Rate this piece of work

24 replies

GISHGISHForum VeteranOP
Apr 9, 2008, 04:53 PM

I used a pre-cut photo of Ginn for this. I have absolutely no experience in photo editing.

What do you think? I think its nostalgic and vibrant. :yes:

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 01:30 AM

I'm learning more now. Here's an updated version.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 01:50 AM

I may have some skills for this. This is getting better.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 01:51 AM

If I saw a poster like that in the store, I'd definitely buy one.

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Apr 10, 2008, 02:28 AM

It kind of hurts my head.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 02:37 AM

It's alright, kind of tough on the eyes like Doc said. But you're a beginner and you'll learn quickly. I use to do a lot of photoshop, then I fell in love with video editing and forget all about that stuff. I was actually really thinking about majoring in graphic design up until my junior year.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 02:55 AM

How's this for ya doc? :D

Apr 10, 2008, 04:22 AM

The updated ones were better imo. First one is too bright or something, it's hard to look at.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Apr 10, 2008, 10:45 AM

That last one makes me think it would be cool if we had uni's like that. Navy, Aqua and Orange. Might look sweet.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 11:09 AM

Love your sig Hardcore... That Pats thread is HILARIOUS! Especially pages 113-115... Funny stuff

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Apr 10, 2008, 12:05 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

How's this for ya doc? :D

That's actually a little better.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 12:38 PM

here's a new look

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Apr 10, 2008, 12:55 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

here's a new look

Now THAT's tight -- although I would have made "playmaker" one word.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 12:59 PM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

Now THAT's tight -- although I would have made "playmaker" one word.

thanks. i've got that as my desktop background right now.

PHphineas64New Member
Apr 10, 2008, 01:27 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

here's a new look

Best one so far. Looks like you're getting the hang of it! Mind if I get a copy?

The greatest value of the past is how wisely we invest it in the future.
- Jim Rohn

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 03:42 PM

"phineas64 wrote:

Best one so far. Looks like you're getting the hang of it! Mind if I get a copy?

thanks. and yeah sure, by all means.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Apr 10, 2008, 03:45 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Love your sig Hardcore... That Pats thread is HILARIOUS! Especially pages 113-115... Funny stuff

Thanks bro. I was laughing so hard when I stumbled upon that I almost cried.

i Love the "I cant breathe" post :pointlol:

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 04:00 PM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

Now THAT's tight -- although I would have made "playmaker" one word.

i was going for a different meaning. Playmaker depicts someone that creates big plays when the game is on the line. Play. Maker. IMO indicates a player that makes the play work. Or more that the play would not work if he were not on the field. A player that creates a unique defensive look and creates mismatches at other positions simply by being on the field. If that makes any sense? It's only a subtle difference. I'd compare Greg Jennings to a playmaker, and Steve Smith to a play maker.

ALalen1New Member
Apr 10, 2008, 04:05 PM

The last one looks awesome! I hope you dont mind if I use it as a wallpaper.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 05:06 PM

"alen1 wrote:

The last one looks awesome! I hope you dont mind if I use it as a wallpaper.

thanks. go right ahead.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 05:29 PM

Sweet stuff, gish. I set that as my desktop as well!

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Apr 10, 2008, 05:33 PM

Gish. Good first start. Much better than my first attempt at photoshop. :up: If you want to dip further into it, www.good-tutorials.com is a great site to check out and learn some techniques.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 11, 2008, 03:12 PM

im not using photoshop. im using imageready. i found some tutorials, but most are for photoshop. here is a little something from a neon text tutorial.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Apr 11, 2008, 03:17 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

im not using photoshop. im using imageready. i found some tutorials, but most are for photoshop. here is a little something from a neon text tutorial.

That website has a section on imageready too.

giovafingiovafinForum Veteran
Apr 11, 2008, 08:05 PM

I´m not a graphics expert or something like that but I think the last one is very cool IMO. Good work!:up: