1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate my team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Boik14, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    $150 per team, I think I drafted well considering its a 14 team league. Im thinking i might be a little weak at WR but usually a few of those pop up throughout the year.

StabbedByMrsMarshall
    1. (12) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
    2. (17) Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
    3. (40) Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)
    4. (45) Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
    5. (68) Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
    6. (73) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
    7. (96) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
    8. (101) Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
    9. (124) James Starks (GB - RB)
    10. (129) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
    11. (152) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)
    12. (157) Miami (Mia - DEF)
    13. (180) Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)
    14. (185) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
    15. (208) Danario Alexander (StL - WR)
    16. (213) Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)

Scoring:
    Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards; 10 points at 500 yards
    Passing Touchdowns 6 4
    Interceptions -2 -1
    Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 10 points at 200 yards
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions .50 0
    Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 10 points at 200 yards
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
    Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Sack 1
    Interception 2
    Fumble Recovery 2
    Touchdown 6
    Safety 2
    Block Kick 2
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
    Points Allowed 0 points 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
    Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -4

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Seems ok for a 14 team league, but I'd be concerned about Manning starting the year slowly.

Santana Moss slid way further in my league (I was disappointing when I realized he was still on the board; damn, live draft).

Boik14 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Im not worried at all about Manning, he had knee surgery like a week before the season in 2009 and won MVP that year. Plus I have a good backup for a 14 team league in Cutler. Plus its Peyton Manning so by slow start he might "only" throw for 300 yards and 2 TD instead of 350 and 3TD :lol:

I really hope Moss repeats last years numbers, 93/1115/7TD from a WR2 would be solid. I hope whoever wins that job looks Moss' way frequently.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I echo the QB concern. I thought that Manning started of really poor after that surgery. Something like 5 TDs in the first 5 games. And with him getting older...
    I also am not a big fan of Cutler. I agree that the receivers are a little weak. I would also be leery of Bush. There's the injury concern and our line has looked so bad.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    One player I am not at all concerned about is Reggie Bush. I think hes going to have a line similar to what LeSean McCoy had last year. McCoy had 1080 rushing and 78 catches for 500+ yards and double digit TD...Im thinking Bush will be around that rushing and 60+catches which would be excellent for a 5th round pick. The line concerns wont be as bad once Jake gets in there. He changes the complexion of the whole line and when in doubt, Reggie can just get behind him or Incognito/Pouncey and get those yards.

Looking at other teams my receivers seem about normal for 14 teams, one stud and a couple of players who could overachieve expectations or underachieve. I have a few developmental types on my watch list like Andre Roberts in Arizona, Eric Decker in Denver, Arrelious Benn in TB etc.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not as worried about your WRs b/c I agree that there are always some surprises that you can pick up during the year. But I'm not as sure about Bush. I think he'll get touches and yards in the passing game but I'm not sure if he'll get yards running. I also don't think he'll get a ton of redzone touches. And there's always an injury risk to consider with him. At a minimum he would have to be rated as a high risk there until he demonstrates a little more durability. This Dolphin's regime has shown a tendency to pick up oft-injured players in FA and having them continue to be oft-injured with us.

7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    IMO Reggie is showing he wants to be the back he was supposed to be when he came out. Staying late, doing the sled drills, staying disciplined on his runs between the tackles instead of trying to bounce everything for a big gain are the things that are going to keep his starting job locked down. I think hes turned a major corner in his pro career to the point where I pretty much banked my fantasy season on it. I dont get "sold" on these things easily but I think he is going to emerge as a high level fantasy force this year. Especially with Thomas slumping and LJ and Hilliard being the only other options the Dolphins really dont have too many choices imo. Its Bush or bust for their running game this year.

Just in case though i did draft James Starks and Montario Hardesty both of whom I think will be starting for their teams by the end of the year. Ryan Grant looks old and slow in Packers camp and Hillis only averaged 3.8 YPC over the final 6 games or so last year plus Madden cover jinx :lol:

EDIT: And normally I wouldnt take a QB 3rd round but QB's were flying off the board...Vick Brady Brees Rivers, Rodgers were already goe and I wasnt picking for another 30 picks or so. Might have gotten stuck starting Ryan Fitzpatrick or worse yet Mark Sanchez..Ultimate Fail :)

8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    mortreport Chris Mortensen
    Official: Sources say Manning had surgery this am - cervical fusion with 2-3 month minimum recovery.No word on whether he will be put on IR.

:omg:

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    According to Bush he worked just as hard and did the exact same things in NO. So that doesn't indicate any change in him. The running style change might. And I don't get why you expect Starks and Hardesty to be starting unless you foresee an injury. Neither is the better back compared to their backfield mate.

I get taking the QB, I just had no faith in Manning being healthy with the news at that point. I just thought it was a bad bet. I think Romo would have been a much better pick there. He's been a top 5 fantasy QB every year except 2010 when he was injured.