back as New Orleans is willing to go, given that Chris Ivory was cut. At worst, Ingram will split touches with Thomas and will be the goal line back, which is fine for fantasy football purposes.

For me, the question mark is which Packer will be worth keeping in the long term. I didn't necessarily handcuff Grant with Starks as much as I hedged my bet; if Grant doesn't come out and play well, he'll get yanked for Starks. I'm set either way though.

Your 1-3 RBs are definitely perfect for PPR, that's why I think you're stacked there.

And just to contrast, whatever I lose in receptions by having, say, DeAngelo Williams on the roster, I more than make up for by having two fantasy WR1s and a real-life #1 WR (Holmes) on my roster. I can see the three adding up to at least 210 catches this year. I'm estimating that VJax and Austin both get about 75 catches, and Holmes gets around 60. That's plenty.

16. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think Lance Moore is going to be NO's WR to own. He is going to take a lot of the underneath stuff that Bush used to have.

17. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    looks like you got roasted in week 1 des...lol

you could be in trouble with your running backs though, i also have ingram as my 3rd RB, hope he still gets alive, vincent jackson had a healthy 0 points for me in week 1 , also have bradford but will drop him for henne this week

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not really. I was a couple of points away from winning week 1. All I needed was for Roethlisberger to not be completely terrible and I would have won. He only gave me 7 points; that won't happen again.

My RBs are fine. I can handle a slow start from the group as a whole because my WRs are fantastic. Chris Johnson will gradually get more work, and the Saints' and Panthers' schedules get easier starting in week 3, which means I can swap in Ingram and Williams depending on matchup.

If I start 0-4, then I'll panic. :lol:

19. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Sproles for Holmes. Just putting it out there... It is PPR, afterall... :yes:

20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You need to sweeten that pot, because Sproles won't have a game as good as he did in week 1 for a while. :lol:

21. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    yeah he was even better in week 2

22. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not really. He added 10 rushing yards and subtracted 40 receiving yards. The difference between week 2 and week 1 is his touchdown.

23. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    My top league team... non PPR

QB: Cam Newton
    RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB: Ryan Mathews
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Greg Jennings
    WR: AJ Green
    TE: Vernon Davis